So now that PoE has a AAA budget, when will we see AAA production quality?

"
suszterpatt wrote:
Remember how pre-launch, Chris kept talking about how much they're ahead of schedule, and how much polish time they have left? And remember how launch day was still a shitshow, how the client now crashes so frequently for some people that it makes the game unplayable, and how there's still dozens of bugs?

All of which is acceptable from a small 100-man indie company. But now that GGG have got endless trunks of cash coming in from Tencent, they can afford to hire some external QA people. Lord knows they need them.

And don't give me that 1k hour expert crap, you don't need to be an expert to know when the game's crashed.

I appreciate that it takes some time to set these things up, but if by the end of the year there isn't a marked drop in bug counts and stability/performance issues, I can only chalk that up to a lack of effort/caring on GGG's part. They ought to have the resources.

Launch went actually really well and the game is pretty stable. Just because you have problems does not mean that too many others has any. FACT is that even the most expencive AAA+++ games wont work perfectly for everyone. Even single player games have problems with crashing and suchs.
The absence of whiny post on forum and reddit tells the tale that the game is working well for the majority of ppl.
Unlike every other league so far i havent heard any of my friends crashing this league or havent myself
Maby look for problems (and fixes) in your end.
"
Laskinaama wrote:

Launch went actually really well and the game is pretty stable. Just because you have problems does not mean that too many others has any. FACT is that even the most expencive AAA+++ games wont work perfectly for everyone. Even single player games have problems with crashing and suchs.
The absence of whiny post on forum and reddit tells the tale that the game is working well for the majority of ppl.
Unlike every other league so far i havent heard any of my friends crashing this league or havent myself

But those "AAA+++" still show far higher FPS on far worse PCs, and have 100 times less crashes. Even though you cant make a game that will run perfectly on 15-year old PC and look well, or remove 100% crashes/bugs, it doesnt mean you should just "give up" and release such laggy and crashing crap like GGG did.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
"
Laskinaama wrote:

Reporting problems is not whining.
And there are many reports about this game's piss poor performance so they are hardly absent.

Also how many ppl do post on reddit and the forums combined? Prob less then a thousand so to say things like a majority is just laughably stupid.

And pls for the love of god stop it with the idiotic i have no problem therefore problem does not exist bullshit.

It's ok to be white

“Once men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free. But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.”

“The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.”
"
Laskinaama wrote:
"
suszterpatt wrote:
Remember how pre-launch, Chris kept talking about how much they're ahead of schedule, and how much polish time they have left? And remember how launch day was still a shitshow, how the client now crashes so frequently for some people that it makes the game unplayable, and how there's still dozens of bugs?

All of which is acceptable from a small 100-man indie company. But now that GGG have got endless trunks of cash coming in from Tencent, they can afford to hire some external QA people. Lord knows they need them.

And don't give me that 1k hour expert crap, you don't need to be an expert to know when the game's crashed.

I appreciate that it takes some time to set these things up, but if by the end of the year there isn't a marked drop in bug counts and stability/performance issues, I can only chalk that up to a lack of effort/caring on GGG's part. They ought to have the resources.

Launch didn't go "really well" even by GGG's standards.

When was the last time they had to reset the league because the login queue was messed up?
"
suszterpatt wrote:

I was on the way to write a long answer, but nah not this time.
Give the man a break suszterpatt and enjoy the league !
Hf :)
AAA scams is what i expect..
just take a look at the new mistery box,
you can now combine multiple things,
meaning you'll have to spend at least twice as much as before...

at this point anyone spending $$$ on this shit is part of the problem!
IGN: Bluntexile
"
MortalKombat3 wrote:

...Even though you cant make a game that will run perfectly on 15-year old PC and look well, or remove 100% crashes/bugs, it doesnt mean you should just "give up" and release such laggy and crashing crap like GGG did.

Actually, whether they can or can't make the game run on a 15 year old PC should not be the question -- it's enormous waste of time; especially from an economical sense. The main question is whether they should, which you imply the answer is yes which I adamantly disagree with.

If someone can't afford to upgrade their 15(!) year old PC, do you think they're going to spend any money on this game? That should not be the target audience from a business perspective, or a general game development perspective. I'm not going to say the game runs perfectly, but I have 3 computers, two of which have no business running modern games yet all 3 I can play POE on. I'm not sure I can count my Commodore 64...should they make it work on that? Why does my 35 year old computer not work???? Please make it work on my C64, and send me 7,000 8 inch floppy disks every release.

My day to day PC is running a GTX770. It is a dated card; and my only reason for not upgrading is because it works perfectly fine -- the moment it doesn't I'll drop grand on a new one because game developers should push the envelope, not cater to the lowest common denominator.

(That being said, I do believe performance should be a higher priority for them than it is)
"
Nubatron wrote:
"
MortalKombat3 wrote:

...Even though you cant make a game that will run perfectly on 15-year old PC and look well, or remove 100% crashes/bugs, it doesnt mean you should just "give up" and release such laggy and crashing crap like GGG did.

Actually, whether they can or can't make the game run on a 15 year old PC should not be the question -- it's enormous waste of time; especially from an economical sense. The main question is whether they should, which you imply the answer is yes which I adamantly disagree with.

If someone can't afford to upgrade their 15(!) year old PC, do you think they're going to spend any money on this game? That should not be the target audience from a business perspective, or a general game development perspective. I'm not going to say the game runs perfectly, but I have 3 computers, two of which have no business running modern games yet all 3 I can play POE on. I'm not sure I can count my Commodore 64...should they make it work on that? Why does my 35 year old computer not work???? Please make it work on my C64, and send me 7,000 8 inch floppy disks every release.

My day to day PC is running a GTX770. It is a dated card; and my only reason for not upgrading is because it works perfectly fine -- the moment it doesn't I'll drop grand on a new one because game developers should push the envelope, not cater to the lowest common denominator.

(That being said, I do believe performance should be a higher priority for them than it is)

Dude, PoE lags even on modern PCs, that's what i meant. And its graphics is kinda simpl, and field of view is small. Why it consumes so much PC resources for that simple picture?
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
"
MortalKombat3 wrote:

Dude, PoE lags even on modern PCs, that's what i meant. And its graphics is kinda simpl, and field of view is small. Why it consumes so much PC resources for that simple picture?

Because the engine is old, there is only so much that can be done to improve it. Before you ask, there is no option for them to move on newer one. This would require remaking whole game from scratch. You guys have so unrealistic expectations that you will never be satisfied and thats the sad truth about this whole topic.
"
kuciol wrote:
"
MortalKombat3 wrote:

Because the engine is old, there is only so much that can be done to improve it. Before you ask, there is no option for them to move on newer one. This would require remaking whole game from scratch. You guys have so unrealistic expectations that you will never be satisfied and thats the sad truth about this whole topic.

If that's unrealistic, it's better to make PoE2, then. Or reduce fucking clearspeed in PoE, to match engine's slowness!!! If they really want to make a FAST GAME like they trying to do, it's time to change engine!

There is no knowledge
That is not power

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info