Shaped Waste Pool or T14 drop rates bugged?

I've been trying to sustain Shaped Waste Pool for quite some time now, and failing miserably. I had everything up to T13 completed except for two unique maps, with Shaped Waste Pool as my only T14. Today I decided to uncomplete all T13 maps and shape Vaal Pyramid, with the thought that if Shaped Waste Pool failed to drop itself, it would at least drop Shaped Vaal Pyramid, and I would be able to at least sustain one of them. I purchased 3x Shaped Vaal Pyramid to start. I ran 4-5 Shaped Vaal Pyramid, and from that I got 5 Shaped Waste Pool, and have a Shaped Vaal Pyramid left over. I ran the 5 Shaped Waste Pool I got, and in return I got 1 Shaped Waste Pool and 0 Shaped Vaal Pyramid.

1 run of Shaped Waste Pool had left over sextants, but every run other than that was 20% quality and rare, including the Vaal Pyramid runs. None of the runs had Zana mods aside from the free 7% quantity. Every run was nearly full clear (< 20 mobs remaining) including the boss. None of the runs had elder or shaper influence. Something just doesn't seem right here.
Last edited by Flu_Like_Symptom on Apr 26, 2018, 1:41:43 AM
Last bumped on Apr 27, 2018, 12:58:49 PM
Shaped Waste Pool is pretty much impossible to sustain, there's just not enough mobs. Great density and layout, but probably less than half the total mobs of Underground Sea or Haunted Mansion.
"
poepoe091 wrote:
Shaped Waste Pool is pretty much impossible to sustain, there's just not enough mobs. Great density and layout, but probably less than half the total mobs of Underground Sea or Haunted Mansion.

Those are T5 and T6 maps, though. Waste Pool is a T9. What T9 is sustainable?
Last edited by Flu_Like_Symptom on Apr 26, 2018, 10:07:06 AM
Get elder/shaper influence, it helps a lot. I am sustaining t13-t16 all shaped but I don't expect to run a specific tier endlessly that's not how it works. Also "run 5 maps and get 5 maps back" isn't how it works either.
Last edited by ladish on Apr 26, 2018, 1:48:04 PM
"
"
poepoe091 wrote:

It's not really possible to sustain any single T14 indefinitely. Why would you want to, anyway? If you're going for a 100, Shaped Underground Sea is all you need, and if you're going for currency, there's far better methods than farming Shaped Waste Pool. You need to figure out what your actual goal is and then figure out the best way to do it.
"
ladish wrote:
Get elder/shaper influence, it helps a lot. I am sustaining t13-t16 all shaped but I don't expect to run a specific tier endlessly that's not how it works. Also "run 5 maps and get 5 maps back" isn't how it works either.

Yeah, no. I refuse to play that game of RNG hell.

And yeah, I know 5 maps isn't a good sample size. But for comparison, running 3 well rolled sextants, chisel, alch, and bloodlines on waste pool never came anywhere near that kind of sustain over the 50 or so maps I ran. I could never manage to sustain it, and always had to buy more maps. Whereas I was (and still am) having no problem sustaining Vaal Pyramid without using sextants.
"
poepoe091 wrote:
"
"
poepoe091 wrote:

It's not really possible to sustain any single T14 indefinitely. Why would you want to, anyway? If you're going for a 100, Shaped Underground Sea is all you need, and if you're going for currency, there's far better methods than farming Shaped Waste Pool. You need to figure out what your actual goal is and then figure out the best way to do it.

My goal is to run high tier maps and make a profit. But apparently GGG doesn't want us making a profit on high tier maps, so I guess I'll just uninstall and find a game that doesn't lock content behind RNG instead.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
"

My goal is to run high tier maps and make a profit. But apparently GGG doesn't want us making a profit on high tier maps, so I guess I'll just uninstall and find a game that doesn't lock content behind RNG instead.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Yeah, high tier maps kind of have no purpose at the moment, especially non-shaped maps. If it's profit you're interested in, maybe try guardians. You can make a pretty substantial profit running guardian maps, but that's closer to bossing than mapping, and there's just sooooo much micro managing to try and sustain.

Another option is to set up a perma elder loop on Haunted Mansion, use your elder orb on it to make it T16, roll a perfect map, mirror it repeatedly with beast crafting, and then sell all maps and elder bases and other drops you get. You can make a big profit that way, but again, the micro managing is cancer.

And in the end, the league is dead and Flashback is starting soon, so none of this is going to be effective anyway.

If you want to just farm for fun, I'd recommend T3 Burial Chambers. Doctors are a very rare but satisfying farm, and the farm itself is as easy and simple as it gets. Doctors always sell too, so that's nice.
"
poepoe091 wrote:
"

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Yeah, high tier maps kind of have no purpose at the moment, especially non-shaped maps. If it's profit you're interested in, maybe try guardians. You can make a pretty substantial profit running guardian maps, but that's closer to bossing than mapping, and there's just sooooo much micro managing to try and sustain.

Another option is to set up a perma elder loop on Haunted Mansion, use your elder orb on it to make it T16, roll a perfect map, mirror it repeatedly with beast crafting, and then sell all maps and elder bases and other drops you get. You can make a big profit that way, but again, the micro managing is cancer.

And in the end, the league is dead and Flashback is starting soon, so none of this is going to be effective anyway.

If you want to just farm for fun, I'd recommend T3 Burial Chambers. Doctors are a very rare but satisfying farm, and the farm itself is as easy and simple as it gets. Doctors always sell too, so that's nice.

Yeah I've tried perma elder a few times. There's just nothing fun about that RNG hell. It involves more trading than actual mapping, as you inevitably run out of the maps you need to keep elder influence on in order to prevent shaper from wiping out half your work. And then elder finally spawns, and the guardians spawn in a way that makes it impossible to set perma elder up, and you get to wipe the whole thing and start again. Maybe GGG will dig their head out of their ass and realize nobody likes this shit, in 2025.

I'm not even going to bother with uber elder for the elder orb. I already know that'll be even more frustrating than perma elder.
Last edited by Flu_Like_Symptom on Apr 27, 2018, 10:56:58 AM
"
I've been trying to sustain Shaped Waste Pool for quite some time now, and failing miserably. I had everything up to T13 completed except for two unique maps, with Shaped Waste Pool as my only T14. Today I decided to uncomplete all T13 maps and shape Vaal Pyramid, with the thought that if Shaped Waste Pool failed to drop itself, it would at least drop Shaped Vaal Pyramid, and I would be able to at least sustain one of them. I purchased 3x Shaped Vaal Pyramid to start. I ran 4-5 Shaped Vaal Pyramid, and from that I got 5 Shaped Waste Pool, and have a Shaped Vaal Pyramid left over. I ran the 5 Shaped Waste Pool I got, and in return I got 1 Shaped Waste Pool and 0 Shaped Vaal Pyramid.

1 run of Shaped Waste Pool had left over sextants, but every run other than that was 20% quality and rare, including the Vaal Pyramid runs. None of the runs had Zana mods aside from the free 7% quantity. Every run was nearly full clear (< 20 mobs remaining) including the boss. None of the runs had elder or shaper influence. Something just doesn't seem right here.

Most people now just run the T16 map craft it using beastiary perfect roll it and mirror it to run it.

Only a dumbass pays for a F2P game.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info