Game requires too much to play comfortably

I really want to play the xbox one version and keep supporting it, but it is requires insanely much:

1. Xbox one X . If you have original xbox one or xbox one S, you better forget about playing poe because of very poor perfomance and much lags.
2. External SSD 256gb. Without it, you will spend half of your gameplay time watching loading screens.
3. Wire connection. If your xbox is connected using wi-fi, there will be connection spikes and crashes.

To summarize all, I'm very frustrated. As a big fan of poe, hope there will be improvements someday.
Last bumped on May 27, 2018, 12:26:31 PM
dude, xbox one x has poor performance too.
connection spikes and crashes happen with wired connection too

to summarize it all, this game is garbage/

i also want to keep supporting it, but this shit is nasty. frustrating is a very apt word to use.
Hey peeps, it's a me, rangerDanger.
I play on normie xbox..
I have lvl 88,89 and 82 characters.

Beastiary is doable but sometimes i kinda loose it..
Just did a couple balfry maps and died 4 times on one kitava encounter.. basically if you die once it becomes luck based.

You enter and see no animations, you just die in the middle of an empty room. Then 5seconds after you died shit starts popping up.

I always wait like 5 seconds when i enter a map so the game has time to load.

Flashback is terrible.. too much stuff going on all the time.

You can somewhat play on norm/s but do not make certain builds.
Stopped leveling a molten srtike build at around lvl 40.. i dont think xbox can handle it.

You're right about the external ssd. I started using one and it improved my gaming experience a lot. But i think this is something people recommend you to do for any xbox game.
For the wi-fi part, well, playing like that it's been a big no-no probably since the beginning of online gaming.. if you are in one of those situations that it's impossible to get it connected with a wire, buy a cheap wireless tp link router and use it to bridge your connection. That helped me back in the day because I also have the first xbox one and it totally has a shitty wireless card..
What you can add, is also the xbox elite controller, if you want to use all 5 flasks efficiently.

And yeah the XBox One X has on its own already way shorter loading times. Everytime I play on the old, I kinda go nuts, when it takes ages to load. When you by accident, use the portal instead of the mapping device and you have to wait almost a min to get back... very frustrating.
"
UsualNickname wrote:

2. External SSD 256gb. Without it, you will spend half of your gameplay time watching loading screens.

I am using an external drive with 1 TB space on it and every game is just fine, loading extremely fast. Except Path of Exile! I have to wait 15-20 seconds when I am entering a new map. I really thought its just an issue with the game but as I played last week for an hour, I had loading times which were only around 5 seconds. One day later, they were back at 15-20s.

I think its not an issue with the XBox One S or the external drive itself, its more likely that their XBox servers are just not as good as the one they are using for the PC version. And yes, I am playing the PC version and never waited longer than 5s to load a new map. And my computer (notebook) is much worse than my Xbox, playing on lowest settings with 15 FPS average.

I really like the idea of playing PoE on XBox and I hope they will fix the loading time and come up with something like poe trade (since the current way to trade stuff is bad, like my english). But until then, I have to stick with my 15 FPS PC version.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info