How does the effectiveness of added damage work with new Ele Hit?

"
Namcap wrote:
"
Abdiel_Kavash wrote:
"
adghar wrote:
Path of Exploits: Elemental Hit will be the new go-to skill for Poison builds???

I find that unlikely, considering there is no possible situation in which it can deal any Chaos damage at all.

Volkuurs gloves are already being used to poison enemies with elemental damage and it can get pretty crazy when combined with certain spells and the Assassins bonuses to poison.

The Poison still deals Chaos damage though, and there is currently no way to change that.

Try poisoning something with Avatar of Fire right now, it's not going to work.
Last edited by Abdiel_Kavash on May 25, 2018, 12:07:14 PM
"
Abdiel_Kavash wrote:
"
Namcap wrote:
"
Abdiel_Kavash wrote:

I find that unlikely, considering there is no possible situation in which it can deal any Chaos damage at all.

Volkuurs gloves are already being used to poison enemies with elemental damage and it can get pretty crazy when combined with certain spells and the Assassins bonuses to poison.

The Poison still deals Chaos damage though, and there is currently no way to change that.

Try poisoning something with Avatar of Fire right now, it's not going to work.

I was merely stating that you don't need chaos damage TO poison. Not that this wouldn't work with Ele hit specifically. But I guess it's not a very useful comment in this case.
"
Namcap wrote:
I was merely stating that you don't need chaos damage TO poison. Not that this wouldn't work with Ele hit specifically. But I guess it's not a very useful comment in this case.

You're misunderstanding. Poison can only deal Chaos damage. You can't deal Chaos damage with Elemental Hit. Poison that would deal no damage is never applied. Therefore Elemental Hit can never poison anything. Volkuur's Guidance can not change this.
Last edited by Abdiel_Kavash on May 25, 2018, 12:41:10 PM
Yes I know. Your first comment says it cannot do chaos damage so can't poison. My point was that you can poison with HITS that are not chaos. That is why I said my comment wasn't useful/explained properly since you're right that the poison itself is chaos damage so it doesn't work in this case.
I wonder how good the interaction of these 2 will be.

The true question is about the weapon damage. Will we get 100% of weapon damage (if it use the proper element), or 188%?
Last edited by Keyen on May 25, 2018, 1:24:40 PM
far as i can tell, weapon damage will have no effect with this gem at all. almost like explosive arrow. now this possibly could still cut out quill rain, if the gems "adds damage" is added to weapon damage, but then only does the added damage since it can't do anything else. so quill rains less weapon damage may still take effect.

but this would mean a few things.
#1 if it doesn't use weapon damage at all then the stats don't matter other than attack speed and crit chance (not exactly needed because of high base ailment chance anyway). things like brightbeak would be crazy for this, or high atk spd vagan weapons.
#2 if it does use weapon damage and ele hit dmg is ADDED to it, then the weapon damage has to be the same as the elemental proc used by elemental hit. this would mean you'd definitely want to drop ele hit proc to one or maybe two elements (for EE purposes) and scale one element as heavy as you can.
EG nuro's harp being full cold damage. you'd want to proc the cold dmg on elemental hit either every time or every other time (again for EE) so that you get the big base dmg of cold from both nuro's and ele hit.

kind of depends how it works. not really sure in the way its worded

"
Keyen wrote:
The true question is about the weapon damage. Will we get 100% of weapon damage (if it use the proper element), or 188%?

this is also a good question, but again the way its worded it almost seems like if it uses weapon damage, its 100%, but the damage effectiveness of 188% would apply to the added damage by elemental hit itself.
Last edited by xMustard on May 25, 2018, 1:29:51 PM
"
Keyen wrote:

I think you will only get the weapon damage when the elements align.
So pray that the RNG Gods are with you if you do use this.
"
gjennks1 wrote:
"
Keyen wrote:

It would turn BLS into a bajillion dps weapons. Or more reasonably it would turn Hyaon's Fury into a ~800dps weapon.
"
Namcap wrote:
"
gjennks1 wrote:
"
Keyen wrote:

It would turn BLS into a bajillion dps weapons. Or more reasonably it would turn Hyaon's Fury into a ~800dps weapon.

Using the New ele hit jewels + BLS or Hyaon's would making this a reality.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info