End game is only sustaining red maps. Fun?

The end game in diablo 2 was to kill baal countless of thousands of times.. and it was fun.

The only thing missing im poe is party grinding imo, thats why most people focus on achievements and.or trading and.or new builds.

I think the end game system of diablo 3 is a good example on how ggg should do with poe.. to scale the end game maps into different tiers.. with different rewards..

Like t16 tier 1, t16 tier 2, tier 3, etc...

Need more items and more powerful stats to keep the grinding going.

It could scale to even tier 120 or wahtever, and different achievements in between.
Last edited by stuncc on Apr 25, 2018, 3:26:30 PM
"
stuncc wrote:

I think the end game system of diablo 3 is a good example on how ggg should do with poe.. to scale the end game maps into different tiers.. with different rewards..

This just makes the game ridiculously boring. There's no end. It's no fun if there's no end goal to reach. An end game just makes it take ludicrously long to reach the end. Because of Diablo 3's dumb scaling system it's the only game I've ever played where I log in and say "huh, I'll just get bored of this in two days, I'll go play something else."

Even WoW is pretty boring when you realize the next expansion will make the previous gearscore limit trivial since it gives all new players a nearly-max-level character with a gear score equal to that of mid-range dungeon running of the last expansion. Blizzard has helped make RPGs boring.
"
I don't understand why the map complete bonus couldn't have a % increased quantity of maps dropped, attached as well? Nothing stupid hight, but lets say 0,1 or 0,2 % increased quantity of map drops per bonus objective, this way you would steadily increase the chance for map drops the further into the atlas you travel.

And to Johny on the post above: I do play fairly much, i use chisels and alchs and zana mods on high red maps. per now I have:

52 : Tier 10 maps
53 : Tier 11 maps
36 : Tier 12 maps
20 : Tier 13 maps
1 : Tier 14 maps
0 : Tier 15 maps
0 : Tier 16 maps

Kinda noticeable change from tier 13 to tier 14 don't you think?

Vaaling a map is almost always better than zana mods. It is cheaper and honestly nothing beats the 40%+ pack size.
"
Johny_Snow wrote:
"
I don't understand why the map complete bonus couldn't have a % increased quantity of maps dropped, attached as well? Nothing stupid hight, but lets say 0,1 or 0,2 % increased quantity of map drops per bonus objective, this way you would steadily increase the chance for map drops the further into the atlas you travel.

And to Johny on the post above: I do play fairly much, i use chisels and alchs and zana mods on high red maps. per now I have:

52 : Tier 10 maps
53 : Tier 11 maps
36 : Tier 12 maps
20 : Tier 13 maps
1 : Tier 14 maps
0 : Tier 15 maps
0 : Tier 16 maps

Kinda noticeable change from tier 13 to tier 14 don't you think?

Vaaling a map is almost always better than zana mods. It is cheaper and honestly nothing beats the 40%+ pack size.

Vaal gives you less control since it can make a map rippy or unchanged but corrupted. Not that vaal is a bad option but there are definitely scenarios for it to be the worse choice.
Heh funny that, people keep saying how OP RF is yet they either cant deal with a whole bunch of map mods or they can but they need to switch to scorching ray only and clear them slowly. Guess not that many people can consistently vaal and reap the benefits.
"
trixxar wrote:
To end with such a whimper, instead of a bang. Its like if the end boss in Grim Dawn, Diablo, etc. was to sort of fight a boss from 10 levels ago who is ridiculously easy.

Isn't Kitava in Act 10 the Path of Exile equivalent to the end boss in Diablo?

What do you do in Diablo after you've defeated the end boss?
Isn't it just adventure mode with rifts and bounties?

I guess if you want to get technical, the end boss of all end bosses, the end-endgame end is:
Spoiler
Elder-corrupted Shaper (with Elder)
"Let those with infinite free time pave the road with their corpses." - reboticon
Last edited by crystalwitch on Apr 25, 2018, 7:29:15 PM
I really enjoy the variety in PoE but I've also found myself a bit burned out.

Here's one thing I can't wrap my mind around (probably because I just started playing this season):

I've got maxed resistances (except Chaos), IIRC I've got well over 9k in armor (no idea if that's a decent amount). I can basically Cyclone through just about everything and not have my health even dip. The porcupine things though? Yep, almost an insta-kill if I Cyclone into them.

Not sure what kind of damage they do but I would think that being almost immune to all damage everywhere else in the game, these things wouldn't be such a pain. It's just frustrating when you're almost ready to pop that next level and, to be honest, mindlessly whirling away through the map and end up getting blown up by these things and losing that xp.

I'm also in a funk as to what to really do next that isn't the same old grind (which may be all that there is left to do at 89+). I've gotten mostly all my BiS items (except that damn axe) so.......yeah.

Actually I haven't been gaming much in general lately so that might be it too.
"
trixxar wrote:

This is simply the worst endgame for a game Ive ever encountered, and Ive played all manner of MMOs.

Maybe it has something to do with the fact that this game is not MMORPG, but online aRPG

MMOs are often designed to offer "endless" endgame content for one character/party

this games offers "endless" possibilities of how to design a character. therefor, the longevity comes from making different characters.

endgame is grinding. and there are also other effective grinding strategies outside of high tier maps
IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
Last edited by Ludvator on Apr 26, 2018, 1:05:43 PM
You say you have 130 atlas completion and are doing red maps yet you only have 10 challenges done. Something doesn't add up
"
kickaxe88 wrote:
You say you have 130 atlas completion and are doing red maps yet you only have 10 challenges done. Something doesn't add up

Lol for real. My first char this league was 83 by the time I hit t4 maps (I run actual atlas completion strat). By the time I hit red I had a level 89 jugg who wasn't even my first char of the league. Meanwhile this guy tops out at 85 and claims to be running reds semiregularly? Play the damn game.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info