Time to look for a game ? Any recommendations ?

One that won't end up in Tencent , Activision and all the other big corpos.

IGN : Sir_Big
Last bumped on May 26, 2018, 3:37:15 AM
All the little drops end up in the ocean eventually.
Kitty's Guide On Post Formatting - view-thread/1913874
Carve yourself a chess set. At this point I don't know if I even believe in indie developers anymore.
Yeah, well nothing is a sure bet but I would say Grim Dawn, Wolcen, and the new game (only demo now) Last Epoch.
Censored.
Game in general?
Terraria is pretty damn awesome. Totally different type of game but AFAIK still independant and still getting updates (albeit very infrequently).
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
<message deleted by tencent>
Torchlight is good
Go outside. There's lots of fun sh1ts to do out there.
"
kolyaboo wrote:
Yeah, well nothing is a sure bet but I would say Grim Dawn, Wolcen, and the new game (only demo now) Last Epoch.

Any of those could end up under tencent who are apparently going for smaller game developers early and they don't care to much if they are competing games.

In fact you can pretty much bet that if it's doing well or looks like it will do well they'll be looking to take a chunk of it
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
"
Achilion wrote:
One that won't end up in Tencent , Activision and all the other big corpos.

Reinstall an older game, or one you haven't played, and play that.

Better yet, get an old game that has lots of mods out for it and install one of the higher-rated mods you haven't played.

CivIV, Sins of a Solar Empire, the Total War series, Star Wars: Empire at War, etc.. Sure, they're a different genre, but they have some great potential for roleplaying, action, fiddling with fiddly bits and min/maxing.

Terraria is a great game, as someone suggested. It's also got really good instant-feedback and such, so it'd fit right in with what an ARPG'er might like. There's also twenty-bajillion gig of mods out there for Skyrim that you haven't played, yet. There's some big stuff being worked on with "Beyond Skyrim" mods, too, if that's your thing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wB0Xw1LzEYM

There are also plenty of other free games out there, some of them truly "free" with nothing at all to even buy, much less anything you'd have to buy. (Mostly indie alpha/beta games, of course.)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info