Ok i decided to compare the absolute value of XP between lvl 81 elder guardian and a pack of mobs.

The guardian gave about 23.000 xp while the single pack with a yellow mob gave about 32.000.

What
in
the
actual
fuck?!

I know this game is already too easy to 100 for (a very very small ammount of people relative to the total player base), but, holy damm. Is that a joke? That monster pack (about 9 monsters) represent about 1% of the danger AND time i took to kill that guardian (and boy it IS fast, i have over 3 million dps on guardians, check my deadeye).
Buff life on the right side of the tree! Just a little! Pretty Please!
Last edited by The_Risen on May 23, 2018, 11:20:16 PM
Last bumped on May 25, 2018, 9:42:53 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Bosses should definitely give more exp compared to trash mobs I think.
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
But there's the lootz to make up for ... oh wait

Agreed.
"Metas rotate all the time, eventually the developers will buff melee"
PoE 2013-2018
GGG want their game be casual-friendly. So boss-killing is unrewarding, yes.
WHAT? If that's true then it's ridiculous. I thought that bosses gave some bigger lump of XP but i never dared or cared to check the exact numbers.

Please GGG, buff boss XP.
I represent only myself, my own thought and believes. I am individual, not a representative of the community.
I am not speaking on behalf of someone else and I don't get offended by things that have nothing to do with me.

3.13 was the golden age.
"
fwd wrote:

Lol. You have no clue what are you talking about.
Casuals will go for killing bosses becvause they assume that a map boss gives better loot/XP (as logic would dictate)
"War's over, soldier. You just don't know it yet. Everybody lost."
I came to conclusion this is the game of punishing. You play it more - you get more punished. You want endgame? You must suffer. Alot. Also - look at those uniqs coming with the next league! They are all build around punishing and sacrifise..

I tend kinda antilike it more and more if it goes like this further.

And yeah, bosses are repelling too.
If you not run 60+ IIQ MF char they are not worth touching normally.
And exp if not even laughable, its just sad.

I already stuck with strange dichotomy:

1. If I run char in good endgame outfit if performs well and don`t die and not loosing exp. But not fun in terms of drop. Its just not fun at all. I run and kill, run and kill.. fun not happens, nothing close to interesting drops. But..
2. I can switch to MF gear on this char and it dies easilly, but drop starting to be rich and running this way is more fun, but I`m loosing progress and not doing lot of dmg..

Thats whats poe became.
Fun or grind.
Last edited by DarkJen on May 23, 2018, 6:49:53 AM
"
Nishrek wrote:
"
fwd wrote:

Lol. You have no clue what are you talking about.
Casuals will go for killing bosses becvause they assume that a map boss gives better loot/XP (as logic would dictate)

Agreed. If they wanted it casual-friendly, they would make bosses easy. As it is, they are hard (compared with normal content) and unrewarding - the ultimate casual trap.
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
Sadly if you watched the latest Baeclast, Chris/GGG has "overwhelming data" to support that bosses are still being killed and therefore players find them rewarding. He even says that all of those saying "skip bosses they are not worth it" and lying and killing bosses themselves and are saying not to do it as a way to keep all the juicy rewards for themselves.

Same or less exp than a handful of white monsters - Check
Less loot than a handful of white monsters - Check
Invulnerability phases and bullshit mechanics - Check
50 times more dangerous with map mods compared to white monsters - Check

Yep, seems balanced.

Basically don't expect them to ever change or balance bosses at this point.
"
Namcap wrote:
Sadly if you watched the latest Baeclast, Chris/GGG has "overwhelming data" to support that bosses are still being killed and therefore players find them rewarding. He even says that all of those saying "skip bosses they are not worth it" and lying and killing bosses themselves and are saying not to do it as a way to keep all the juicy rewards for themselves.

Same or less exp than a handful of white monsters - Check
Less loot than a handful of white monsters - Check
Invulnerability phases and bullshit mechanics - Check
50 times more dangerous with map mods compared to white monsters - Check

Yep, seems balanced.

Basically don't expect them to ever change or balance bosses at this point.

To be fair:
Chris said these players are killing bosses in less then 6 seconds.

Now Im pretty much one of those players. I dont like fighting bosses, because its unrewarding. Still I will kill them, if I know I can burst them down in no time (and thus no real risk involved).
In this - and sadly only in this - scenario boss rewards are kinda fine.
Frankly speaking: What reward do you expect for deleting a boss in a few sec?
On the other hand it does mean, I will skip all bosses and cant just delete in a matter of seconds, if they dont come with a special loot table, so I can gamble on a good drop.
Its just not worth taking the risk or investing the time needed.

But yeah, I do agree Bosses need some love in whatever form.
Will gladly take any improvement

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info