What other games do you think we'll see from GGG.

PoE2 seems kinda unlikely at this stage but who knows, i hear tencent has a 40% stake in Epic games who own the unreal engine so there is a basis to start from scratch and if they are doing that they might as well go for PoE2.

PoE directors cut, which was mentioned by Chris, which sounded like what they have said the wanted the game to be years back.
Hardcore, slow, maps being hard to get to let alone level 100, if this was a serious attempt from Chris i would like see what he thinks it should be in greater detail.

And some sort of mobile game, there are 2 things i can see being fairly easily made.

Some sort of card game linking in with divination cards
and a Tetris/Columns/Bejeweled type "inventory management" game

-----------------[EDIT]---------------------------

I knew there was something i forgot, pretty sure in the beaclast chris mentioned the idea of PoE royal being standalone...so there is that as well.
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
Last edited by lagwin1980 on May 22, 2018, 9:14:06 AM
Last bumped on May 22, 2018, 2:41:46 PM
I am very sure that none at least until 4.0. Business wise it's not a smart choice. We can take an example from your own Epic Games example. They withdrew all forces from all other developments from other games to bank up Fortnite and now they are investing 100,000,000 USD to competitive play.
Mobile games would exist mostly to increase the popularity / population of the main game.
Uploaded an awesome Exsanguinate Freeze Explosion build on the forums - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3508506
Last edited by Kiss_Me_Quick on May 22, 2018, 9:07:48 AM
"
Kiss_Me_Quick wrote:
I am very sure that none at least until 4.0. Business wise it's not a smart choice.

Maybe, i would expect that whatever they want to make they would need to float the idea to tencent and to do that they need to come up with at least a thought out plan on how it all will work, so while you could say that nothing will happen before 4.0 and that may be true i would think that if they had an idea on a game and fleshed it out enough that tencent want to go with it they might actually get further help, like some more developers to start making it up to the stage where tencent can decide if it's worth the cost.

That and there is no harm in talking about it, or speculating or throwing ideas around.
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
Last edited by lagwin1980 on May 22, 2018, 9:12:32 AM
"
lagwin1980 wrote:
"
Kiss_Me_Quick wrote:
I am very sure that none at least until 4.0. Business wise it's not a smart choice.

Maybe, i would expect that whatever they want to make they would need to float the idea to tencent and to do that they need to come up with at least a thought out plan on how it all will work, so while you could say that nothing will happen before 4.0 and that may be true i would think that if they had an idea on a game and fleshed it out enough that tencent want to go with it they might actually get further help, like some more developers to start making it up to the stage where tencent can decide if it's worth the cost.

That and there is no harm in talking about it, or speculating or throwing ideas around.

Of course there is no harm in speculating but I really honestly do not see something else being developed as we speak since there is so much to do and obviously they have big milestones that they want to reach before starting anything else. Developing multiple projects full time at the same time is very frustrating especially since they don't own multiple studios.

There is another part when they develop another game in same genre, it would compete with PoE and it would not be as profitable for the company. At the same time stepping into another genre is a very dangerous and frustrating task, especially if you're already an old studio with a success formula.

I can speak from my own experience that while a new market would be an exciting venture for me, I don't see it happening for a long time because why should I? I already know how to be successful and the extra headache is not worth it while I have multiple projects running right now as well.
Uploaded an awesome Exsanguinate Freeze Explosion build on the forums - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3508506
Last edited by Kiss_Me_Quick on May 22, 2018, 9:19:32 AM
none, cause they're in ggg longterm, they said.
managing a game like poe in all it's variants likely is two fulltime jobs.

even if they were free to develop new games, setting the codebase for a game and tools is calculated in years if you can't reuse old code.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
I don't care for any of the sky is falling posts about the Tencent news, just hope whatever comes up if it results in something making it to PS4.
None.
I support the PS4 move!

One would assume some sort of non-competition clause in contracts meaning if GGG wanted to publish a new game, it would be difficult if they wanted to make another ARPG.
PoE Mobile.
"
knolly wrote:
None.

thats probably most likely
I dont see any any key!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info