Oh you hypocrite ranters

I started poe since open beta. Skipped few early leagues and only buy $30-60 pack. So I'm among the majority whom contributed large portion of supporter pack purchase. Usually silence on forum, but this Tecent takeover rant is somehow annoy enough to drive me to post. So here are my 2 cents.

Does the anger come from dishonored behavior by GGG or a sense of ignorance and arrogance attitude from some of you players (that did not claim to be the sole reason GGG succeeded by act like so anyway)?

Spoiler
Your ignorance - how much of a support do you consider yourself to be towards GGG? Chris mentioned about leagues been more expensive to make n him been the mainly person in the company to think like a business man. I'm surprised really to see GGG survived so well for many year with supporter packs mainly. Are your supports enough to assure a solid future for further development? It's not unreasonable to seek other means of backup to keep pumping out stuff like they promised in short intervals. How else do you suggest them to obtain such backup? I'm not within the company I won't comment and neither should you.

Your arrogance - This sense of betrayal when your supporting company sold 'YOU' out to other company might seen reasonable at first. I admire those that support seems purely because they like GGG, but you alone won't float GGG's boat, and please don't so hypocritically deny or ignore the fact those shinny looking and discounted deals always plays a part on purchases. People don't like GGG advertise their sales, you expect them to keep satisfy you and spit at them if they tried means to feed them-self? No body like greedy developers/business man, but what about greedy players?

The evil Tencent - I used QQ (it's like windows to Microsoft) decade ago and still using. I don't like the company, one of their top revenue generating game is a moble MOBA has a lot of underage players and ran with greedy philosophy. I honestly don't think they'l do this to GGG and POE. Because they don't need to. They are a capital whale now, I think it's fame and influence they seek on internal market. Their acquisition is probably more just to assure they stay influential in hack/slash game genre. They have a really big Chinese market to practice their 'evil' philosophy on POE. Those that link Tencent to country racism are just simply naive, please grow up.

I kept seeking alternative of POE because after many years it's harder to feel as refreshing. But there are no alternative, just no. Diablo 3 is a huge fail to me, I hate shallowness. Grim dawn is no where in the pace of GGG on balancing and introducing new stuff. A lot of other indie games is just too short and small. You can decide not buy any more supporter packs, just don't exalt yourself by claiming you love the game and devs so much.
Last bumped on May 25, 2018, 1:05:21 PM
A knight in shining armor

OMEGALUL
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
A knight in shining armor

OMEGALUL

I get this gramma hiccups when writing, can't seem to get rid of it. But you get what I mean. Mock and gun me all you want.

You mean Knight helping GGG?

Far from it, I don't buy as much packs. I constantly seek other games, not as loyal. Although thin but always a possibility GGG did sell out and forsake players, so I'm not picking their side firmly. I don't believe you ranters will destroy the game with things you claim to do. Simply post cos what the title said.

"
jiegame wrote:
I started poe since open beta. Skipped few early leagues and only buy $30-60 pack. So I'm among the majority whom contributed large portion of supporter pack purchase. Usually silence on forum, but this Tecent takeover rant is somehow annoy enough to drive me to post. So here are my 2 cents.

Does the anger come from dishonored behavior by GGG or a sense of ignorance and arrogance attitude from some of you players (that did not claim to be the sole reason GGG succeeded by act like so anyway)?

Spoiler
Your ignorance - how much of a support do you consider yourself to be towards GGG? Chris mentioned about leagues been more expensive to make n him been the mainly person in the company to think like a business man. I'm surprised really to see GGG survived so well for many year with supporter packs mainly. Are your supports enough to assure a solid future for further development? It's not unreasonable to seek other means of backup to keep pumping out stuff like they promised in short intervals. How else do you suggest them to obtain such backup? I'm not within the company I won't comment and neither should you.

Your arrogance - This sense of betrayal when your supporting company sold 'YOU' out to other company might seen reasonable at first. I admire those that support seems purely because they like GGG, but you alone won't float GGG's boat, and please don't so hypocritically deny or ignore the fact those shinny looking and discounted deals always plays a part on purchases. People don't like GGG advertise their sales, you expect them to keep satisfy you and spit at them if they tried means to feed them-self? No body like greedy developers/business man, but what about greedy players?

The evil Tencent - I used QQ (it's like windows to Microsoft) decade ago and still using. I don't like the company, one of their top revenue generating game is a moble MOBA has a lot of underage players and ran with greedy philosophy. I honestly don't think they'l do this to GGG and POE. Because they don't need to. They are a capital whale now, I think it's fame and influence they seek on internal market. Their acquisition is probably more just to assure they stay influential in hack/slash game genre. They have a really big Chinese market to practice their 'evil' philosophy on POE. Those that link Tencent to country racism are just simply naive, please grow up.

I kept seeking alternative of POE because after many years it's harder to feel as refreshing. But there are no alternative, just no. Diablo 3 is a huge fail to me, I hate shallowness. Grim dawn is no where in the pace of GGG on balancing and introducing new stuff. A lot of other indie games is just too short and small. You can decide not buy any more supporter packs, just don't exalt yourself by claiming you love the game and devs so much.

#ChinaNumbaWan
Look on my works ye mighty, and despair.

Harvest league oh you are beautiful.
It is mildly amusing how the glut of posts is at first entertaining, then amusing, then mildly irritating, and then flat out ridiculous.

I often wonder after reading through several threads with >100 total pages of debate, why someone comes in later and posts the same things and think they are a true, individual voice of reason in the storm.

Is it feigned ignorance, a simple lack of the use of the Search function, a personal requirement to be the CREATOR of something, even though it is a clone of a thing already beaten into the ground?

I've been here a fair bit and I think I have created 3 threads. Yeah, I made this about me, Go Me. I guess I am guilty of attention-seeking too.
Last edited by Slaanesh69 on May 25, 2018, 10:51:46 AM
"
Slaanesh69 wrote:

I often wonder after reading through several threads with >100 total pages of debate, why someone comes in later and posts the same things and think they are a true, individual voice of reason in the storm.

because they didn't read the discussions so far and i can't blame them.

ggg got so much load off their webserver by advancing their api and this forum still feels like one of the last millenium.

it's hilarious that the ones responsible ran off to forums with more than hundreds of posts per page and left this mess for those who or some nostalgic reasons still linger here.

the only advantage of this forum is that ggg obviously doeesn't read here if they don't have to.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info