Does poison chance from Ascendant's Assassin apply to Chaos Damage support gems?

I need dexterity, but the only reason for me to take that node is if poison on hit from this node applies to supported chaos damage, because I am using elemental damage. Does that work? If not, what do you recommend doing about summoning 2 golems? The only other golem I see some use for is the one that adds cast speed and requires dexterity and intelligence.
Last bumped on Apr 19, 2018, 3:15:35 PM
All of the things you mentioned seem unrelated to each other.

Dexterity is pretty cool.

Poison from hit applies to all the skills you use yourself, and also that are used by your totems, traps or mines. It will take in to account added Chaos damage from the support, and from any other sources. It won't apply to your golems or other minions.

2 golems are kind of useful, depending on your build.

Neither of those two things you mentioned (poison chance, extra golem) are worth wasting an ascendancy node on unless you specifically need them for your build. They don't help most builds very much.

I would suggest posting your build here so people can suggest which node would be best for you. Assassin and elementalist nodes are both good, but it depends on your build.

If you genuinely only need one class node for your build, then you probably should just have been that class instead of scion.
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
Last edited by dudiobugtron on Apr 18, 2018, 4:00:07 AM
"
dudiobugtron wrote:
All of the things you mentioned seem unrelated to each other.

Dexterity is pretty cool.

Poison from hit applies to all the skills you use yourself, and also that are used by your totems, traps or mines. It will take in to account added Chaos damage from the support, and from any other sources. It won't apply to your golems or other minions.

2 golems are kind of useful, depending on your build.

Neither of those two things you mentioned (poison chance, extra golem) are worth wasting an ascendancy node on unless you specifically need them for your build. They don't help most builds very much.

I would suggest posting your build here so people can suggest which node would be best for you. Assassin and elementalist nodes are both good, but it depends on your build.

If you genuinely only need one class node for your build, then you probably should just have been that class instead of scion.

Well, I have a Scion, and I don't want to relevel anything because it's hell already with only 4 stash tabs and too low-end PC to launch two clients. So I'm sticking with Scion.

I don't have the patience to trade (I already spend hours every day sorting my equipment within the 4 tabs, and that's getting really annoying and unbearable), so I just work with what I get from random drops, so I'm not making a specific equipment build or something.

However, the idea of my "build" is freezing pulse for the most part, combined with HP, energy shield, and 30% damage taken from mana. I use clarity and just connecting gems in 4 and 3 linked socket equipment that I have (no +level to gems or whatever, some of my equipment is really low level, too).

If that is possible with my laid-back attitude towards the game that I play only for pleasure instead of rankings or something like that, what ascendancy nodes would you recommend?
The heirophant node is pretty good, even if you don't use totems that much. It might pay to get a totem once you get it though.

The elementalist node is also good, but certainly not because it lets you have 2 golems. Damage penetration, reduced reflection, 10% shocks even if you just have a small amount of lightning damage, all of these are useful, and better heralds is too if you run a herald (I suggest herald of thunder, if you don't have any lightning spell dmg on gear). Occultist would also be fine if your ES is high enough, especially if you have room to add another curse.

I really can't tell for sure without looking at your build, though. By your build, I mean your skill tree, gear, gems (including links), flasks etc...

----------
Above is all the solicited advice. If you want some unsolicited advice and maybe a hard truth or two, feel free to look in the spoiler:
Spoiler
If you have the patience to sort your stash, and the patience to post stuff on the forum, then you definitely have the patience to trade! Just sell all your crappy gear that you are stashing to a vendor (It's all crap, trust me), and use a chaos orb or two to spend 3 minutes buying some useful gear. Do you have two Freezing pulse threshold jewels, for eg? Also (without looking at your gear) I can confidently say you could get a much better weapon for 1c. Totally up to you how you want to play, though. I think the real issue is probably that you don't understand well which gear would be useful to your build (Thinking the assassin node is for poison and elementalist node is for golems, for eg) and you don't have the patience to try to learn all of that.
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
"
dudiobugtron wrote:
The heirophant node is pretty good, even if you don't use totems that much. It might pay to get a totem once you get it though.

The elementalist node is also good, but certainly not because it lets you have 2 golems. Damage penetration, reduced reflection, 10% shocks even if you just have a small amount of lightning damage, all of these are useful, and better heralds is too if you run a herald (I suggest herald of thunder, if you don't have any lightning spell dmg on gear). Occultist would also be fine if your ES is high enough, especially if you have room to add another curse.

I really can't tell for sure without looking at your build, though. By your build, I mean your skill tree, gear, gems (including links), flasks etc...

----------
Above is all the solicited advice. If you want some unsolicited advice and maybe a hard truth or two, feel free to look in the spoiler:
Spoiler
If you have the patience to sort your stash, and the patience to post stuff on the forum, then you definitely have the patience to trade! Just sell all your crappy gear that you are stashing to a vendor (It's all crap, trust me), and use a chaos orb or two to spend 3 minutes buying some useful gear. Do you have two Freezing pulse threshold jewels, for eg? Also (without looking at your gear) I can confidently say you could get a much better weapon for 1c. Totally up to you how you want to play, though. I think the real issue is probably that you don't understand well which gear would be useful to your build (Thinking the assassin node is for poison and elementalist node is for golems, for eg) and you don't have the patience to try to learn all of that.

Thanks for providing useful information, and I really liked your idea for unsolicited advice in a spoiler. :)

I don't use heralds because it adds very little damage and it reserves 35% of mana, which I use for survivability with 30% damage off and casting spells with very high cast speed. My ES is around 800 right now, so what exactly is high ES? But I don't use curses because they take time to cast and I obliterate everything in the time required for me to cast the curse unless it's some survivalistic special, then it's an extra second and I find that a lot more fun than casting a curse first. It would be useful with bosses in maps though I think, but since I can usually take only two hits, I wouldn't do so much damage before the curse wears off, so I just try to get as much damage as possible with every chance when the boss can't hit me. That way, I'd miss a lot of damage dealt and it would work out about the same in the end anyway.

I can show you my stuff if you tell me how to do that though. Or we could connect in the game and you could take a look that way, if you wish to spare some time helping me out?

As for the unsolicited advice, I could do trading if someone helped me out with it. I'm a lot more inclined to do things in company or for the first few times while I'm getting a feel for it and "mastering" it, then I lose interest unless the thing is actually interesting to me, and trading is unlikely to be that, but it's interesting to learn anything new. I do have two of those jewels though, haha. I would be much more inclined to learn a lot about this game if I had someone I'm talking to back and forth, reading about something like this, I indeed do not have patience for - when I feel up for reading, I read scientific articles for fun. :P

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info