TheoryCrafting phys traps

I. Misc
I just watched the Seismic trap and god damn I fell in love with that skill. Reminded me of Tremor in MKX. So I hope we can theorycraft an insane ass build.
Spoiler
Just a heads up beforehand, I never made a build of my own because I'm just unable to, but I hope with this discussion thread I can learn a thing or two and make something of my own that could shaper or even elder.

II. Early game
Anywho, I was trying to come up with some crazy ideas for the phys trap build. So when we start, the only trap skill we could use is the explosive trap which is also a phys trap. Combine that with the Whetstone recipe:
Spoiler
Physical damage recipe: weapon + blacksmith’s whetstone + rustic sash. The improved physical damage value will rely on rarity of your rustic sash;
Sash will give you 20-49% physical harm
Sash will give you 50-69% physical damage
Sash will provide you with - 70-89% physical damage on your weapon.
you could look for some serious DMG and that skill doesn't have charges:

Ziggy does mention you get the fire trap later on so we could use that as area clearing and explosion trap for bossing purposes.

III. Mid game
You get Seismic at lvl 28 so we could drop the fire trap completely as well as the weapon if we can get one of our main items: Facebreaker. We could have ST + FA + Maim and later on at lvl 38 IAoE as a 4th socket.
IV. Late game
Abyssus
Have a 4soc belly of the beast
V. ??

Any more ideas?
Last bumped on May 21, 2018, 8:48:47 AM
Does Facebreaker work with traps?
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Does Facebreaker work with traps?

I figure we're adding phys damage therefore it should work
Ah... the old "I figured" reasoning. Must be true then.

It depends on if the damage is considered an unarmed attack. We'll have to wait and see.
Last edited by Shagsbeard on May 20, 2018, 1:03:43 PM
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Ah... the old "I figured" reasoning. Must be true then.

It depends on if the damage is considered an unarmed attack. We'll have to wait and see.

See the first spoiler it explains the old "I figured" reasoning.
I'm working on a sabateur physical trapper, going for spell damage, global physical damage, maybe some cast speed, aoe, and most of the trap nodes. (Plus life and es)
"
LeRusse wrote:

I just watched the Seismic trap ....

Any more ideas?

I don't think they're going to be attacks. 99.9% they're spells like the other traps. Plus, GGG already mentioned that Seismic trap's stomping is cut in half when you get 100% increased cast speed, so it must be a spell ;)
"Wealth in a game is measured by the amount of fun, joy and entertainment you can get out of it".
-Mythabril
there is 0% chance its considered unarmed as usual, if you want to scale it your best off with generic spell damage i suspect, straight phys % with no hangups is rare on the tree, you can use a cold steel gem to get a bit more out of cold nodes.

I wouldn't invest too much into planning the build out until you've seen the trr changes though as trappers are very point constrained already so the upcoming passive tree tweaks should help things.
Last edited by Draegnarrr on May 20, 2018, 1:17:28 PM
"
Draegnarrr wrote:
there is 0% chance its considered unarmed as usual, if you want to scale it your best off with generic spell damage i suspect, straight phys % with no hangups is rare on the tree, you can use a cold steel gem to get a bit more out of cold nodes.

I wouldn't invest too much into planning the build out until you've seen the trr changes though as trappers are very point constrained already so the upcoming passive tree tweaks should help things.

They release the trees before the release of rework?
"
LeRusse wrote:
They release the trees before the release of rework?

They have shown some of the tree but until the patch notes I don't think we will know the full changes.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info