Current trading system is simply the worst thing in game

Trading is a bit inconvenient with a purpose.

You can't compare a typical MMO AH with an ARPG like PoE or D2 and not get skewed results.

To help curb the flooding of items, they tend to bind on equip or to account.

Binding items on pickup or use would be horrible for a game like this. Even BoE would suck really.

Trading was even worse in this game's predecessor - something I'm reminded of whenever anyone complains.

Even if things were made more convenient - you'd end up selling less as more and more of your items would hold little value when added to everyone else's.
Yep, totally over league play.
"
Switi wrote:
I do agree about the current state of the trading system but i dunno if we need an off line system?
I am only frustrated IF i am online AND i need to buy stuff (even selling is crap because people are not efficient with time spend between message and the actual trade)

Also image you are asleep and GGG decides to make that Belly legacy, worth 100 EX when you wake up but oh wait, its been sold because you where off line and flippers bought it?!

I would love a smartphone app doh ;-)

Is this some sort of counter argument against offline trading? Because if it is, it is as thin as the luncheon meat my mom used to put on my sandwiches in the 70's. This is like "I just won the anti-lottery" kind of scenario, without even getting into the fact that major changes like this would not go unannounced or happen all of a sudden one night.

Come on, man.
"
Apocalypso_ wrote:
For me and many other players trading is very important in trade leagues but current system is just unbearable.

I was about to finish this league so I started crafting stuff, I made some nice elder craft worth 10exalted.
But of course I'm NOT online 24/24 so I had to wait for few days for a buyer.

Yesterday i started watching Mr Robot in other room, left my PC open and was checking every 20 minutes Pm's.
Guy asked me for this item, he even asked me to reply when i came back. I came back, he bought something else.

Now i will have to wait for next few days to sell it, but I'm not online 24/24 I will probably lose 2 ex because more crafts are showing on the market. I was really MAD because I can't play or be online all the f**** time.

PLEASE CREATE OFFLINE TRADING SYSTEM because currently:

1. You need to ping 98723987234 people to buy currency/maps or even stupid belly of the beast.
2. People playing all the time have big advantage over casual/weekend players.
3. You cannot leave your PC to sell anything when you are offline or AFK.
4. Items are immediately sold and still people ping person selling it because poe.trade isn't updated immediately
5. Buying Maps is a total disaster and waste of time. That was the worst part for me, that i wanted to run 1 map, and i had to spend like 30 minutes just trying to buy maps i want and process repeated after 1 hour. This is total bull***t. Exactly same things happens when you want to buy sextanses, vaal orbs etc. Why it has to be SO painful ????

What we need ?

1. Smartphone App that could "ping" you when somebody is asking for an item. This way i can do other stuff and come back to pc when needed.
2. Some kind of offline trading. Why we just can't have any kind of auction house? I want to sell my items automatically for me when I'm offline.

I think GGG is capable of creating that kind of system:
- I have belly 5L, I sell it for 70c, and I'm Offline.
- When somebody buys it, It's get deleted from my account.
- Game sends money to the buyer (there is no physical contact between buyer and seller).
- Game sends item (created by the system, like when you trade 5 uniques in a prophecy).

Whole process would be perfect for offline sellers and also less annoying for anyone buying something.

1/5.) Can easily be fixed by you putting up your e.g. chaos orb for sale for vaal orbs. People will pm you to buy your chaos orb for their vaal orb. Same for sextants and other currencies.
About the maps, either build a map base, not that hard. Or you simply skip pming the first say 10 people and pm people after that.

2.) Okey, but they invest more time into the game, shouldn't it give them more advantage?

3.) Offline, no, afk, ye sure. You can sell items while afk by simply returning to the PC which you want to have a ping for via your smartphone. PoE has a built in "ping" sound whenever you get pmed. Instead of investing into a smartphone, get a pair of wireless headsets. That way you can listen to music aswell while walking around your house and whenever you hear the ping, return to the PC.

4.) You can use pathofexile.com/trade instead, it updates faster and allows you to see how many maps people have for sale etc.

On the whole concept of an auction house. It'll be as you've suggested, no player interaction what so ever. I've played a fair amount by now. All I can say, sure, most people simply pm you, you sell the item, say "ty" and you two split ways. However, sometimes, you encounter people who might ask what build you are, or other questions. You're then making connections. Something you wouldn't do if you had an auction house. That's my opinion on the auction house option which keeps poping up over and over.
We don't want any of those changes to happen immediately.

I'm just saying that alternative/better tranding system HAS TO HAPPEN.

There are milions of items, currencies, maps and there will be even more.
Current system will be impossible to manage in next few leagues.

Current trade:

-- time consuming
-- too many items with multiple prefixes/suffixes/elder/shaped mods/vaal mods its crazy
-- hard to learn economy
-- waiting / pinging / flipping is a pain, not fun
-- you don't treat other humans as players, you treat them like robots. They don't even talk to eachother.
at the moment Players are moving auction houses with better AI (not always).
-- economy is not consistent because of players, and if you dont follow marketing trends you will be eaten alive.

and many many more.

"
Apocalypso_ wrote:
We don't want any of those changes to happen immediately.

I'm just saying that alternative/better tranding system HAS TO HAPPEN.

There are milions of items, currencies, maps and there will be even more.
Current system will be impossible to manage in next few leagues.

Current trade:

-- time consuming
-- too many items with multiple prefixes/suffixes/elder/shaped mods/vaal mods its crazy
-- hard to learn economy
-- waiting / pinging / flipping is a pain, not fun
-- you don't treat other humans as players, you treat them like robots. They don't even talk to eachother.
at the moment Players are moving auction houses with better AI (not always).
-- economy is not consistent because of players, and if you dont follow marketing trends you will be eaten alive.

and many many more.

Well, lets asume for a second there would be an acution house implemented into the game. Wouldn't you be searching for items in there the same way you search for them on poe.trade or pathofexile.come/trade ?
The current system, and the new one would still have the same amount of prefixes/suffixes/elder/shaped mods / vaal mods wouldn't it? The searching process for you to find your item would still take just as long. If we also take it to the next step, if it is implemented for item trading, what will we ask next? Probably a service tab in the auction house aswell for all the shaper/elder/uber atziri / atziri / lab carries. How would we sort them later? Well, we're not there yet, so we can leave it at that.

Next up, hard to learn economy, just like real life, the money you have in your pocket, say $5, isn't always worth the $5 it was earlier. It's constantly compared to other currensis and changes its value compared to those currencies. By having a fixed value for the currency it would remove this experience. The game as it is right now, has a few limits implemented (the vendor currency trades), which forces currencies not to drop certain prices, most affects fusings and below but it's there.

Waiting, sure, it's not fun, but it also gives you time to look for other options meanwhile. Pinging (?) I asume you mean pming? Sure, not that much fun either, but at least it's not hard since they have the "PM" button, just copy-paste and done! Flipping? Currency flipping I asume? Well, you've just said you want a constant value of the currencies. There wouldn't be any flipping to do as there's nothing to gain.

Treating other players as robots, true. 95% of the time, the trade happens, there's a "ty" and you split. But 5% of the time, there's extra dialogue taking place, varies in length sure.

All I can say, when you put a price up on the market for sale, you most likely evaluate the item and put the price on it. The market will change, sure, but it won't make you lose a lot of money. Also, if you get swarmed by PMs, you should have a little warning clock going off in your head saying "something's wrong here, I should recheck the value of this item".
We don't need auctions. We need a simple buyout button on the existing trade site that puts the item in your inventory and the currency in the seller's.

/mic drop
Last edited by superbomb1967 on Mar 23, 2018, 12:17:49 PM

as much as I think GGGs stance on trade is silly...

the horse is dead
I dont see any any key!
"
k1rage wrote:

as much as I think GGGs stance on trade is silly...

the horse is dead

Sadly, I think you are correct. It is far more important to flood us with and spam us about new MTX, and release more new broken and untested content. Why worry about the state of the existing content and the happiness of the players?
I loved Path of Exile.
I do not love Path of RNG.
Bloom gives me migraines, the over usage of darkness strains my eyes.
Save our game, remove all of the constant RNG and allow us to turn off Bloom or give us an in game brightness control!
"
Maelstromicus wrote:

Sadly, I think you are correct. It is far more important to flood us with and spam us about new MTX, and release more new broken and untested content. Why worry about the state of the existing content and the happiness of the players?

The problem is that the trading community is trash and that people think they know what will be better for the game than the people who created it.
Hey look, another thread about how bad is trading in this game. Haven't seen them for a while.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info