I have a confession to make...

Alright, so like 2 leagues ago I was very blatantly trolling on global chat, calling random people out and all that. I was obnoxious, but unsuccessful, of course... I had just rip-ed my level 95+ to desync, they screwed up my food order and I had been suffering from a myriad of other 2nd world country issues. Basically i wasn't having the best of days.

Anyway... at the sight of my obvious failure, I got even more desperate & angry & started talking a lot more trash to compensate - so I called out some people about gender equality and suddenly we got into this really active, massive argument that spanned for over 2 hours involving the usual calling of names to each other and talking nice things about our not-so-distant relatives.

So, eventually I get texted by an ingame GM that I had now been muted for like a week for being a total schnitzelstick in the bunbuns for everyone and ruining the fun environment global 1 so gloriously strives for.

Now usually I'd take the punishment, right? It's 7 days, it's not forever, basically it's not that big of a deal. Just rub one out for manhood everytime you get the sudden urge to call someone a big fat sack of cheesecake on global chat. How hard can it be, right? no pun intended.

Well, I didn't have the luxury of being patient this time, my hombres. I was just getting into talking with this cute girl that had just started the game. I wouldn't wanna miss out on one of my few chances of hopeless internet flirting in my favorite pixel-game, so I had to take matters into my own hands.

no pun intended.. again.

Anyway, I quickly made up this really cheesy, ridiculous, but perfectly romantic sob story about how my longtime girlfriend was just getting into the game and how she'd get lost without my occasional ingame PM texts of guidance in the ruthless, unforgiving world of Wraeclast and proceeded to tell the GM about it.

Safe to say, nothing was working for me, the story of my dysfunctional relationship was failing... and this GM was stone cold & very loyal to their cause, but they were also female judging from their username. So me, being obnoxiously cheesy in the face of embarrassment & danger, told her I'd write a poem about it on the forums if I got my mute reduced and that they should regularly check general chat for it, since I was a very gifted artist with several years of drinking cheap wine & homelesnses experience.

Women love poetry! especially if it's bad poetry.

To my surprise, my not-so-ingenious plan had worked. I walked away with a smile on my face and a hefty amount of 2 hours mute time and lowkey proceeded to go on with my global 1 shenanigans.

Of course I never posted that poem, mostly because my rhyming skills are the equivalent of getting a free toy with your Happy Meal (It's really not that impressive... like, at all).
And I feel like if I did it'd only increase my mute time to permanent, like, for good.
Anyway..
That, my friends, is how I fooled the system.

Had to get this off my shoulders, man!

Last edited by Acaste7 on May 24, 2018, 7:26:52 PM
Last bumped on May 27, 2018, 1:22:24 AM
I've learned over leagues that getting muted is nothing but beneficial for you. You get better at playing the game and ignoring the cancer in global chats.

No big deal even if it's permanent. Also trolling from time to time for fun is quite normal. If you are doing it smartly and not blatantly you have my respects.
"In this game you're just a cow being milked, not a human being entertained" - Kiss_Me_Quick
Last edited by IIPheXII on May 24, 2018, 7:00:42 PM
Do women even play POE? Haven't seen a single girl streamer.
"
IMSilver wrote:

Obviously not, everyone knows there are no girls on the internet.
"
IMSilver wrote:

They are out there, my brother.

Like angels, sitting on top the highest of rooftops!

lol
"
suszterpatt wrote:
"
IMSilver wrote:

Obviously not, everyone knows there are no girls on the internet.

Obviously neither of you know that I_NO ia a female PoE player.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
*cough*. Hi.
"
IMSilver wrote:

Dclara1 for one.
PressStarttopaws for two.
KittenCatNoodle for three.

Edit - and ofc I_NO
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
Last edited by DoubleU on May 24, 2018, 10:02:24 PM
Cool story bro.
Say five hell marys, 3 our fathers and donate 5 ex to me directly and you will be forgiven my son.
When righteousness falters
And chaos threatens to prevail
I take on a physical body
And manifest myself on earth.
Last edited by Thermoluminescence on May 24, 2018, 11:19:27 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info