PoE may not lose its player base, but may lose its payer base?

"
Kiss_Me_Quick wrote:
"
DarkNRG wrote:
You can when it's tencent [Removed by Support] do some fucking research.

+1
1337 21gn17ur3
Last edited by Kieran_GGG on May 22, 2018, 5:16:15 PM
Yeah you two were made for each other, enjoy. Mr. Virtue signaling meet Mr. Everyone's a facebook reposter.

Damn it we are not the same species. I refuse to accept it.
Now presenting! Venom ink; malice in the pen, poison on the paper, anger in the mind.

Brought to you by Dat LLC, in partnership with Harassment Industries.

*Disclaimer* No actual products are being sold, shipped or presented. *End of disclaimer*
"
DarkNRG wrote:
Yeah you two were made for each other, enjoy. Mr. Virtue signaling meet Mr. Everyone's a facebook reposter.

Some of us don't give a flying fuck about anything other than GGG and Path of Exile, but you're the one among a number of other Chicken Littles dragging Tencent evil, boycott asap into this. You do that if it pleases you, but maybe realize losing players will make everybody lose in the end.

For the sake of an example, some moron asked for a poll to happen on the forums and reddit to decide if tencent could buy the majority share before GGG could make the decision. Maybe that's why they didn't put such an option on the table because all those changes people want won't materialize without a large investment, instead of relying on the vacuous goodwill (omegalul) of the supporter base.
1337 21gn17ur3
"
"
DarkNRG wrote:

Some of us don't give a flying fuck about anything other than GGG and Path of Exile, but you're the one among a number of other Chicken Littles dragging Tencent evil, boycott asap into this. You do that if it pleases you, but maybe realize losing players will make everybody lose in the end.

For the sake of an example, some moron asked for a poll to happen on the forums and reddit to decide if tencent could buy the majority share before GGG could make the decision. Maybe that's why they didn't put such an option on the table because all those changes people want won't materialize without a large investment, instead of relying on the vacuous goodwill (omegalul) of the supporter base.

Yes I know already, you only care about what is right in front of your face. You've made it more than clear several times.
Now presenting! Venom ink; malice in the pen, poison on the paper, anger in the mind.

*Disclaimer* No actual products are being sold, shipped or presented. *End of disclaimer*
Last edited by DarkNRG on May 22, 2018, 10:01:29 AM
To hell with the world as long as my selfish greed for hedonism is sated.
"Into the Labyrinth!
left step, right step, step step, left left.
Into the Labyrinth!"
"
DarkNRG wrote:

If you don't support big companies then you would not have supported GGG pre-tencent either. Just because a company isn't under a publisher or some other big company does NOT mean they can't be big on their own for fucks sake. GGG has been doing nothing but getting bigger since the game officially launched back in 2013

You realize it's not the size of the company that matters right? It's what they are willing to do for profits #ethics #business practices

Imagine a company that takes everything we know about what makes people tick. Then uses it to extend playtime, increase longevity, tips and tricks to bypass rational thought to get your money in new and devious ways and you'll get an idea of what the difference between that and what GGG stood for.

They are compiling collected data to build an AI while using that same knowledge to take advantage of people on a ludicrous scale. They ought to be paying the people who use there services instead they are profiting off the front and back end.

Ethics? Lootboxes (pre-tencent)
Tips and tricks to bypass rational thoughts? Lootboxes, timed mtx exclusive to league or league supporter packs (pre-tencent)
What GGG stood for? You mean doing what other AAA studios are already doing? Like lootboxes and timed mtx in order to incentivise players to spend more money?

Last edited by DrCola on May 22, 2018, 10:21:19 AM
"
DrCola wrote:
"
DarkNRG wrote:
"
DrCola wrote:

Of course, after all people bought those packs to support GGG and definitely not for exclusive MTX or physical goods?

+1 This.

I liked the game, i supported it on this and my alt acct with microtransactions and supporter packs. Its was an indie game, free to play an I support the underdog new kid mentality.

I dont support big companies. I shop at farmers markets, and i try to luve as ethically as i can, to my set of humanisticc morals.

Ill keep playing the game, but i wont support it financially again. Ill send a ton of free pizza their way though, cause thats supporting GGG not tencent.

Matt.

If you don't support big companies then you would not have supported GGG pre-tencent either. Just because a company isn't under a publisher or some other big company does NOT mean they can't be big on their own for fucks sake. GGG has been doing nothing but getting bigger since the game officially launched back in 2013

You realize it's not the size of the company that matters right? It's what they are willing to do for profits #ethics #business practices

Imagine a company that takes everything we know about what makes people tick. Then uses it to extend playtime, increase longevity, tips and tricks to bypass rational thought to get your money in new and devious ways and you'll get an idea of what the difference between that and what GGG stood for.

They are compiling collected data to build an AI while using that same knowledge to take advantage of people on a ludicrous scale. They ought to be paying the people who use there services instead they are profiting off the front and back end.

Ethics? Lootboxes (pre-tencent)
Tips and tricks to bypass rational thoughts? Lootboxes, timed mtx exclusive to league or league supporter packs (pre-tencent)
What GGG stood for? You mean doing what other AAA studios are already doing? Like lootboxes and timed mtx in order to incentivise players to spend more money?

I mean... yeah but it can and will get worse. I'd posit that we are just scratching the surface on the crossroads of psychology and gaming.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dLK9MW-9sY Gamification

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbHizMGL3vc De-gamification

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqGcXOksFGg Metrics

Last edited by DarkNRG on May 22, 2018, 10:23:37 AM
Okay, despite this shitstorm of ridiculous emotional forum posting, I think the question is a good one.

I think, very strongly, that the answer is yes. I would expect a lot of regular western supporters will pull chute - on supporting not necessarily playing. I pulled continued support with Xsolla but certainly would have pulled because of this.

But a vast population of players won't care about the Man Behind the Mask, as long as their game is not affected. And that is okay too. That's how the world works. People still eat at Chick-fil-a in spite of the owners gross public opinions.
"
We also know that we had more direct influence in the game's direction.

Because if we didn't like it and we didn't pay, then it is over for GGG.

And exactly this puts GGG into the terrible situation they were in after Bestiary and why they decided to sell their company to someone, who does not care about your money.

Let´s face it, you people from reddit who kept freaking out every time when someone stole your precious speed meta Lolly, your exclusivity of trading, good loot and level 100 toons, you guys held GGG back from actually moving forward with POE.

GGG was blackmailed by you and this has finally come to an end so we can move forward and get the game that actually suits the majority of it´s players.

Just look at it,

We still don´t have a working in game trading system, we still don´t have a currency auto pick up, we still have the max level which is not achievable for casuals, the XP penalty if we die and last but not least, a 4th breach league coming up.

Chris knew, that he can not make a good game anymore with spoiled customers like yours. He knew that if POE want´s to survive, it must become independent of your kind. Bestiary was a great idea, but you guys kept complaining and pretty much bullied GGG into that contract.

I support GGG in their decision as I know how things work in the gaming industry. You can not work with a community that puts a gun to your head every time they dislike something.

POE will become a better game in future and this is great news.
Last edited by Ygidua on May 22, 2018, 12:04:53 PM
"
Ygidua wrote:

And exactly this puts GGG into the terrible situation they were in after Bestiary and why they decided to sell their company to someone, who does not care about your money.

No way dude.

Might fit your narrative but this decision has been made years ago.
Bestiary got nothing to do with it. Absolutely nothing.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info