Why we can not have dungeon-loot system?

I think that system like that would make game much more better! In my opinion, long dungeon (for example very big map, or few in row like lab - but much harder) with long (i did not mean "hard" - just not 3sec-melting fight) boss fight with lootbox system on the end would be much more rewarding.

Boss fighting in mmo games is always most funny and exciting (because of loot promise), but in poe bosses are not rewarding at all - its pretty understandable because maps are short and easy - why we can not change it? Why we can not have boss-loot-box (like atziri of shaper) with types of unique items connected to unique boss? It would make boss hunting much more interesting and rewording, dont U think?
Last bumped on May 3, 2018, 2:38:40 PM
A boss can drop anything from a wisdom scroll to a mirror, so they most certainly are potentially rewarding.

Going forward I am sure the GGG roadmap includes many interesting additions to end-game. Certainly I know there are a few staff who would like to see certain div cards more closely tied to bosses/maps.

We will have to wait and see what transpires in the future. I am very happy with maps/bosses as it stands, but if GGG sees fit to improves things some how, well great.
OCEANIC EXILES https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/581434
Because as has previously been show, "chests" are so desirable that it has to have next to no content or players WILL skip the entire map, twat the boss and raid the box and do this constantly as fast as they can(see lab speed clears)

And just because you find a boss hard or takes longer than you may like dose not mean there are not builds that would just about be able to do it afk or in seconds.
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
I would also like to clarify that we do N O T use "lootbox" for terms where there isn't a company attempting to grub money from you. We call in-game objects "chests", and in PoE's case "Strongboxes".

Imagine having to pay $5 after beating a boss to open a "lootbox".
"
LeetbakaDX wrote:
I would also like to clarify that we do N O T use "lootbox" for terms where there isn't a company attempting to grub money from you. We call in-game objects "chests", and in PoE's case "Strongboxes".

Imagine having to pay $5 after beating a boss to open a "lootbox".

yeah, my mistake, i should write "% loottables bound to boss" like atziri and shaper have, well u get it anyway.
Because any time you add new content like that, you make the other 99% of the content worthless.

Your game would be "better" for about a week, and then you'd be here asking them to upgrade maps to the level of your dungeon.

Here's an idea: Put five maps in your inventory. Run them. Tada! Instant "longer".
Last edited by Shagsbeard on Apr 30, 2018, 12:46:15 PM
Here's a separate idea that kind of works towards what the OP wants: If maps are run in a sequence, starting at T1, then T2, etc. without skipping or repeating tiers, a bonus to quantity is accumulated... say 2% per tier. That way, by the time you're at T15, you've got a 30% bonus to quantity. If you die, you lose it. If you run a map tier out of sequence, you lose it. If you don't kill a boss, you lose it.

Players could rush the bosses in the lower tiers if they want.

The question as to "is it worth it?": The bonus could be adjusted to make it a coin toss for most players.
Probably the only reason I still play PoE the amount I do is the chance that ANY mob will drop a decent or desirable item.

I don't want to go back to the decade I spent in MMOs - there is a reason I don't play them anymore.

I also don't want this game casualized like a phone app more than it already is (hello Master dailies) so that you do dungeon runs for chests and then they can add a time delay for opening the chests but if you spend 10 premium currency you can open the chest RIGHT NOW.

No thanks.
I'll just say that boss fight ending of loot explosions, is more boring than a chest being there. Even if it were exactly the same loot being dropped.

It's hard to explain but having items just drop like they do from any other monster, vs a chest or whatever else they could come up with, just feels boring to me. Not the loot, just the act of how it drops. Sure you can get something great but in the end it's just another monster you kill in a stream of 15000 before you get something good.

I personally could go for a 24 hour delay on boss chests.

There's no chance of GGG scamming into a "pay for another chest" etc anyway.

Anything is better than "just another dead monster but with twice as much IIQ".

Lots of things could be done.

And as a daily reset, it would give us extra desire to fight them.

I think the OP's idea is a little much for GGG but, something, anything, besides "dead monster items drop moving on" would be an improvement for bosses.
Bosses should remain unrewarding damage sponges, skipped 99% of the time.

This unique design is what keeps me playing.
This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info