PoE may not lose its player base, but may lose its payer base?

"
Mythabril wrote:
To hell with the world as long as my selfish greed for hedonism is sated.

thats the spirit!
I dont see any any key!
"
Ygidua wrote:
"
We also know that we had more direct influence in the game's direction.

Because if we didn't like it and we didn't pay, then it is over for GGG.

And exactly this puts GGG into the terrible situation they were in after Bestiary and why they decided to sell their company to someone, who does not care about your money.

Let´s face it, you people from reddit who kept freaking out every time when someone stole your precious speed meta Lolly, your exclusivity of trading, good loot and level 100 toons, you guys held GGG back from actually moving forward with POE.

GGG was blackmailed by you and this has finally come to an end so we can move forward and get the game that actually suits the majority of it´s players.

Just look at it,

We still don´t have a working in game trading system, we still don´t have a currency auto pick up, we still have the max level which is not achievable for casuals, the XP penalty if we die and last but not least, a 4th breach league coming up.

Chris knew, that he can not make a good game anymore with spoiled customers like yours. He knew that if POE want´s to survive, it must become independent of your kind. Bestiary was a great idea, but you guys kept complaining and pretty much bullied GGG into that contract.

I support GGG in their decision as I know how things work in the gaming industry. You can not work with a community that puts a gun to your head every time they dislike something.

POE will become a better game in future and this is great news.

Oh, I see. It was the actual customer's fault. Wait, no, just the LOUD customer's fault.

You know, GGG could have made the changes THEY wanted to make within the same system we have now and I expect just like all leagues some would like it, some hate it, but unless it was a complete unplayable garbage-fire I expect the community would continue to support. A game's decline happens in inches, not miles. And in that time period investment/monetization changes could be made.

In other words, I think your opinion is ridiculous.

You understand that your entire post paints the actual people at GGG as weak and pathetic and unable to design a game themselves, right?
"
DarkNRG wrote:
Yeah you two were made for each other, enjoy. Mr. Virtue signaling meet Mr. Everyone's a facebook reposter.

Damn it we are not the same species. I refuse to accept it.

Being worse existences morally and ethically doesn't unfortunately make them a different race.

"
Ygidua wrote:
And exactly this puts GGG into the terrible situation they were in after Bestiary and why they decided to sell their company to someone, who does not care about your money.

There is no way I can write a fitting direct reply to this drivel without having support nuke it. New lows have been reached.

________ who think that Tencent buying GGG allows GGG to not care about the money flow they get from the player base are so ____________ that I can't even comprehend their ___________________. You _________ seem to think that Tencent is some sort of charity foundation that doesn't care even if GGG makes less profit than what they used to. Just because GGG receives resources from Tencent, THAT DOESN'T MEAN THEY CAN SIMPLY IGNORE THE DROPPING CASH FLOW FROM PLAYERS YOU ______________________. And yes, the cash flow WILL DROP; anyone who claims otherwise or that it doesn't matter _______________________________.

Severing ties with one part of the cash flow means they need to come up with way(s) to either attract a bunch of new lasting cash flow or play around with their monetization plan. Being a company as big as they are, I'm sure they've plenty prepared. Thing is, before they get reliable statistics on where and how the cash flow drops, they can't just mess around with things; thus changes will happen only after Incursion.
"
Severing ties with one part of the cash flow means they need to come up with way(s) to either attract a bunch of new lasting cash flow or play around with their monetization plan. Being a company as big as they are, I'm sure they've plenty prepared. Thing is, before they get reliable statistics on where and how the cash flow drops, they can't just mess around with things; thus changes will happen only after Incursion.

Good thing (for them) that the deal was done a year ago, they already have been collecting data since that time.
"
We also know that we had more direct influence in the game's direction.

Because if we didn't like it and we didn't pay, then it is over for GGG.

I think people are misunderstanding the sentiment of this a bit.

It is not a hostile power struggle. Merely that when paying for something, anything, we (or at least me) would like it to be something we actually like / want / agreeing with / enjoy.

Not so different from if you order a steak from a restaurant, you would like to be able to tell the chief how you'd like it, and have it cooked to your liking.

And if you ordered medium-rare but got a well-done, you reserve the right to send it back and have it re-made, or let it go this time, or, if it is really not measuring up to your expectation, stop coming back to the restaurant.

I wouldn't call this "holding the chief hostage", or imagine that any chief in these circumstances would like to just "escape" from the customers.

I would imagine the chief would try his best to serve the steak the way you like. And hold the pride if you did like his cooking and kept coming back. - And yes, he might have to cook the steak a few different ways for different customers, and it is not easy. But at the end of the day that's what he is there for isn't it?

After a while, the chief would become acquaintant with his customers, learnt their liking, and may even be able to add some more special touches to the meals.

Imagine now that the restaurant is bought by a company, and 80% of its business is to cater for lunch services for that company's customers.

It would still sell you a meal, however could you expect the experience in this restaurant be exactly the same as it was before?

And please, don't say that you would believe that the restaurant will now serve even better meals because it now has more resources and financial support.

The product will change, to the 80% of customers' liking, not to yours.

And if you happen to like it, great.

If you don't, the chief is not going to adjust his cooking for your liking anymore.

Now how much would you still like to pay?
OMG it’s chef. CHEF dammit!
My apologies. Didn't realise I was typing the wrong word the whole time. It sure should be "chef" not "chief". My mistake.
i spent $100 on supercells clash of clans, how's any different if I spent in a game like PoE?

If it fun and you like to show off your "bling bling", the cashflow will pay for developing (lol) and server upkeep. They just need a handful of whales (including me) to keep the game going. That's what Tencent, EA, EPIC, or any pay-for-service games are banking on.
after this you will find out more Cheater and more Bot are coming from China . you know what i talking about . scammer and a lot of toxic player ! ! Rekt
I still don´t get it, how so many financial experts here know the truth and future.
I am only buying stash tabs, because I give nothing on it to have a special clothes outlook, while it does not change anything at the game for me. There might be MTX that can help to have a better view at player or skill effect, but I don´t care.
So if I need more stash tabs, does it really make any difference to buy stash tabs while tencent is in the boot now or not? In my holy opinion, it will still be same as before.
The GGGs told us, there will be no changes for the realms everywhere without china. But does it matter, how the game is played in china? Not for me.
I am not afraid that PoE will loose anything nor the player base neighter the supporter packs buyer and the game will still be in the hand of GGG developers, so they said.
Actually it also could be a good thing for GGG to have a big money company behind them.

As long the game is in the hands of GGG, everything is fine4me. So why you panic?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info