Price checking?

Regarding issues related to trade and inflated market value across console PoE, I’d like to have a reliable source for price checking. I played PC for awhile and have now converted to Xbox. I have not acquired the art of pricing Rares yet and would tip for services. Gt: iNFaMiZe Apala
Last bumped on May 19, 2018, 11:39:01 PM
It's not really possible to just "price" a rare item without looking at the market.

For a brief overview: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dwu4vhZwwU

For a playlist for in-depth discussions for each slot: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONCkKvfBZCs&list=PL4aZrsY9M5qA8WLD2MsKMfuVtc6YJnHX0

First - Xbox prices are likely going to be inflated a bit. If you look up prices on poe.trade, the XBox price is likely going to be 1.5 to 2x the price or more. (Often more.)

Good rares are going to likely have the affixes only available for their particular gear slot, some life, and some resist(s). If you see a single-digit score for life or resist, that's basically a wasted slot for an affix on a rare. Unless it has great stats and slot-specific affixes.

Life, resists, +damage, leach, +elemental damage, attack speed, run speed, are all great properties to have, some that can only be found on items in certain gear slots. Learn those.

You don't have to put a price on everything. This league, I haven't priced anything. I just dump it in a tab and keep moving. Why? The market is nuts. The only thing I ever priced were items that I knew had good worth and it wasn't worth my time to deal with having to refuse low-ball bids. For all the regular rares and the like, I just left it blank... No, I'd rather price them, sure. BUT, the market on XBox is nuts. I'd rather check the item category after I receive a bid if I'm not sure than have to go back and keep adjusting prices every day.

G3 has said that they hope to make certain things easier for us, like searching for items. Not "too" easy, just easier. If they can open up the api for us, then maybe we can end up with something like poe.trade, which will make things much easier. Somehow, I doubt they will make it that easy, since we already have "instant trades."

Take your cue from the market. Learn the slot-specific affixes, learn the most desirable affixes in gear for that slot, then start putting stuff up for sale. The stuff that you price that sells? Then, you know you did it right. The stuff that doesn't? Maybe you didn't do it right.. :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info