PoE may not lose its player base, but may lose its payer base?

No, you all paid for supporter packs because you're addicted and want your shiny armor, no need to bs with this OMG ALL BLAYERZ PAY CUZ INDIE COMPANY.
People also don't seem to understand that their temper tantrums don't do shit since 99% of the players actually don't know about it / don't care. Even if absolutely ALL forum posters who are moaning right now would stop supporting, it wouldn't even statistically show up. Nobody would care and nothing would change.
Uploaded an awesome Exsanguinate Freeze Explosion build on the forums - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3508506
"
IIPheXII wrote:
Not sure about other transactions but supporter packs as a concept is pretty much dead.

Of course, after all people bought those packs to support GGG and definitely not for exclusive MTX or physical goods?

"
essemoni wrote:
"
ma_po_to_fu wrote:
As long as the game is fun to play, people will keep playing. However, whether people (or at least some) will keep paying, and paying the same way as before, is a different question.

+1 This.

I liked the game, i supported it on this and my alt acct with microtransactions and supporter packs. Its was an indie game, free to play an I support the underdog new kid mentality.

I dont support big companies. I shop at farmers markets, and i try to luve as ethically as i can, to my set of humanisticc morals.

Ill keep playing the game, but i wont support it financially again. Ill send a ton of free pizza their way though, cause thats supporting GGG not tencent.

Matt.

If you don't support big companies then you would not have supported GGG pre-tencent either. Just because a company isn't under a publisher or some other big company does NOT mean they can't be big on their own for fucks sake. GGG has been doing nothing but getting bigger since the game officially launched back in 2013
Well we get to play for free until it goes south ; i'll just not support anymore as it'd feel dirty.

I'd feel like i was a net neutrality supporter by supporting tencent in any way shape or form.

Too bad i already did but it doesn't count as I was bamboozled into thinking i was investing in a small indie company.

so in my case they don't quite lose a player ; but the player became a true freeloader (while it's still possible at least!) :)
Last edited by teksuoPOE on May 22, 2018, 9:11:35 AM
"
teksuoPOE wrote:
Well we get to play for free until it goes south ; i'll just not support anymore as it'd feel dirty.

I'd feel like i was a net neutrality supporter by supporting tencent in any way shape or form.

Too bad i already did but it doesn't count as I was bamboozled into thinking i was investing in a small indie company.

so in my case they don't quite lose a player ; but the player became a true freeloader :)

When a thing is free, you are the product. Please try to remember this.
Now presenting! Venom ink; malice in the pen, poison on the paper, anger in the mind.

Brought to you by Dat LLC, in partnership with Harassment Industries.

*Disclaimer* No actual products are being sold, shipped or presented. *End of disclaimer*
The monetization of this game is going to change... I'll bet you a stack of exalts on that.

Will it make money with the new model? Who the fuck knows? We don't. We don't even know what the new model will be. But "pay us out of the goodness of your hearts" isn't going to work with Tencent.
"
DrCola wrote:
"
IIPheXII wrote:
Not sure about other transactions but supporter packs as a concept is pretty much dead.

Of course, after all people bought those packs to support GGG and definitely not for exclusive MTX or physical goods?

"
essemoni wrote:
"
ma_po_to_fu wrote:
As long as the game is fun to play, people will keep playing. However, whether people (or at least some) will keep paying, and paying the same way as before, is a different question.

+1 This.

I liked the game, i supported it on this and my alt acct with microtransactions and supporter packs. Its was an indie game, free to play an I support the underdog new kid mentality.

I dont support big companies. I shop at farmers markets, and i try to luve as ethically as i can, to my set of humanisticc morals.

Ill keep playing the game, but i wont support it financially again. Ill send a ton of free pizza their way though, cause thats supporting GGG not tencent.

Matt.

If you don't support big companies then you would not have supported GGG pre-tencent either. Just because a company isn't under a publisher or some other big company does NOT mean they can't be big on their own for fucks sake. GGG has been doing nothing but getting bigger since the game officially launched back in 2013

You realize it's not the size of the company that matters right? It's what they are willing to do for profits #ethics #business practices

Imagine a company that takes everything we know about what makes people tick. Then uses it to extend playtime, increase longevity, tips and tricks to bypass rational thought to get your money in new and devious ways and you'll get an idea of what the difference between that and what GGG stood for.

They are compiling collected data to build an AI while using that same knowledge to take advantage of people on a ludicrous scale. They ought to be paying the people who use there services instead they are profiting off the front and back end.
Now presenting! Venom ink; malice in the pen, poison on the paper, anger in the mind.

*Disclaimer* No actual products are being sold, shipped or presented. *End of disclaimer*
Last edited by DarkNRG on May 22, 2018, 9:37:29 AM
"
DarkNRG wrote:

When a thing is free, you are the product. Please try to remember this.

Jesus christ, people see some dumb anti-Facebook quote and now blast it in every fucking corner of the internet.

No, when a product is 100% free, THEN you are a product. Games with a payment model do not work like this. You can't apply the same logic to absolutely everything in this world.

"
DarkNRG wrote:

Please try to remember this.
Uploaded an awesome Exsanguinate Freeze Explosion build on the forums - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3508506
You can when it's tencent [Removed by Support] do some fucking research. You know what, don't even bother the more stupid they collect the longer it will take it them.

This is a single instance, I'm not one of your [Removed by Support] facebook friends. I will 100% meet you with the same ire and aggression you put forward, remember that.

Last edited by Kieran_GGG on May 22, 2018, 5:13:52 PM
"
DarkNRG wrote:
You can when it's tencent [Removed by Support] do some fucking research.

Last edited by Kieran_GGG on May 22, 2018, 5:15:00 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info