Constructive tradeboard discussion

About instant buyouts

under "negotiable price" you could switch it to "instant buyout"

the pros to instant buyouts

ease of trading

the cons to instant buyouts

item mispricing could really hurt someone this really allows a player to fall victim to price fixing or just a simple brain fart

i mean if someone has made it to maps and they check the "ok i get it if i misprice an item and it gets instantly bought out im stupid and its all my fault button" i think they should be able to use it. (maybe tabwide instant buyout is too risky idk? well if they want it they should have it)

ease of trading could be bad? i mean i don't really see it. we're way WAY behind pc when it comes to ease of trading and even with instant buyouts i believe it will still be the case.

What if we didn't need instant buyouts? what if there was another way? :thinking:

Indicate AFK players

Offers in red would indicate AFK players.

This would allow us to see who is afk. Allowing us to conveniently buy items without needing instant buyouts. If someone had a ring you wanted really bad but they are afk oh no! thats ok put an offer up you know they will reply eventually because their xbox is on. but a map or something why would you have to roll the dice on whether you offer to an AFK player or not?

edit:
people leaving their xboxs on while away is super important to the xbox economy. as the league progresses the "offline" search is totally unusable. its simply filled with people who may simply never log back in again or not for a long period of time. If you are selling a big ticket item for someones build (like a starforge or a one of a kind rare) its very important to leave your xbox on or you literally just wont get the sale, and they wont get their item because no one uses offline search later in the league. being able to show who's afk would allow the economy to thrive without being damaged at the same time.

If someone who is offline, perhaps under the offline search you could highlight their item in green if they have been online in the past 24 hours?

or just allow it to be people in the past 24 hours show in red on "online" searches (ty ace ur a genius)

speaking of maps, what about bulk buying items?

currently there is a delay on offering to a single player (i believe to prevent harassment)
but this gets in the way when you are trying to buy multiple items from someone. maybe after they accept one of your offers the delay gets removed for 5 minutes?

Better trade board filters

currently theres still some great ways to filter items and you can search for 90% of what you need to
like "shaper influenced" or "item level: xx" or whatever

but (i believe?) you cant search for "item level 82+"
adding some more advanced items searches like that would go a long way.

Maybe add some other ways of "searching" not filtering.
right now there are predefined categories. you pick 1 handed axe then siege axe.
but what about new ones like ring > itemlevel (input item level) and it would only show item levels in that range? or custom searches altogether?

Please give your thoughts in here guys I'm sure theres alot of feedback we could give and keeping it all in one place with good discussion would help out ggg alot
Last edited by noodlezoo on Apr 16, 2018, 3:56:05 PM
Last bumped on Aug 18, 2018, 6:28:20 AM
I like it. I like it all. Been asking for it on the discord for a few leagues now.
Xbox Master Race

Join the Discord!

https://discord.gg/UCshcMS
+1 to this

If we also got the ability to price by tab that would be beneficial. Since money is the main motivator I can personally say that I would buy a few more quad tabs if I could use them to quickly list items for 1 chaos, 2 chaos, etc.
Last edited by AcePhoenyx on Apr 16, 2018, 3:35:18 PM
+1 to that. I would definitely buy 6 or 7 quads to just list my alt prices, chaos, Regals, etc.
Xbox Master Race

Join the Discord!

https://discord.gg/UCshcMS
First of all, thank you for putting in the time in an effort to improve the POE on Xbox experience - ultimately we all stand to benefit from the process. Having said that, you have not convinced me (yet) that AFK indicator ranks ahead of some sort of buyout mechanism.

I believe that you may have missed a big plus for B/O - an end to the sort of misleading pricing where an item is listed for a price that the seller never intends to honour. This is sort of the flip side to a price that the seller never intended to offer (a minus pointed out quite rightly in your post).

B/O is also a possible solution for the bulk buying scenario - I think B/O would work wonderfully with buying several maps quickly for example.

And as you pointed out, once "on-line" became a search criteria, leaving your character logged in resulted in far more offers than if one logged off - and people's natural reaction has degraded the value of the "on-line" criteria. Now I know nothing about how AFK is determined in the context of POE on Xbox, but I must ask if it is so robust that it cannot be worked around (like propping your controller so a trigger is depressed or doing something similar with a joystick). Because if AFK can be defeated, then the benefits will be diluted, much as with "on-line". And the next post will be one imploring GGG to fix "AFK".

Since I don't have a great solution for mistakes being made permanent by B/O, I can't really get all that righteous about our different choices (price by tab really ups the stakes with B/O mistakes). But I do still think that some sort of limited B/O (gradually expanding) is more desirable than an AFK indicator. (This only concerns priority, AFK does have value.)

And as much as I would like price by tab to be implemented, I expect that price by tab will put some big strains on the search function as the number of items for sale potentially sky rockets (which is not a reason to delay price by tab, just an observation). So yes to trade board search criteria upgrades.
I now comment in Forums with my Xbox account:

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/xbox/view-profile/walkjohn55
"
First of all, thank you for putting in the time in an effort to improve the POE on Xbox experience - ultimately we all stand to benefit from the process. Having said that, you have not convinced me (yet) that AFK indicator ranks ahead of some sort of buyout mechanism.

I believe that you may have missed a big plus for B/O - an end to the sort of misleading pricing where an item is listed for a price that the seller never intends to honour. This is sort of the flip side to a price that the seller never intended to offer (a minus pointed out quite rightly in your post).

B/O is also a possible solution for the bulk buying scenario - I think B/O would work wonderfully with buying several maps quickly for example.

And as you pointed out, once "on-line" became a search criteria, leaving your character logged in resulted in far more offers than if one logged off - and people's natural reaction has degraded the value of the "on-line" criteria. Now I know nothing about how AFK is determined in the context of POE on Xbox, but I must ask if it is so robust that it cannot be worked around (like propping your controller so a trigger is depressed or doing something similar with a joystick). Because if AFK can be defeated, then the benefits will be diluted, much as with "on-line". And the next post will be one imploring GGG to fix "AFK".

Since I don't have a great solution for mistakes being made permanent by B/O, I can't really get all that righteous about our different choices (price by tab really ups the stakes with B/O mistakes). But I do still think that some sort of limited B/O (gradually expanding) is more desirable than an AFK indicator. (This only concerns priority, AFK does have value.)

And as much as I would like price by tab to be implemented, I expect that price by tab will put some big strains on the search function as the number of items for sale potentially sky rockets (which is not a reason to delay price by tab, just an observation). So yes to trade board search criteria upgrades.

Let's be real here, instant buyouts are probably just not going to happen. :( I'm not trying to convince you that instant buyouts are inferior, just that being realistic ggg is probably against them so we need alternate solutions in the case they won't be added.
Also instant buyouts wouldn't just fix price fixing. Why? because theres no way instant buyouts would be forced on all items, you would have to enable it optionally on each your items.
I guess it would help in the sense of "well this guy's is only listed for 5c but its not instant buyout so its probably a price fixer"

The trade board would be so dead if AFK players were kicked. The current system really sucks for handling AFK players, but simply booting them offline would do more damage than good I think.

I don't believe players would attempt to circumvent the AFK flag on their listings. at least not nearly as many as the people AFKing, and honestly they wouldn't need to even leave their xbox on 24/7 anymore as you could make it so people who have logged on in the past 24 hours show in red on "online" searches.

The trade board is working as intended.

Please read the long post about it in dev.

The second we get instant buyouts is the same second when itemflipping is the best way to make money.
Same thing applies to forced pricing.

On pc finding items is easy but then you need to meet the guy ingame.
On xbox buying is easy but the search for the right item takes effort.

Allowing players to send too many offers would lead to players sending loads of lowball offers to players hoping someone does not know the right price.
"
V3mpa1N wrote:
The trade board is working as intended.

Please read the long post about it in dev.

The second we get instant buyouts is the same second when itemflipping is the best way to make money.
Same thing applies to forced pricing.

On pc finding items is easy but then you need to meet the guy ingame.
On xbox buying is easy but the search for the right item takes effort.

Allowing players to send too many offers would lead to players sending loads of lowball offers to players hoping someone does not know the right price.

On Xbox buying is easy, this is exactly the missconception. It is not.

This is the reason for all the frustration. First of all, on pc you don't have to put in your currency while you wait for a response. On PC you can contact as many as you like. So if you have 1 ex and you want to buy an item worth 1 ex, you can just whisper 10 ppl who are offering for 1ex and the first who actually response positively, you meet and deal with on xbox, where its supposed to be easy, you find one item, send the offer. After 3 mins waiting, you give up, send it to the next and so on. How is that easier or faster?

Oh you need 30 maps of the same kind, show me how you do the trading faster on xbox...

We all get the idea behind the tradeboard. Its like communism, in theory its good, if all ppl would be good, but as its right now the system is just benefiting price fixers. The tedious pricing of items 1 by 1 instead of stash tabs is making it worse. Its just not efficient to price each item individually with this clunky UI. So ppl are not pricing, then others offering low prices, get rejected without an answer, they get angry, sending messages like, "wish you to die, put a fucking price"... I can feel both sides. As it is right now, its really supporting toxicity in the community. The anonymity is also not helping.

Would be awesome if you could just filter ppl out. Like having a blacklist. If one guy is selling 5 times the same item for a price, he is not going tohonor, just block him forever so you never have to see his stuff again. But by not knowing who it is, you cannot avoid those fixers...

Itemflipping, well I don't care about it. Its like a pawnshop, i need quick money, they buy cheap add their margin, why not. We have the same now, just that they are also fixing the prices, to get the items cheaper.
And about the choosing, negotiable and fixed price, it should not make a difference for instant buyout.

I mean the concept of negotiable price, means you are willing to maybe give some discount, but ofc if someone matches already that price, he is not making use of your offer to negotiate, so he would take it and be happy.

When was the last time, something was prices 1000$ and you went there and paid 1200$ because it was negotiable?

So if price matches just give the item to the buyer and done. If you offer less, well then you have to wait, you want to save money, so now you have to spend time. This is how it usually works.

This would exactly support their concept of search needs effort and buying is effort less.

"
noodlezoo wrote:

Let's be real here, instant buyouts are probably just not going to happen. :( I'm not trying to convince you that instant buyouts are inferior, just that being realistic ggg is probably against them so we need alternate solutions in the case they won't be added.

This is the salient point (not present in the original post). I agree: some sort of buyout option will likely not happen, at least not until other options have been exhausted by GGG. All the other stuff is just an invitation to largely extraneous discussion.

"
noodlezoo wrote:

Also instant buyouts wouldn't just fix price fixing. Why? because theres no way instant buyouts would be forced on all items, you would have to enable it optionally on each your items.

Not really relevant if you go with the first point - but I think that some sort of buyout mechanism (doesn't even have to be instant) would curb certain aspects of dishonest pricing - the currency market comes immediately to mind.

"
noodlezoo wrote:

I guess it would help in the sense of "well this guy's is only listed for 5c but its not instant buyout so its probably a price fixer"

Exactly - B/O would be very handy for identifying prices that are likely insincere in the currency market - exalts for example.

"
noodlezoo wrote:

The trade board would be so dead if AFK players were kicked. The current system really sucks for handling AFK players, but simply booting them offline would do more damage than good I think.

True but I don't believe that I ever suggested kicking AFK players (at least not intentionally).

"
noodlezoo wrote:

I don't believe players would attempt to circumvent the AFK flag on their listings. at least not nearly as many as the people AFKing, and honestly they wouldn't need to even leave their xbox on 24/7 anymore as you could make it so people who have logged on in the past 24 hours show in red on "online" searches.

I think that identifying players who have logged on in the past 24 hours is an excellent suggestion - most excellent in fact and one that has a high probability of being implemented by GGG. I object to certain of the other things that people piggyback onto that suggestion.
I now comment in Forums with my Xbox account:

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/xbox/view-profile/walkjohn55

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info