Please someone coach Chris Wilson

Just watched Baeclast #23 , and do you think i really need to hear Chris casually dismiss players that try to improve the performance of this badly optimized 5+ year old game by turning off as much stuff as possible (screen shake, post processing, shadows) as some oldschool wierdos that want to "squeeze out every single fps becase that makes you a better player" ?

Especially in the context of recent burning ground and upcoming incinerate, magma orb/molten strike changes?
Last bumped on May 22, 2018, 5:36:33 AM
remember when the game first came out and the bodies would stack up... and stack up... and stack up... never to go away?

Oh that was fun for my 770 gtx at the time.

These guys may learn things the hard way, but at least they seem to learn, in time... no matter how slowly in some cases.

EVEN IF THEY CAN'T SEEM TO REALIZE ACTUAL MERCENARIES WOULD BE BETTER THAN A BESTIARY LEAGUE THEY'D JUST TOSS IN THE GARBAGE CAN.

YOU HEAR ME TENCENT... MAKE GGG CREATE MERCENARIES FINALLY !!!!!!!

80% > 20%
"
Templar_G wrote:
remember when the game first came out and the bodies would stack up... and stack up... and stack up... never to go away?

Yes. I had a fracture mod map with humanoids and was hoping to get the body stack as tall as possible. Even with the bodies not disappearing, there was a limit to how tall the stack got.
:(

"
Templar_G wrote:
YOU HEAR ME TENCENT... MAKE GGG CREATE MERCENARIES FINALLY !!!!!!!

I love mercs, especially when you can make characters that are just merc supports and slowly but surely watch the merc go to work. I don't think they would be a good fit for Path of Exile though. Totems already do to much of that, and adding mercs would just make the game too easy.
PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
I think the problem more here are people expecting to run a regularly updated game on 5+ year old hardware

I really want to know what you guys are doing to your computers because my now aging i5 laptop with a 960M runs PoE at 60FPS on high settings with minimal frame drops at 1080p
Last edited by Imaginaerum on May 22, 2018, 12:53:04 AM
"
Imaginaerum wrote:
I really want to know what you guys are doing to your computers because my now aging i5 laptop with a 960M runs PoE at 60FPS on high settings with minimal frame drops at 1080p

Allow me to question your observation skills as my setup is somewhat similar (but from 2017), and i cannot replicate your claim, especially "minimal frame drops" in shocked ground maps, and @1080p of all things :)
"
DalaiLama wrote:
"
Templar_G wrote:

Yes. I had a fracture mod map with humanoids and was hoping to get the body stack as tall as possible. Even with the bodies not disappearing, there was a limit to how tall the stack got.
:(

if you really wanted to fry your computer, after doing such a thing you use vaal detonate dead.

man i loved the fracture map mod.
"
Imaginaerum wrote:
I think the problem more here are people expecting to run a regularly updated game on 5+ year old hardware

And we can, thanks to all the optimization work GGG puts into the game.

Not everyone can afford to buy a new computer every year or two. And while I'm not implying any causal connection, the overlap between people with less money to spend on computer hardware and players of F2P games is probably quite significant.
Funny thing, i just ENABLED post processing after watching this episode on my potato PC. And guess what ? It actually looks better AND doesn't affect my 5-30 fps at all. I'm still disabling all of the other settings though, and playing on low custom resolution.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info