How would you rate the Brine King boss

Made a new char and forgot how bad this guy was.

1/10 for me.

Everything players hate about modern poe is summed up in this boss.

Last bumped on Apr 26, 2018, 4:17:37 PM
I don't mind 1-off fights having invulnerability phases etc... It's OK for it to be an annoying or difficult fight, since it's an Act boss.

Dominus has that like 20 second long transformation phase, for eg, but who cares?
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
Last edited by dudiobugtron on Apr 25, 2018, 5:58:52 PM
8/8
"
dudiobugtron wrote:

Dominus has that like 20 second long transformation phase, for eg, but who cares?

He doesnt deal damage while immune.
"
Chadwixx wrote:
"
dudiobugtron wrote:

He doesnt deal damage while immune.

You can dodge it with a bit of practice and damage dealt is not overtuned. Overall not bad.

In fact I think it´s one of the best designed boss in the game.

You can avoid his main attacks with a bit of practice and damage dealt is not fatal with good defense.

There isn´t too many adds or ground effect you can´t see.

Art design is also cool and all:)

Last edited by Rakiii on Apr 26, 2018, 5:33:53 AM
One of the easiest act bosses. Telegraphed attacks, moderate damage, interesting fight mechanics, equality in difficulty unrelated to build/play style, non-intrusive invulnerability phases.

8/10 for me
This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017
I like it, especially the visuals

phases that make the fight too long are annoying but its tolerable on Act boss. And no, the fight is not difficult at all

its your opinion, thats fine, but I have no idea where you got the confidence to speak for other people

"
Chadwixx wrote:

Everything players hate about modern poe is summed up in this boss.
IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
Last edited by Ludvator on Apr 26, 2018, 7:17:36 AM
He is hardly the most difficult new boss. Can safely facetank with enough levelling gear. Phases are annoying but the same can be said bout others new bosses.

The really tough ones are:

Kitava A5 (A10 is easier because you would gotten the desired ascendancies and levelled sufficiently)

Avarius A5 (A10 version is very easy)

Doedre A8 - run out of flasks if dont down her swiftly and the lever is still on cooldown

Gruthkul A7 - massive physical damage is nightmare to certain builds

Abberath A6 - hard to predict where the rocks would rain down and is doom if not fire res capped

The most annoying phases:

The scorpion in A9 - for that long and slow walk into her final enclosure
I agree with Jeerinho, I espeically hat Doedre A8 and Kitava A10 :(
"
jeerinho wrote:
Kitava A5 (A10 is easier because you would gotten the desired ascendancies and levelled sufficiently)

I think Act 5 is easier because you can just get some 1c gear and be very overpowered for your level. Act 10 is much harder for me because of the larger AoE of the burning ground thing.
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info