Combustion Support

Post your feedback for this support here.

Make sure you concisely state your character build, level, and other complimenting abilities you have when you talk about a support.
Please email support@grindinggear.com if you need any assistance!

Last bumped on Sep 23, 2020, 2:52:04 AM
so im curious about combustion support. it states "enemies ignited by supported skills have -19% to fire resistance". is this a permanent debuff or does it only last for the duration of the ignite?

im curious how it reacts. lets say for instance i use a fireball with combustion support and i ignite that monster. if i swap to flameblast and hit the same monster, and override the ignite with the more powerful one from flameblast, does that mob still have -19% fire resistance? is the ignite from flameblast effected by the minus resistance given by combustion linked to fireball?

for matters of balance i'd assume the minus to fire resistance lasts with the ignite. thus it falls off when the ignite ends, and also when the ignite is replaced with a more powerful one
"
xMustard wrote:
so im curious about combustion support. it states "enemies ignited by supported skills have -19% to fire resistance". is this a permanent debuff or does it only last for the duration of the ignite?

im curious how it reacts. lets say for instance i use a fireball with combustion support and i ignite that monster. if i swap to flameblast and hit the same monster, and override the ignite with the more powerful one from flameblast, does that mob still have -19% fire resistance? is the ignite from flameblast effected by the minus resistance given by combustion linked to fireball?

for matters of balance i'd assume the minus to fire resistance lasts with the ignite. thus it falls off when the ignite ends, and also when the ignite is replaced with a more powerful one

I'm curious too. Someone please answer!
As far as I can tell from my testing, the debuff only applies over the duration of the ignite. Once it ends, their resistance goes back up to normal.

As far as different SOURCES of ignite, while I've not gotten to test it yet, I do believe it would still let you stack a weaker ignite's debuff and a stronger ignite's damage. Do remember that in that situation, the enemy is still ignited from both sources! It's just that only the stronger ignite is applying damage.

e.g, if you had a weak 4-second ignite on an enemy, then applied a stronger 2-second ignite starting one second after the 4-second ignite, they'd go:

• They'd take low damage (from the first ignite) for the first second,
  • They'd take high damage (from the second ignite) for the second and third seconds,
  • They'd finally take low damage (first ignite) for the fourth second (after the second ignite wears off)
Rufalius, hybrid Aura/Arc/Mana Guardian | Hemorae, TS Raider | Wuru, Ele Hit Wand Trickster
+1 would also appreciate Dev confirmation.
"
xMustard wrote:

Any update on this?
"Fixing the endgame was hard - No matter how hard we buffed red maps, people would keep spamming Gorges.
So we turned Gorge into a red map"
According to the wiki it should work, since the ignite ailments stack, only the damage doesn't stack.
Please. No more labyrinth.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info