Tencent deal.. silence since Q&A

"
鬼殺し wrote:
"
Phrazz wrote:
"

One idiot on reddit actually had the stones to suggest that GGG conduct a straw poll on both reddit and the forums before making their decision. I don't want to know how you can get this delusional, but there's that.

Hahaha! That is quite funny, in fact.

Chris: "I have ask a bunch of strangers, gamers and no-lifers for permission before I do the most important decision of my life. Maybe I have to do a Sexcalibur straw poll?"

To be fair, you can't blame people entirely for reaching such a ludicrous state -- GGG did start from a platform of unusual transparency and a tighter relationship between players and devs than a lot of companies at the time. But the bigger they got, the less realistic that was. Some of us got the hint that GGG wasn't really our friendly neighbourhood indie dev anymore...some of us didn't.

Now we have proof. Give people time to process that one.

Here's the thing though - While I respect your decisions for what they are Charan, having a tight relationship with their players and supporters regardless of how things are shouldn't include the decisions they make to further the growth of GGG as an entity. If you start using straw polls to decide what to do and when to do it on a regular basis, you're basically just throwing darts at pieces of paper and hoping the important things get hit. While the community is integral to the support of the company at large, the line gets drawn when it comes to business matters unless it affects the community as a whole, such as PoE turning p2w, at which point I too would bugger off into the sunset to never return.
1337 21gn17ur3
They don't have time for that bullshit, gotta sport that Ferrari.

POE will be diablo 3 2.0 at this rate. It's done for.
"
鬼殺し wrote:
I said the strawpoll thing was ludicrous. And left it at that. Come on. Give me a little credit.

I can give you a lot of credit - when it's deserved. Here? Not so much. Your sentences "you can't blame people" and "now we have proof" are just... Misplaced?

What exactly do we have proof of?

If players think they should have a say in real life business decisions of game developers and their companies, you can and should blame them. And the fact that GGG didn't ask the players' permissions to sell their own company isn't proof of anything. At all.

I might have misunderstood you completely here. I really hope I did :)
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
"
IMSilver wrote:
meaningless screeching

I'm sorry, we dont believe in doomsday scenarios until even some ghost of a proof leading there appears. Until then, save it for the people who actually think your endless ranting is amusing
1337 21gn17ur3
"
鬼殺し wrote:
"
bossgx700 wrote:

I'd like to know if they were aware of the Tencent involvement in the social credit system before they agreed to the deal. Being realistic I don't think we'll ever know.

If fucking plebs like us can find out with the power of the google, you really think GGG were ignorant to it?

Reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaally?

I know the reality is they must have been aware and still continued, blinded by the $$$. I'm an old fool though and like to think people still have morals.
"
IMSilver wrote:
Chris is no more. He's been replaced by Chri$ who browses reddit all day.

Relevant part. How to fix poe? IP ban every staff member from accessing poe subreddit
Why bother finding a Mirror of Kalandra if it can be [Removed by Support]
Killing the Elder or Shaper while following someone's build is like finding a street using google maps - such an achievement!
"
"
IMSilver wrote:
Chris is no more. He's been replaced by Chri$ who browses reddit all day.

Relevant part. How to fix poe? IP ban every staff member from accessing poe subreddit

+1
1337 21gn17ur3
"
鬼殺し wrote:
"
Phrazz wrote:
Hahaha! That is quite funny, in fact.

Chris: "I have ask a bunch of strangers, gamers and no-lifers for permission before I do the most important decision of my life. Maybe I have to do a Sexcalibur straw poll?"

To be fair, you can't blame people entirely for reaching such a ludicrous state -- GGG did start from a platform of unusual transparency and a tighter relationship between players and devs than a lot of companies at the time. But the bigger they got, the less realistic that was. Some of us got the hint that GGG wasn't really our friendly neighbourhood indie dev anymore...some of us didn't.

Now we have proof. Give people time to process that one.

Was there ever a time when the community was involved in business decisions?
Dunno what people are expecting. They already said their part in this.

Sure, they could just keep saying the same things over and over again, but it simply be, like this thread, spam.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info