POE, will NOW start to become an even better and proper game (sorry old donors)

"
stuncc wrote:
But its the truth because,

Without you whining about every change
Without the pressure of having to listen to you
Without having to rely on you to survive
With Tencent cash flow and investment

GGG developers are now free to work on the game and truly use their skills to make path of exile even better and a proper game.

Thank you Tencent, your move to buy GGG have already indirectly made this game much better and given it some real fresh air, by starting to clean out the toxicity.

I know its hard to understand right now, especially early donors with the philosophy of "supporting an indy company" (which ggg wasnt btw, or hasnt been since many years), but the truth is POE is now out of the prison it has been for a long time, and will finally thrive on a rich community and people that enjoy playing it.

No matter what ways to profit Tencent will bring to the table, it will only be great for the game, and decentralise the power by stopping GGG from having to rely on donations from a few people.

Chis should also stop being involved in the community so much, it only brings the old feeling back and slows/kills the growing.

Tencent should also make POE subscription based of $5 a month, and you should not be able to post on the forums without a subscription, just to make sure everyone with the right to speak is someone that actually plays the game or cares enough to pay the $5 just to use the forums, as I see so many people here, big tags or no tags and no challenges, that dont even play the game anymore, and only come to the forums to spread negativity one way or another.

I truly believe that great things will happen to poe from now on and a huge weight was freed from GGG shoulders!

Let POE be a game
Let GGG be a company (not a circle of jerks)

Play the game FOR the game!

Good luck to all.

PS: Just my 2 cents.

How much Tencent pays you?
"
kaksius wrote:
"
stuncc wrote:
But its the truth because,

Without you whining about every change
Without the pressure of having to listen to you
Without having to rely on you to survive
With Tencent cash flow and investment

GGG developers are now free to work on the game and truly use their skills to make path of exile even better and a proper game.

Thank you Tencent, your move to buy GGG have already indirectly made this game much better and given it some real fresh air, by starting to clean out the toxicity.

I know its hard to understand right now, especially early donors with the philosophy of "supporting an indy company" (which ggg wasnt btw, or hasnt been since many years), but the truth is POE is now out of the prison it has been for a long time, and will finally thrive on a rich community and people that enjoy playing it.

No matter what ways to profit Tencent will bring to the table, it will only be great for the game, and decentralise the power by stopping GGG from having to rely on donations from a few people.

Chis should also stop being involved in the community so much, it only brings the old feeling back and slows/kills the growing.

Tencent should also make POE subscription based of $5 a month, and you should not be able to post on the forums without a subscription, just to make sure everyone with the right to speak is someone that actually plays the game or cares enough to pay the $5 just to use the forums, as I see so many people here, big tags or no tags and no challenges, that dont even play the game anymore, and only come to the forums to spread negativity one way or another.

I truly believe that great things will happen to poe from now on and a huge weight was freed from GGG shoulders!

Let POE be a game
Let GGG be a company (not a circle of jerks)

Play the game FOR the game!

Good luck to all.

PS: Just my 2 cents.

How much Tencent pays you?

10 Cents!
We will see how it goes -
Hf :)
game is rather worth 10$ per month.

they could acknowledge previous support towards the game for a discounted premium membership.

seeing the uproar and unwillingness of people to support tencent (tbh they would even use alien invasions as an excuse not to support), that's a viable option for ggg.

especially since they could blame it on tencent.

if you watched baeclast ep23, in the end chris begged people to keep ssupporting, he knew what was coming and foresaw that disaster.

age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
I dont think they will be able to radically change the business model, certainly not any time soon. I think there will be more pressure on the game to keep the supporters happy than ever because its moving from needing to stay afloat to needing to make a profit large enough to keep tencent happy with the returns on their investment.
"
xMustard wrote:
why would anyone care where the money comes from or how its spent unless you're actually a part of GGG itself?
99.999999999% of the people who play wouldn't and shouldn't care about such matters. sure, maybe you do, but even then you're not entitled to anything from GGG. the amount they've already catered to you and other rulers is pretty damn extreme.

You would probably buy oil from ISIS for cheap but don´t speak for others.
Last edited by Rakiii on May 22, 2018, 6:58:45 AM
"
Rakiii wrote:
"
xMustard wrote:
why would anyone care where the money comes from or how its spent unless you're actually a part of GGG itself?
99.999999999% of the people who play wouldn't and shouldn't care about such matters. sure, maybe you do, but even then you're not entitled to anything from GGG. the amount they've already catered to you and other rulers is pretty damn extreme.

Have you examples that don't involve virtue signalling over an entirely unrelated aspect of the matter at hand? If Tencent is supposedly the same as ISIS, then I'm also supposedly the same as Jack Kevorkian.
1337 21gn17ur3
"
"
Rakiii wrote:
"
xMustard wrote:

Have you examples that don't involve virtue signalling over an entirely unrelated aspect of the matter at hand? If Tencent is supposedly the same as ISIS, then I'm also supposedly the same as Jack Kevorkian.

I don't know that he compared those two things my dude, nice touch with the virtue signaling bit. What he did do was insinuate that xMustard might make sketchy judgement calls without thinking about them.

Now presenting! Venom ink; malice in the pen, poison on the paper, anger in the mind.

Brought to you by Dat LLC, in partnership with Harassment Industries.

*Disclaimer* No actual products are being sold, shipped or presented. *End of disclaimer*
I think OP got it wrong. This game is still based on donation, aka "good will" to finance itself. Becoming an arrogant "we don't give a fk about what the players think", is the opposite of what will achieve monetization.

Tencent made an investment (bought off GGG top brass to move aside), which means they need to recuperate the investment before they can start making money. Do you think that flinging the middle finger to the players is a good strategy to achieve that?

In the end PoE might really need to become subscription based. INB4 20 dorra / month...

E:
In any case, I can't wait for PoE to become a "proper" game. Finally! :>
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
Last edited by morbo on May 22, 2018, 7:13:58 AM
"
HappyRogue wrote:
"
vio wrote:
game is rather worth 10$ per month.

they could acknowledge previous support towards the game for a discounted premium membership.

seeing the uproar and unwillingness of people to support tencent (tbh they would even use alien invasions as an excuse not to support), that's a viable option for ggg.

especially since they could blame it on tencent.

if you watched baeclast ep23, in the end chris begged people to keep ssupporting, he knew what was coming and foresaw that disaster.

Pleas from a true scumbag.

I like how Chris turned from messiah of gaming to "true scumbag" all of a sudden because he did something that was good for his company and its continued survival. Personally I wouldn't like to be dependent on the good will of a bunch of fellows screaming about how every change ruined the game and that Xbox was the beginning of the end either.
1337 21gn17ur3

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info