Bestiary League Playerbase Decimated by Flashback Event

Very sad to say but the league playerbase on Xbox is too small to withstand something like this flashback event. I can't play this game full time like some others and even though we are deep into Bestiary I needed our playerbase to remain in order to trade for currency and gear I needed to complete my goals. Once the Flashback Event began, those of us still concentrating on Bestiary were left in a ghost town. I have been all in on this game but the negatives on Xbox are just becoming too many to continue working through. I think I'm really close to the end of my rope. If the positives dont start catching up to the negatives fairly soon I'm sad to say I'm moving on. Away from POE or maybe I'll bite the bullet and start from scratch on pc where this game can be played as intended. I have been playing since launch on Xbox and I am of the opinion the Xbox version is doomed. I have noticed since Harbinger that most casuals dont stick around very long and that's a really bad thing for a game that needs a healthy playerbase for trading. Throw in a Flashback event and suddenly the dynamics have changed to the point it's really frustrating. I needed those people with the helm enchantment I was saving for to still be around, and of the measly 5 there were not a single one of them is. You can't even find a Dying Sun to buy at any cost. I've invested a lot of time,(and money) into this game but it is a pc game, period.

I'm sure there is little to no chance of GGG allowing me to transfer all my mtx's to pc so it's a tough realization I made a poor $250 investment.
Last bumped on May 18, 2018, 1:46:35 PM
Dying sun is very hard to get on xbox, atempts aint growing on trees and shaper is slightly laggy so you need to be extra experienced/well geared to kill him on xbox.

I have only one advice wich I understand you dont like, accept the situation and build up new hype for the next league instead.
Yea, I hear where you are coming from. Your suggestion was my attitude at the beginning of this league, as much of the content is nearly impossible on my system. I'm on a wireless connection and as soon as the fights get rowdy, it's freeze and disconnect time. I've been thinking of having the cable company come out and wire the room I play in, but now that we have this new issue with temp leagues I'm not sure it's worth the effort.

Dying Sun's have been beneficial for all three of my builds and buying one was easy for me in Harby and Abyss,(although pricey). They were a couple of exalts more expensive this league,(jumped up from 5 to 6ex up to 8ex) which is why I ended up putting it off and then flashback happened and they disappeared.

There is one thing about Xbox that might keep me hopeful on better days than today. Since items are more rare on Xbox it means that I have a decent chance of having a couple good drops a season worth several exalts. I realize that would dry up considerably for a part time player like me on pc. Kaoms heart and B of the B are fairly uneventful sales on pc and a sweet drop is one of my favorite features of POE.

Maybe I'll stick around and see how Incursion goes,(I think that's what the 3.3 league is called). I watched the preview yesterday and the graphics look like they are more polished than previous leagues. I also think the concept adds some cool strategies for setting up your vaal temple. I'm also interested to see how the rework of the vaal skills end up.

I love this damn game. But I hate our limited playerbase, the constant lags and disconnects, and more than anything I HATE THAT I STILL CANT PRICE AN ENTIRE TAB! If 3.3 means I can REALLY price an entire tab of maps and it stays that way, that might just be enough to keep me hopeful.
On a positive note, I was able to purchase Dr's at a steal this season. My average price was about 6ex each!
What I see here is that POE with each passing league becomes less rewarding, nerf over nerf, no more maps, every currency is geared towards buying maps. Market has no elaborate search system, we receive a filter and that's it, nor to have an automatic purchase without having to wait for confirmation.

I was playing this flachback and I ended up being even more frustrated, I lost the elder's ring by the atlas in three times, that was missing two to three maps to close, but the problem was not even that, but not being able to spend all currency to support it, and yesterday I spent 8 exalt on fuse not to get a 6L.
I see all this event of 3 mods per hour in the flashback, but it does not drop some expensive item, it arrives until falling 5x even rare in the day, the only one that saved was Cadiro Perandus.
I'm not sure I agree with you on some of your points. When you say nerf after nerf, the fact is that there are many builds you can still have crazy high dps with facetank defense for most content. I'm not the guy that is able to use one of these elite builds, but they exist,(and this angers the pc purists).

8ex is not enough to even come close to the average 6L. You didn't get lucky and hit your 6L in just over half the recommended fuses and your mad about it? That's RNG dude, use vorici next time like I do for guaranteed 6L if you dont enjoy the gamble.

I actually think the Flashback Event is kinda cool and I like the currencies your talking about. I just dont like that it meant Bestiary was effectively over on XBOX and without much of a warning. Maybe we would be better off without these temp leagues on XBOX since we can't afford to split up our tiny playerbase.
"
Pbfloyd2112 wrote:
I'm not sure I agree with you on some of your points. When you say nerf after nerf, the fact is that there are many builds you can still have crazy high dps with facetank defense for most content. I'm not the guy that is able to use one of these elite builds, but they exist,(and this angers the pc purists).

8ex is not enough to even come close to the average 6L. You didn't get lucky and hit your 6L in just over half the recommended fuses and your mad about it? That's RNG dude, use vorici next time like I do for guaranteed 6L if you dont enjoy the gamble.

I actually think the Flashback Event is kinda cool and I like the currencies your talking about. I just dont like that it meant Bestiary was effectively over on XBOX and without much of a warning. Maybe we would be better off without these temp leagues on XBOX since we can't afford to split up our tiny playerbase.

Friend the nerfs of drops and rewards are there and some of the forum here does not accept that. I made all the content of Harbinger league and Abyss, the 157 maps and uber Atziri and Vaal temple, I also tested all types of build in this game.
In Harbinger League I made the Shaper's Realm every day and sold T15 maps to 10 chaos, in Abyss league I made 5-6 link in less than 200 fusing and it was a league that had drope of exalted every day, except that the map drops red started bad here, inflating the whole market.

https://1drv.ms/v/s!AvYpW-tFy-mNjEunSxW0w-6ZSDQ4

As for Bestiary league, the drop went into the red beasts which in this case are more difficult to kill than much of the game boss.

I know everyone here wants the best for you, whether in profit with the company and with fun of the players, will have the people who disagree and the people who defend the GGG, so what I see here are some wanting improvements and others against, if these folks come together to really recommend these improvements, but what is happening is this abandonment on the part of those who are tired of waiting without having results and many of the postings neither being read and answered.
Last edited by stark_47 on May 15, 2018, 11:14:10 AM
"
Pbfloyd2112 wrote:
Yea, I hear where you are coming from. Your suggestion was my attitude at the beginning of this league, as much of the content is nearly impossible on my system. I'm on a wireless connection and as soon as the fights get rowdy, it's freeze and disconnect time. I've been thinking of having the cable company come out and wire the room I play in, but now that we have this new issue with temp leagues I'm not sure it's worth the effort.

Dying Sun's have been beneficial for all three of my builds and buying one was easy for me in Harby and Abyss,(although pricey). They were a couple of exalts more expensive this league,(jumped up from 5 to 6ex up to 8ex) which is why I ended up putting it off and then flashback happened and they disappeared.

There is one thing about Xbox that might keep me hopeful on better days than today. Since items are more rare on Xbox it means that I have a decent chance of having a couple good drops a season worth several exalts. I realize that would dry up considerably for a part time player like me on pc. Kaoms heart and B of the B are fairly uneventful sales on pc and a sweet drop is one of my favorite features of POE.

Maybe I'll stick around and see how Incursion goes,(I think that's what the 3.3 league is called). I watched the preview yesterday and the graphics look like they are more polished than previous leagues. I also think the concept adds some cool strategies for setting up your vaal temple. I'm also interested to see how the rework of the vaal skills end up.

I love this damn game. But I hate our limited playerbase, the constant lags and disconnects, and more than anything I HATE THAT I STILL CANT PRICE AN ENTIRE TAB! If 3.3 means I can REALLY price an entire tab of maps and it stays that way, that might just be enough to keep me hopeful.

One, the beastiary league was going to be dead this month anyway, what this temp race did is hopefully keep more of those players coming back for the next league which is getting a lot of hype, I am really hopeful we will have a nice bump in usage next month.

As for pricing, they actually added that for a few days last league and the UI for it was terrible, it will be coming again once they iron it out.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info