Security and risk (associated with recent events).

Now that GGG is associated financially with the Chinese,

My perceived level of consumer security with GGG has been jeopardized.

As such, products for sale by GGG are no longer a viable option for me.

I don't care what 'assurances' are given to me by GGG.

I can't help but be distracted by one word and one word only: RISK.

There's devils on each side of you with bottles in their hands.
You need one more drop of poison and you'll dream of foreign lands.
Last bumped on May 23, 2018, 8:23:03 AM
the chinese already had all your info prior to this
IGN- Shaeyaena
There are Laws in place in NZ where the developers are located which protect your data, there are Laws in place in most parts of the world that protect your data.
Chris mentioned they will be adhering to the new EU data protection law which goes into effect later in the month.

Less tinfoil buddy.

Also...you might want to examine anything else you play/use online, there is a good change tencent already has a piece of it.

Stuff like Discord, tesla, ubisoft, riot games, epic games and the unreal engine and activision
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
Last edited by lagwin1980 on May 23, 2018, 2:18:55 AM
Here is a secret tip top 100 companies don't want you to know to protect your private information:

Don't give your private information to them.
For some reason the original post reminds me of the time when my dad said he wouldn't buy anything else from any Japanese companies ever again (probably said around VE/VJ day some time in the 80s) because of all the things they did in the war.

That said, I'm genuinely curious as to whether the OP has ever bought anything with "made in China" stamped/embossed on the bottom... Not to mention anything with a chip in it.
You could've spent the time you took on writing this thread on researching NZ laws and EU privacy laws where you need to read only 3 lines to understand that you're safe. But EY! Moaning and making your life uncomfortable is a lot easier!
Uploaded an awesome Exsanguinate Freeze Explosion build on the forums - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3508506
THATS 50 SOCIAL CREDIT POINTS MINUS

GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
Last edited by Xavderion on May 23, 2018, 7:43:45 AM
Privacy is long gone. Everything you post. Every email. Every phone you have is recorded and database in massive data-centers for perpetuity. Even in EU. Edward Snowden showed us how US/US corps is tapped in everywhere.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on May 23, 2018, 7:57:38 AM
evil china men have your data just like the usa, uk, and most of the world already does
if you dont want this to happen, just go off the grid fam
china numba wan
1337 21gn17ur3

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info