Horrible lag and low fps since patch

I posted my specs in another thread and it's miles above what you need to run this game, never had issues with PoE, been playing with the exact same computer and internet connection for months without issues. Ever since 3.3 launched though I can't play for more than 20 min before getting 400-900 ping and my fps dips to 10-15 as soon as I go inside incursions. Used to running 30ms ping and 60 fps (locked).

Ran the mtr per the sticky

https://pastebin.com/EH7XZT9W

There's one that was hovering between 16-21% packet loss. No idea what it means though or what to do with this.
Last bumped on Jun 11, 2018, 12:14:23 PM
Having the same issue as you. Can someone confirm this problem? I get kicked constantly and it lags pretty hard. My latency is 1300, I can't even move and get kicked the whole time. I tested my internet, youtube, twitch but that seems to work pretty fine.

Tried different servers like Amsterdam, London, Frankfurt and so on, but doesn't change anything.

Anyone else having issues?

I don't wanna blame poe servers or the new patch to quickly for that problem before I am not sure that other people having this issue too.
Last edited by Afura on Jun 6, 2018, 1:00:21 PM
Bump.

Still don't know what I'm supposed to do with this winmtr result. I've been playing for years on the same computer and internet connection without problems, but since Incursion I am at 300-600 ping constantly and it's unplayable.
That WinMTR looks okay.

Could you please run the same test to 66.242.13.194 and post the results here?
https://pastebin.com/9kYmvrGC

No packet loss on this one.
Neither of those show any true packet loss, and look good for the most part. The second one shows some ping spikes to your local router (not massive). Are you using wired ethernet, or wifi?
I've having a similar problem as OP. After anywhere from 10 to 30 minutes in to a session, my FPS dips below 10 and my latency spikes, usually when after loading in to a new Zone or triggering a Breach or Incursion. Same story as well, everything else on my internet end works out, I'm wired to my modem, my computer specs are more than enough, etc.

"
Fitzy_GGG wrote:
Neither of those show any true packet loss, and look good for the most part. The second one shows some ping spikes to your local router (not massive). Are you using wired ethernet, or wifi?

Wired. It's a desktop without a wifi card so it's not the wifi taking over the LAN like it happens on laptops sometimes.
"
TheorysMind wrote:
I've having a similar problem as OP.

New thread please.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/new-thread/248

"
Namcap wrote:
Wired. It's a desktop without a wifi card so it's not the wifi taking over the LAN like it happens on laptops sometimes.

Is it possible there was a download happening while the tests were run?

(Possibly on another computer connecting to the same modem.)
“Please understand that imposing strong negative views regarding our team on to other players when you are representing our most helpful forum posters is not appropriate.” — GGG 2022

----

I'm not 'Sarno' on Discord. I don't know who that is.
"
Sarno wrote:

"
Namcap wrote:

Is it possible there was a download happening while the tests were run?

(Possibly on another computer connecting to the same modem.)

Only my computer in the house, unless someone cracked my wifi code I guess.

This has been happening consistently ever since 3.3 launched. I can't play for more than 15 min before the lag kicks in and I jump to 300 ping when idle.

Friday night I deleted PoE and reinstalled everything. Updated drivers etc. Sunday I played, same issue. I checked the task manager and nothing else seems to be running in the background.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info