Client crashes, more client crashes and then some more client crashes

Game keeps crashing. Multiple crashes in Act 9: Descent and Vastiri Desert.

Yes drivers are all up-to-date. Yes ran packcheck - all in sync. Yes latency is fine, WinMtr shows normal expected performance - 8 hops, no packet loss, avg latency 20-23ms.

Game was super stable until yesterday.
Latest patch hasn't helped.

Edit 8-June: Another crash. Entrance to the Temple.

Edit 8-June: And another one. Shrine of Empowerment in the Temple. Ironic.

Edit 8-June: Another. In Quarry Act 9. That's 12 in the last 24hrs.

In better news, I have found a way not to crash -- if I just run around and not kill anything, I don't crash!! Yesssssssssssssssssss!!

Edit 8-June: Woah! You'll never guess what just happened! Oh, you just did. Yes, I crashed. How did you know????

Edit 9-June: No prizes for guessing this time. Control Blocks + Control Blocks/Haku mission. 2 in a row!

Edit 9-June: And another one. Still in Control Blocks.

Edit 9-June: Well, no crash in Merc lab at least. Perhaps these crashes are all Alva's fault.

Edit 9-June: Crash. Ravaged Square.

Edit 9-June: 2 more back-to-back. Feeding Trough + Feeding Trough/Catarine mission.

Edit 9-June: Crash Dungeon map.

Edit 10-June: Ran maps in Std, no crashes.

Edit 10-June: Crash in Incursion league. Boss fight Arid Lake.

Edit 10-June: Another crash. Fighting trash in Arid Lake.

Edit 10-June: Crash. Entrance, Atzoatl

Edit 10-June: Multiple crashes, lost the Temple.

Edit 10-June: Giving up on Incursion, going to Standard.

Edit 10-June: Spent a good part of today in Standard on a number of characters. No crashes. ( TS Deadeye, VD Scion, MS Jugg, MS Slayer, Cyclone Jugg, Arc Hiero : Zero crashes )

Edit 11-June: All day in Incursion, no crashes.

Edit 15-June: 4 days without crashes (in Incursion & Standard). Just crashed - in Standard.
Last edited by Sinaranu on Jun 14, 2018, 11:14:39 AM
Last bumped on Jun 19, 2018, 10:41:59 PM
i have the same problem... =(
4 out of 5 crashes on uberlab. Im just going to seal Unbearable Whisper 5 and sell it. And most probably wont make a new character , no more lab this league.

Edit.- If it helps, crashed 3 times in a row going for the 4th ascendancy , got the point w/o crashing on the 4th lab , got Unbearable Whisper 5 , crashed again going for the Prophecy.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2844110
Last edited by kikeuy on Jun 10, 2018, 11:37:13 AM
5/6 portals from my temple were occupied by crashes.. but I crashed 3 times on the breach room (tier 3).
Maybe that's somehow linked?

But then I crashed three or four times our of my rotas.. which is always big fun.

I love this league, but I can't play uninterupted for 15min.. that's sad :(

GGG do something please!!
Me and my friend on EU-Frankfurt have the same issues. It is incredibly frustrating doing uberlabs right now. 3 out 5 crashed.
Same goes for maps and incursions. Just random crashes every 15-30 minutes.
Besides I got some pretty bad framedrops down from 250 to basically 0.
"
tschuki121 wrote:
Me and my friend on EU-Frankfurt have the same issues. It is incredibly frustrating doing uberlabs right now. 3 out 5 crashed.

Im on Frankfurt and have crashed once since league start. Are you sure there is everything fine with your system/connection? How did your WinMTR test go?
IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
Last edited by Ludvator on Jun 14, 2018, 3:37:38 PM
which skills are you using? earthquake?

is it client crashes or instance crashes? if you can reenter the instance (portals still up (except lab)) its a client crash
6 crashes today on me. before today not a single in the last month, im very curious what changed.
Most of those crashes are Memory Access Violations.
Basically, POE happens to access a forbidden area in RAM.
GGG, if you're reading this, i believe it's about time you start looking for incorrect memory offsets in the source, you might find some pretty cheesy ones here and there...

EDIT : Apparently, they made it with 3.3.0c, at least for me =]
PLEASE QUOTE ME IF YOU ARE EXPECTING A REPLY
Last edited by xhul on Jun 16, 2018, 3:36:01 PM
"
Ludvator wrote:
"
tschuki121 wrote:

Im on Frankfurt and have crashed once since league start. Are you sure there is everything fine with your system/connection? How did your WinMTR test go?

I have no issues with other games like PUBG (and that's saying something :D) or WoW.

I tried removing the skill effects from my reave and herald yesterday. Since then I got no issues with frame drops or crashes. I hope it stays like that although it's not really a satisfying solution.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info