Honestly HeadHunter Should Be Nerfed/Removed From The Game

*Im Re-Writing This*

Okay so in the past GGG has announced nerfs for Mjolner, Cast on Crit, Worm Blaster, Sextant Blocking,V Vinktars, Vaal Pact, ETC.

They did all of this because they said it was stressing the game servers etc.

They did it because they considered the builds and items to be broken.

However the one item that has been untouched, unnerfed for so long is HEADHUNTER

This item is just too much

It really has gone unchecked for far too long and has no place in modern POE.

It is so broken and so overpowered, that every single player would gladly attempt to get one if possible.

There isnt a single other unique that is so widely chased, because nothing is as broken and busted as HEADHUNTER.

Heres a video of Ziz and his group being carried to lvl 100 by Havoc.

Infact Havoc hit 2 level 100's in this flashback.

Character page link - https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Havoc6/characters

Character name - Havoc_SecondLap

Proof that he was using headhunter not the inspired learning jewels.

https://streamerclips.com/twitch/zizaran/DeterminedTardyOstrichBrokeBack

Heres another clip back from 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=auCw1MiTV_Y

This is cancer honestly and its just something that really shouldnt be a part of POE.

It should stay in standard for people to fool around and enjoy it there, but new and upcoming temp leagues really dont need an item like this to remain.

It is so unbelievably broken it really needs to be re-evaluated.
Last edited by Bloomania on May 24, 2018, 6:32:45 PM
Last bumped on May 25, 2018, 3:03:10 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
i agree.. THe clear speed meta is cancer. And headhunter helps with that.
Thank god they won't listen to you two it would be a disaster.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
Thank god they won't listen to you two it would be a disaster.

Cause they have never nerfed anything before right

Especially the game breaking items

Last edited by Bloomania on May 24, 2018, 2:59:46 AM
No matter what you do, or what you nerf, there will ALWAYS be a singular strategy that is best for the push to 100. Streamers will find THE most optimal unique/setup and obliterate maps. There is nothing wrong with HH. Like, its literally one of the INCREDIBLY FEW chase uniques left in the game. To a lot of people, not involved in the race to 100, its a lofty goal to aim for. Nerfing it accomplishes exactly zero. There will just be a new way to obliterate maps in 30 secs and push to 100.

Do you push to 100? If not, how does it affect you that streamers are playing in a way you consider cancer? I really don't understand this mentality of 'people are doing things one way that I don't find fun (but they quite possibly do) so lets nerf it'

~Myth
"
Mythkiller wrote:
No matter what you do, or what you nerf, there will ALWAYS be a singular strategy that is best for the push to 100. Streamers will find THE most optimal unique/setup and obliterate maps. There is nothing wrong with HH. Like, its literally one of the INCREDIBLY FEW chase uniques left in the game. To a lot of people, not involved in the race to 100, its a lofty goal to aim for. Nerfing it accomplishes exactly zero. There will just be a new way to obliterate maps in 30 secs and push to 100.

Do you push to 100? If not, how does it affect you that streamers are playing in a way you consider cancer? I really don't understand this mentality of 'people are doing things one way that I don't find fun (but they quite possibly do) so lets nerf it'

~Myth

It doesnt matter if there is a strategy to push

The item is busted and trying to say its balanced just makes you look like you are trolling

The only comparable item is the inspired learning which gives you just 1 mod instead of all rare mods.

They nerfed vinktars, they have nerfed mjolner and alot of other op items.

None of those even come close to the behemoth that is headhunter.
How does it affect you, exactly? HH is a beautiful item, a true chase unique and a fucking blast to play with. Hands off, you!
I AM MAD
ZAP!ZAP!ZAP! ME SOOO WIZZARD!
Here's the thing.

The players and the videos you view are on characters that are already stupidly fast at clearing maps.

The average pleb(like myself) spent the better part of a league getting one, it did not magically make my builds clear areas in seconds....it's a nice boost but only game breaking when you build for it at which point those that do, run the risk of client crashes, instance crashes and death.
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
Last edited by lagwin1980 on May 24, 2018, 3:27:05 AM
people care about this item more than they care for story/quests/general game content

that alone should be an alarm bell.

HH is so strong that not only it creates and unreasonable benchmark for power-hungry kids it also fuels activities dangerous for the game (starting from rmt ending at shaping how people play the game - aka burial chambers + IIQ and nothing else)

not to mention that 'balancing' content around HH is pointless so characters who have one can literally play whatever blindfolded and there is no danger

it is a total mess
"
sidtherat wrote:
people care about this item more than they care for story/quests/general game content

that alone should be an alarm bell.

What? Why? I don't give a damn about the story or the quests. I play ARPGs for loot. You enjoy the story? Fantastic. But to a ton of people, items like HH are a BIG part of the fun.

"
sidtherat wrote:
shaping how people play the game - aka burial chambers + IIQ and nothing else

I absolutely, 100% assure you, the whole shaped map, Burial Chambers IIQ thing would have happened whether or not HH existed.

"
sidtherat wrote:
there is no danger

'There is no danger'? Just go look at the number of times shroud walker gets streamers killed.

"
sidtherat wrote:
not to mention that 'balancing' content around HH is pointless

There is no point balancing around a unique 99.9% of the playerbase will never have.

"
sidtherat wrote:
starting from rmt

Cmon. HH is not the reason RMT exists lol.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info