IMSilver's top 3 taboo/weird meats

Interacting with Dolphins IRL made me not want to ever eat them. Cows, chickens and pigs can suck it though.
anything is everything
"
Manocean wrote:

Interacting with Dolphins IRL made me not want to ever eat them.

I agree with you.
Censored.
1. Emu. Yum, dark and looks a little bit like beef but is really tasty.
2. Kangaroo. Very lean, has a nice flavour, not too gamey. Just don't overcook it.
3. Camel. The meat has a nice texture and flavour.

1 and 2 are on our Coat of Arms here in Australia - both extremely edible :D

3 is feral.

All make great burgers, Emu Stroganoff is divine, and Roo Bolognese is good too.
😹😹😹😹😹
I do not and will not use TFT.
Gaming Granny :D
🐢🐢🐢🪲🪲🪲
I have eaten camel and emu but not roo. Not sure about eating roos. But again, I'm not sure I would call those taboo.
Censored.
I hear human tastes pretty bad :^)
Oblivious
I make pork shawarma occasionally. Sacrilicious!
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
I ate squirrel before, and it wasn't too bad. There just isn't much meat on the little suckers. The one I ate was skewered and grilled with some spices on it. I would kill squirrels and eat them if I had to. But you're liable to burn more calories in the process of killing, cleaning, and cooking the squirrel than it provides. Unless you got an efficient process. Most people hunting them would walk into the woods and shoot a dozen of them, and clean them and smoke the meat or make jerky out of it.

Lots of edible plants grow wild around here. We got wild green onions, mint, mulberries, blueberries, wild apple trees, cherry trees, variety of mushrooms, etc, and places you can get salt around here. They call them salt licks. Basically, just boil the water till it evaporates, and you got salt in your pan. I could easily see throwing some animal in a pot with some salt + local wild plants and making a stew or something like that. I'm not in a bad area to make a transition into post-apocalyptic times. There is plenty to eat around here.
Last edited by MrSmiley21 on May 13, 2018, 11:13:29 AM
1. Bear: a bit oily, but good in stews.

2. Kangaroo: the jerky my Aussie friend gave me smelled horrible and didn't taste much better, but that's the only time I've had it.

3. Horse: Both cooked and raw (sashimi), it is delicious. Love riding them too.

4. Snails: Great when prepared ajillo-style, and go really well with focaccia bread.

5. Chicken sashimi: Probably the one that will gross people out the most here, I spent an evening in a restaurant which specializes in various raw chicken parts, including the wattle, fatty bits, organ meats, and even feet. Surprisingly tasty, if you can keep an open mind.

6. Whale: Only had it raw, and it was a bit too chewy for me, but it has beefy overtones that many like. In the old days this was commonly included in school lunch in Japan. Those days are long gone.
Wash your hands, Exile!
Last edited by gibbousmoon on May 23, 2018, 3:46:08 AM
oooohhhhh bear stew sounds DELICIOUS!
"
Disrupted wrote:
I hear human tastes pretty bad :^)

From who? Everything I have ever read says they taste like pork. You should probably thoroughly cook them though, they are probably infested.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info