Tencent deal.. silence since Q&A

Maybe because they already gave the post with any info that was relevant.

I'm not actively playing currently, not due to protest or disgruntlement of any sort, but because its summer break so I am using less of my time in front of a screen (and I got Deadfire so the time I do spend is going that way).

Once the new stuff hits I'll be on again. My advice for if Tencent is bad or good is this: judge it off of the content of the shit that's released, if you like it keep playing / supporting it, if not you can you know, not.

Pro tip, if the answer is not, it still doesn't require 20 posts telling everyone else why you are a douche-canoe. You can "not" on the forums also.
"
What else could they say?

Their announcement said there was nothing to worry about. Should they just repeat it like a mantra?

This.

@OP what do you expect/want more from them?
what do people expect to get as an statement? most of the reddit peeps who cry about that Tencent shit are these who don't even know what majority shareholder means ... they thin Person A buys 60$ pack tencent gets 48$ straight into their pocket .. which isn't even remotely true.. and we already had that little FAQ which told us everything we as consumers have to know about :> GGG keeps going the way they are going right now just with more financials more new upcoming staff in the end this should just give us more and hopefully better and polished content than before

ggg understands that this shitstorm is meaningless. the worst they can do is appease the mob and try to explain themselves. just wait and in two weeks noone will care and people will happily play the glorified slot machine that is poe for years to come.

almost noone cares. sure, very few feel betrayed because they have some twisted view on reality where they believe themselves morally superior because they would never seek to expand their company by getting an investor onboard to buy a majority share. most posters probably just enjoy the shit show by trolling.

just grow up. ggg is not your small indie studio anymore. they do big boi stuff now and that requires big boi money.

edit: reddit is a shithole anyway. i'm sorry, but imo ggg would be better off not posting there anymore and let them circle jerk all they want.
Last edited by dachoppa on May 24, 2018, 2:30:32 PM
Y'all are children. They gave the relevant info, case closed.

THAT being said, I would love to know wtf happens to user data I mean will tencent have access to my billing address, CC info real name etc?
Second-class poe gamer
Last edited by pr13st on May 24, 2018, 2:30:05 PM
"
pr13st wrote:
Y'all are children. They gave the relevant info, case closed.

THAT being said, I would love to know wtf happens to user data I mean will tencent have access to my billing address, CC info real name etc?

nope all they have is username and encrypted password.. all your payments are via xsolla or the old payment system they had they got your informations and aslong as Tencents doesn't own them and have super IT guys who do nothing but try to encrypt the informations you are quite safe :D

"
Icoblablubb wrote:
they thin Person A buys 60$ pack tencent gets 48$ straight into their pocket .. which isn't even remotely true..

While it's indeed more complex than that, it's far more true than you think it is.
"
Keyen wrote:
"
Icoblablubb wrote:
they thin Person A buys 60$ pack tencent gets 48$ straight into their pocket .. which isn't even remotely true..

While it's indeed more complex than that, it's far more true than you think it is.

Humor me and tell me where that last bit comes from, tia
1337 21gn17ur3
"
zandr wrote:
total silence from GGG

Of course they are silent. Look at the fucking shitstorm that is going on here and on reddit. Everything GGG say, get twisted, turned and shit on. They're just letting the storm run its course, and maybe we'll get a word or two after.

They said enough in the Q&A. If players don't want to believe them, sating it another time wont help.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
"
Phrazz wrote:
"
zandr wrote:
total silence from GGG

Of course they are silent. Look at the fucking shitstorm that is going on here and on reddit. Everything GGG say, get twisted, turned and shit on. They're just letting the storm run its course, and maybe we'll get a word or two after.

They said enough in the Q&A. If players don't want to believe them, sating it another time wont help.

One idiot on reddit actually had the stones to suggest that GGG conduct a straw poll on both reddit and the forums before making their decision. I don't want to know how you can get this delusional, but there's that.
1337 21gn17ur3

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info