For those wondering what sort of company Tencent is...

Watch this video, I think its important to know what sort of thing Tencent is doing and what you'll be supporting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHcTKWiZ8sI
Last bumped on May 22, 2018, 1:04:22 PM
"
LocalFire wrote:
Watch this video, I think its important to know what sort of thing Tencent is doing and what you'll be supporting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHcTKWiZ8sI

SO MUCH THIS.
Now presenting! Venom ink; malice in the pen, poison on the paper, anger in the mind.

Brought to you by Dat LLC, in partnership with Harassment Industries.

*Disclaimer* No actual products are being sold, shipped or presented. *End of disclaimer*
Oh shit better not shittalk China or my chinese citizenship score will be hurt (EU SSF BTW). What a crock.
Second-class poe gamer
As I wrote in another thread:

I'm not going to proclaim myself as an expert on China; because, well, I'm not. But how "shady" are their business viewed domestically? Interpreted through Chinese laws? As I see it, they have a government contract to do something that from our perspective, culture and moral seems shady as hell. As I see it, a company has to relate to and follow the laws and culture of the countries they operate in. And I think we can find a billion companies - from around the world - doing "shady" things in China - from our perspective.

No one, in the Western world, in their right mind, can defend such a system. But how much is Tencent here, and how much is Chinese government? How much "choice" do they have, and how "shady" is this from a Chinese perspective?

I'm just asking questions. Yes, it's scary, but to think this has some kind of impact on Epic Games, Riot Games, Activison/Blizzard or Grinding Gear Games? There are probably a million companies - following some shady country's laws - doing things that for us seem shady as hell. Companies we view as "good". A company is designed to make money. A company will exploit every law they can to make money.

I'm not defending anyone here. I'm just trying to have some kind of perspective. Maybe most for my own, personal reasons.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
"
pr13st wrote:
Oh shit better not shittalk China or my chinese citizenship score will be hurt (EU SSF BTW). What a crock.

You know with enough money and influence that could also be your reality. I mean this company is into both AI and social media... they literally find ways to use what makes us tick against us. How long before they find a way to sell it to your government? Mine?

If ever is a possible answer that's still to soon imo.
Now presenting! Venom ink; malice in the pen, poison on the paper, anger in the mind.

Brought to you by Dat LLC, in partnership with Harassment Industries.

*Disclaimer* No actual products are being sold, shipped or presented. *End of disclaimer*
Last edited by DarkNRG on May 22, 2018, 3:35:06 AM
And?
"
DarkNRG wrote:

I mean this company is into both AI and social media... they literally find ways to use what makes us tick against us.

Ummm...you know google and facebook do the same things? And to a certain extent, retailers and grocery stores. They are just more covert.

I am not happy about the changes, but the loud outcry is a little reactionary. Games have a life cycle. If necessary, you consider it dead and move on, because this is pretty much a done deal.
"
Yogoff wrote:
And?
1337 21gn17ur3
"
FarmerTed wrote:
"
DarkNRG wrote:

I mean this company is into both AI and social media... they literally find ways to use what makes us tick against us.

Ummm...you know google and facebook do the same things? And to a certain extent, retailers and grocery stores. They are just more covert.

I am not happy about the changes, but the loud outcry is a little reactionary. Games have a life cycle. If necessary, you consider it dead and move on, because this is pretty much a done deal.

they collect data yes but they dont quantify it into a score that shows how obedient you are to the ruling party lol

but yeah google pretty much knows everything about most folks

facebook less so
I dont see any any key!
"
"
Yogoff wrote:
And?

AI and social media? Well, me personally. I am waiting for LLVision to get Skynet live. Hopefully in the next ten years. Then I can watch the world burn. I have popcorn.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info