upgrading my pc, any tech savi people?

"
Boem wrote:

New SSD hard drive(install windows 10 clean --> from windows 7, how i will miss you)

Just made this jump as well. I hate Windows 10. I don't want to open the start menu and see a bunch of political headlines. Crap.
"
frenzul wrote:
"
Boem wrote:

New SSD hard drive(install windows 10 clean --> from windows 7, how i will miss you)

Just made this jump as well. I hate Windows 10. I don't want to open the start menu and see a bunch of political headlines. Crap.

Right-click -> Unpin.

Not rocket science. It's pretty customizable to whatever you want it to be.

@Boem the SSD is a huge help. I know they've updated on their side since but when I initially got my SSD a few years ago, the initial loading of the game went from 1min+ to a few seconds. Game changer.
A good short term plan would be to update your GPU then save for a new CPU/MOBO, etc. This way you can continue playing all the way up to the point where you have all your new gear and your ready to build your new box.

If you have never built a computer before, youtube will help! It's really easy.

Note:
You will need 2 SSD's. a 128gb or bigger for C: and a 512gb or bigger for a gaming drive.
And please, use Windows 10. GL!
This is not my real account. Only used for forum posts. :P
Last edited by QzumiaTheFeared on May 17, 2018, 10:36:31 AM
"
Namcap wrote:

Not rocket science.

Every posters motto on this damn forum.
If you are getting a new hard drive I would very much recommend the samsung evo 960 best darn drive out there
I dont see any any key!
I leave the choices up to him, these people build my pc eight years ago and usually people react surprised when i tell them it can still run PoE pretty stable.

I figure they are doing something right :), gave him my old spec info and he immediately narrowed it down to an SSD drive and a gpu upgrade so i'm pretty confident he knows what he is up to.

Seems like samsung is the go to for SSD drives i suppose? Anyway i heard him saying samsung when talking about the SSD so i'm sure it's going to be one of those, which is good news?

And yeah it's gonna take a while to get used to windows 10 i reckon, i enjoyed windows 7 a lot, specifically because you can mess around with it's configuration and settings so much. And i hear windows 10 is a lot more "locked down"?
Guess i'll have to do some research and get used to the new OS.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Windows 10 is just big, goofy and flashy. I don't like the app feel to it. Either way, it's not a huge deal just like clean stuff. I've got PoE on SSD now and its an entirely new experience.

Excited for ya bud. New PC's are fun.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info