Need help inproving my dps

Hi all,

Recently started this engaging game and have been playing for about 4 days now. Been reading the forums a bit and decided to go with the LS Templar build. Thanks for the great guide CNKalmah!

My templar is now lvl29 and I currently have only 138DPS and just started Act3 normal. Not sure if that is sufficient as I read on a thread that others have their dps at over 300 at lvl31-32.

So my question is, what am I missing that my dps is so far behind. I am not sure how to link my build and my gear. Once I know how to do that, I will link them so it will be easier for you to see where I am at.

I think I over leveled Tempest Shield and Wrath as I can't have both up at the same time because I don't have enough mana to cast the totem (only 51 mana left with both up)

The gems I have on now are :
Wrath
Lightning Strike/Added Lightning Dmg
Ice Nova
Arc
Heavy Strike
Shield Charge
Enduring Cry
Shockwave Totem/Added Lightning Dmg
Tempest Shield.
Fire Trap

So any help and advice will be much appreciated and welcomed.

Thanks in advance guys.

LS is a melee skill so basically your DPS all comes down to what weapon you're rocking. This "late" into the open beta you'll be able to pick up pretty much anything that will double of triple your dps for no currency at all.

Other than that LS is extremely dependant on your support gems as well as it's not the strongest skill out there and here's you're missing the mother of all LS support gems - weapon elemental damage. Drop your added lightning dmg gem and get your hands on one of these instead ASAP!
IGN Standard: HolyPatman
IGN Anarchy: UnholyPatman

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info