Tencent deal.. silence since Q&A

"
IMSilver wrote:
"
Nephalim wrote:
GGG does not care about the whinny reddit community and they should not now that their (probably) less relaint on donations just survive.

So you ADMIT that they're now going to CARE LESS about the community and playerbase now that Chri$ has SOLD OUT and acquired NEW MASTERS...!

This is just conjecture, no one knows what's happening behind the scenes.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
"
Nephalim wrote:

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/IMSilver/characters

You're taking a teenage weeabo Trump fan seriously : >
Uploaded an awesome Exsanguinate Freeze Explosion build on the forums - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3508506
"
Kiss_Me_Quick wrote:
"
Nephalim wrote:

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/IMSilver/characters

You're taking a teenage weeabo Trump fan seriously : >

You're just JEALOUS that you don't have a LOLI WAIFU like some people...! Get on OUR LEVEL!
"
Namcap wrote:
"
What else could they say?

Their announcement said there was nothing to worry about. Should they just repeat it like a mantra?

This.

@OP what do you expect/want more from them?

Though I do not really fear the announcement, I too have asked quite a few questions in that announcement thread. Relevant questions.

Also, many players saying they will stop support has me kinda worried. This seems many players still have concerns, addressing them with a faq wouldn't be a bad thing. Even if some or even most of those concerns are found unfounded by GGG. If it keeps more players supporting GGG, than it can never be a bad thing.

Noone is expecting GGG to post a copy of their contract with Tencent, atleast I really hope noone is that delusional. hehe
"
zandr wrote:
Most discussed news on front page, 90% negative comments by fan base, total silence from GGG.

Whats going on? they always in my eyes been so close to community. But when $$$ came nothing....

Reasonable people don't need more details than what has already been posted.

Unreasonable people would just filter whatever new things they post through their own preconceptions.

GGG have nothing to gain by posting more.
GGG has already replied to the shit storm:

New div cards
Incursion league details
New uniques
etc.

Not only has this been the best response, it is the only response worth making: upcoming improvements!
"Gratitude is wine for the soul. Go on. Get drunk." Rumi
US Mountain Time Zone
"
鬼殺し wrote:
"
ChanBalam wrote:
GGG has already replied to the shit storm:

New div cards
Incursion league details
New uniques
etc.

Not only has this been the best response, it is the only response worth making: upcoming improvements!

They were doing that beforehand though. That doesn't make this a response but a lack of response.

BUT when you make a statement, you don't always have to give a response. Especially from a business-to-client perspective.

Business: "We're now owned by XXX/XXX has invested in us."
Clientele: "WHY!?"

Implicit from the lack of response: 'we don't have to tell you that as long as we continue to do what you expect us to do. Please stop freaking out and let us get on with the job.'

And that's fine. There is a large space between 'freaking the fuck out' and 'not talking about it at all because this is great news!', and that's where I plan to exist, because I think this is one of the most important conversations in PoE's history. See you guys there. Or not. :)

By hyping incursion with frequent staff posts about new content that appears positive, they are saying judge us by the next league. The community will give them a pretty firm response over the next few weeks as Incursion unfolds. Player counts, time played, game progress, supporter packs bought, etc.

Yes, the community does want and expects a discussion about the Tencent deal and Chris is not under any obligation to provide it. I think it will come during Incursion, but it could take one or more forms: on reddit, forum pronouncements, interviews, through spokespeople (streamers?). The most acceptable would be Chris chatting on these forums. That is probably the hardest and least likely. It is kinda like saying "I still love you, but your mother and I are getting a divorce..."

I'm going to give him time. If Incursion is good, I will have something to do while I wait. ;)
"Gratitude is wine for the soul. Go on. Get drunk." Rumi
US Mountain Time Zone
"
鬼殺し wrote:
Some of us got the hint that GGG wasn't really our friendly neighbourhood indie dev anymore...some of us didn't.

Now we have proof. Give people time to process that one.

Come on. Even a kangaroo can see the difference between

a) the community being part of the development.
b) the community being part of direct business decisions.

You make it sound like they're not our "friendly neighbourhood indie dev" anymore because we (supporters) didn't get a say in the decision of selling the company. "Ludacris" would be too nice. It would be suicide for them if they were to ask us about marketing, shares, stock, employees and so on.

If someone wants a say in these things, they buy shares - no matter how "friendly" the dev is.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
"
Boem wrote:
i payed chriss a dolar and a pizza to keep silent.

Peace,

-Boem-

Depending on how fast you can eat and the diamater of the Pizza, the silence would hold 30 minutes max.
Masterpiece of 3.16 lore
"A mysterious figure appears out of nowhere, trying to escape from something you can't see. She hands you a rusty-looking device called the Blood Crucible and urges you to implant it into your body."

Only usable with Ethanol Flasks
Like others have said, they're not going to be posting anything regarding the deal for a while, if ever.

I'd like to know if they were aware of the Tencent involvement in the social credit system before they agreed to the deal. Being realistic I don't think we'll ever know.

I've worked for companies that have been acquired before and know how it works. Bullshit PR initially but over time everything changes.

I'll still be playing when the new league starts as I love the game. But like a lot of others some of the love has gone out of it for me and it feels a bit empty. I won't be buying any MTX as I'd unfortunately purchased a supporter pack the day before the announcement and a refund isn't possible according to support. Just giving an honest reaction. No whine or tinfoil nonsense.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info