Dialogue bug with Catarina after hitting level 3.

Apologies if this is not formatted correctly, first time posting here.

Noticed Catarina of the Dead has a dialogue bug when you hit level 3 and she gives the usual speech about the hideout discussions. However i only unlocked level 3 in Act 5 but she gave the discussion about meeting back in the forest encampment.

Thought to let the relevant mods/dev staff know

Last bumped on May 21, 2018, 1:25:25 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
This is a hold over from before 3.0 as before then the only place she would be was the forest encampment whether it be in normal, cruel or merciless difficulty but since 3.0 she appears in the forest encampment, bridge encampment and Oriath square (epilogue).
My guess is that she kept her old dialogue as it was easier on the developers so they don't need to chance all the master's dialogues and add in an argument for the which dialogue is used.
And it is very irritating, if she is already invited to the hideout...

So I think they should find a better text (which fits them all). This happens also for other masters.
Last edited by Th69 on May 21, 2018, 1:15:44 AM
To replace the text, they need to be able to replace the VO, which means either 1) getting all of the original voice actors back in for a new recording session, or, 2) paying a huge amount of money to have all of the VO for a master redone so that he or she only has a single voice.

Some of the original VAs may not be available, and Chris can’t just stand in for Catarina’s actress if she isn’t around. There’s a huge amount of VO needing done for FoO, and I’m sure they’ve plans to gradually get bits recorded as different actors become available again.

They’re probably also acutely aware of how many people playing the game do so with the Dialogue volume set to 0. That doesn’t mean that they won’t bother doing it, but it likely does impact how willing they may be to set money on fire to get it done sooner rather than later.
“Please understand that imposing strong negative views regarding our team on to other players when you are representing our most helpful forum posters is not appropriate.” — GGG 2022

----

I'm not 'Sarno' on Discord. I don't know who that is.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info