PoE may not lose its player base, but may lose its payer base?

"
Gannicus2491 wrote:
I still don´t get it, how so many financial experts here know the truth and future.
I am only buying stash tabs, because I give nothing on it to have a special clothes outlook, while it does not change anything at the game for me. There might be MTX that can help to have a better view at player or skill effect, but I don´t care.
So if I need more stash tabs, does it really make any difference to buy stash tabs while tencent is in the boot now or not? In my holy opinion, it will still be same as before.
The GGGs told us, there will be no changes for the realms everywhere without china. But does it matter, how the game is played in china? Not for me.
I am not afraid that PoE will loose anything nor the player base neighter the supporter packs buyer and the game will still be in the hand of GGG developers, so they said.
Actually it also could be a good thing for GGG to have a big money company behind them.

As long the game is in the hands of GGG, everything is fine4me. So why you panic?

screaming about the sky falling with every balance patch or change is easier than thinking things through as it always has been on the forums and reddit.
1337 21gn17ur3
I don't think people are panicking. I think people are more disappointed and disheartened.

I don't care about the cosmetics either, I don't mind having them nor not having them.

For most of us who could have played the game for free but chose to buy supporter packs to support, the attitudes are changing, such that we would not chose to buy supporter packs anymore but many probably will keep playing the game, truly for free from now. That's all.
"
Gannicus2491 wrote:
I still don´t get it, how so many financial experts here know the truth and future.
I am only buying stash tabs, because I give nothing on it to have a special clothes outlook, while it does not change anything at the game for me. There might be MTX that can help to have a better view at player or skill effect, but I don´t care.
So if I need more stash tabs, does it really make any difference to buy stash tabs while tencent is in the boot now or not? In my holy opinion, it will still be same as before.
The GGGs told us, there will be no changes for the realms everywhere without china. But does it matter, how the game is played in china? Not for me.
I am not afraid that PoE will loose anything nor the player base neighter the supporter packs buyer and the game will still be in the hand of GGG developers, so they said.
Actually it also could be a good thing for GGG to have a big money company behind them.

As long the game is in the hands of GGG, everything is fine4me. So why you panic?

It's a business decision. GGG and PoE aren't going anywhere, and (most likely) won't change a lot anytime in the near future. The sky isn't falling, and Tencent is highly unlikely to rule with a heavy hand ... at least not as long as things are going smoothly.

That's not the issue. The issue is that (80% of) the profits now goes to a huge company in China.

A company which supports some uncomfortable practices. Specifically, "Social Credit Rating".

Here's an article on what it is, and how it's used to subtly impact behavior of large population groups: https://www.wired.com/story/age-of-social-credit/

I personally am uncomfortable knowingly giving money to Tencent because of that.
'A Balrog,' muttered Gandalf. 'Now I understand.' He faltered and leaned heavily on his staff. 'What an evil fortune! And I am already weary.'
"
motorz wrote:
after this you will find out more Cheater and more Bot are coming from China . you know what i talking about . scammer and a lot of toxic player ! ! Rekt

PUBG called, they want their aimbotters and speed hackers back.
"
motorz wrote:
after this you will find out more Cheater and more Bot are coming from China . you know what i talking about . scammer and a lot of toxic player ! ! Rekt

You know, it's more likely Tencent asks GGG to lock out Chinese players from the international servers, for reasons of both exploitation and supervision.
"Into the Labyrinth!
left step, right step, step step, left left.
Into the Labyrinth!"
"
Unquietheart wrote:
"
Gannicus2491 wrote:

It's a business decision. GGG and PoE aren't going anywhere, and (most likely) won't change a lot anytime in the near future. The sky isn't falling, and Tencent is highly unlikely to rule with a heavy hand ... at least not as long as things are going smoothly.

That's not the issue. The issue is that (80% of) the profits now goes to a huge company in China.

A company which supports some uncomfortable practices. Specifically, "Social Credit Rating".

Here's an article on what it is, and how it's used to subtly impact behavior of large population groups: https://www.wired.com/story/age-of-social-credit/

I personally am uncomfortable knowingly giving money to Tencent because of that.

The connection to the Chinese government and this social credit program is disconcerting.

I don't trust the www at the best of times. I use one email for trusted sites and others for everything else. Now GGG has just sold my trusted email to the chinese gov't.

With the amount of underhanded shit going on I feel less comfortable associating with tencent/Xi Jinping than GGG that's for sure.

I'll admit to wearing a tinfoil hat at times but I don't like the feeling I get knowing GGG are not the friendly folks peaking in my rng anymore.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info