Issue with skills supported by both Trap and Remote Mine Supports

Hi. So I was doing a bit of build testing for the upcoming league, and it looks like there's a minor bug with skills supported by both Remote Mine and Trap Supports, or for native Trap skills that are also supported by Remote Mine.

As far as I can tell, the bug is that when these two supports are combined, the resulting mine that lays traps doesn't use the player's Mine Detonation Area in order to target where these traps are thrown; instead, it seems to use some other amount of area as a "new" Mine Detonation Area, significantly reducing where it will try to "throw" the traps.

One further thing to note: this bug doesn't seem to occur consistently across all skills. For example, a level 1 Ethereal Knives Trap Mine I tested with requires enemies to be much closer in order to get a trap "throw" than a level 1 Bladefall Trap Mine, Ice Spear Trap Mine, or Storm Call Trap Mine. A level 1 Fire Trap Mine or Firestorm Trap Mine, on the other hand, will not "throw" regardless of enemy positioning. So I can't really help posit any ideas as to what might be causing it - hell, it may even be intentional and I just couldn't find anything on it.

Either way, I'd appreciate knowing what, if anything, comes from this. Thanks!

edit: Also, and this is tangentially related, it looks like Minefield's Mine Damage multiplier is applying to these sorts of traps' tooltip damage despite the fact that these trap-mine contraptions are supposed to be exclusively Trap Damage, given that they receive no damage increase from the Remote Mine Support. So there's another bug in there somewhere.

edit2: Thanks to some more testing and the valiant efforts of some folks over on the reddit Discord server, it looks like we've discovered that whether a mine will throw or not depends on whether a player at the mine's position namelocked to the enemy in question would naturally cast or walk toward the enemy instead. If they'd walk toward the enemy, the mine just lays the trap at its current position. If they'd cast, the mine "throws" the trap at the enemy with a few exceptions - those being most of the native trap skills (Fire Trap, Conversion Trap, etc.) and things like Firestorm and Vortex, which seem to be naturally considered player-centered skills and thus just drop the trap on top of the mine. As to whether or not this is intended behavior is anyone's guess, but I'll consider it a bug and report it just in case it's something GGG wants to fix.
Last edited by TherosPherae on May 21, 2018, 1:51:23 AM
Last bumped on May 28, 2018, 7:51:14 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info