Current trading system is simply the worst thing in game

For me and many other players trading is very important in trade leagues but current system is just unbearable.

I was about to finish this league so I started crafting stuff, I made some nice elder craft worth 10exalted.
But of course I'm NOT online 24/24 so I had to wait for few days for a buyer.

Yesterday i started watching Mr Robot in other room, left my PC open and was checking every 20 minutes Pm's.
Guy asked me for this item, he even asked me to reply when i came back. I came back, he bought something else.

Now i will have to wait for next few days to sell it, but I'm not online 24/24 I will probably lose 2 ex because more crafts are showing on the market. I was really MAD because I can't play or be online all the f**** time.

PLEASE CREATE OFFLINE TRADING SYSTEM because currently:

1. You need to ping 98723987234 people to buy currency/maps or even stupid belly of the beast.
2. People playing all the time have big advantage over casual/weekend players.
3. You cannot leave your PC to sell anything when you are offline or AFK.
4. Items are immediately sold and still people ping person selling it because poe.trade isn't updated immediately
5. Buying Maps is a total disaster and waste of time. That was the worst part for me, that i wanted to run 1 map, and i had to spend like 30 minutes just trying to buy maps i want and process repeated after 1 hour. This is total bull***t. Exactly same things happens when you want to buy sextanses, vaal orbs etc. Why it has to be SO painful ????

What we need ?

1. Smartphone App that could "ping" you when somebody is asking for an item. This way i can do other stuff and come back to pc when needed.
2. Some kind of offline trading. Why we just can't have any kind of auction house? I want to sell my items automatically for me when I'm offline.

I think GGG is capable of creating that kind of system:
- I have belly 5L, I sell it for 70c, and I'm Offline.
- When somebody buys it, It's get deleted from my account.
- Game sends money to the buyer (there is no physical contact between buyer and seller).
- Game sends item (created by the system, like when you trade 5 uniques in a prophecy).

Whole process would be perfect for offline sellers and also less annoying for anyone buying something.
Last edited by Apocalypso_ on Mar 23, 2018, 4:06:20 AM
Last bumped on Oct 15, 2018, 3:49:27 PM
The horse has rotted away and your just clacking stick on bones at this point. They don’t want trading to be easier. Enough.
GGG focuses on stupid MTX's or giving MOOOORE content that is broken and not tested
rather than brining QUALITY of the core game.

I was never so pissed at this game like today.
Last edited by Apocalypso_ on Mar 23, 2018, 4:19:12 AM
I do agree about the current state of the trading system but i dunno if we need an off line system?
I am only frustrated IF i am online AND i need to buy stuff (even selling is crap because people are not efficient with time spend between message and the actual trade)

Also image you are asleep and GGG decides to make that Belly legacy, worth 100 EX when you wake up but oh wait, its been sold because you where off line and flippers bought it?!

I would love a smartphone app doh ;-)
Last edited by Switi on Mar 23, 2018, 4:20:53 AM
This is why I take a significant loss on everything I sell. I've undercutted by up to 5ex on some items just to sell instantly so I don't have to worry about it. That's the best way to cope with the trading system IMO. Just undercut, take the loss, and keep keep playing the real game--killing mobs. There's never going to be an auction house. I don't really understand why, but apparently there's reasons. It is what it is.
You know I'm a semi-casual player, I don't have that many good crafts so if i had those 10 ex not 5 or 3, i would be setup for the rest of the league because i would have enough currency just to run high level maps with sextanses etc.

I did some great elder belt for RF (with max hp, life recovery, armor, life etc.) and the price is fair.

I just don't want to wait next 2 weeks to sell it because i was unlucky or can't be 24/24 online.
There should b instant buyout on maps and cheep items like up to 5c.. its all I want.. I’m pissed of to buy low lvl map i need and nobody answer cos nobody wants to stop for 1alch or 1 or 2 c... But this horse is dead a long time ago man.. there was so many suggestions... good ideas... but GGG don’t do anything....
"There is only one true god in PoE and that is Greed... "

I don’t need anger management, I need people to stop pissing me off!
"
Switi wrote:
I do agree about the current state of the trading system but i dunno if we need an off line system?
I am only frustrated IF i am online AND i need to buy stuff (even selling is crap because people are not efficient with time spend between message and the actual trade)

Also image you are asleep and GGG decides to make that Belly legacy, worth 100 EX when you wake up but oh wait, its been sold because you where off line and flippers bought it?!

I would love a smartphone app doh ;-)

Just Imagine how great it would be to sell items when you are away.

You come back, you take your 100c worth of items, and you enjoy game !!!

I would pay 500$ on kickstarter for that kind of system. I love making currency but i fucking hate pinging people 9837489734 times.

There are also maaaany ways to implement good system which will be not abusive.

It's a 3 month league, we make currency to have fun for short time, so i don't care about my currency at all when it comes to "using" it on crafts etc.

I'm not mad when i fail with crafting or 6L because it's just gambling and i enjoy it because in 3 months i can start again.
However when i cant make money because I have to be online 24/24 and try to sell items, adjust prices and stay online all the time.

Where is the fun part in that ??
"
KOrchann wrote:
There should b instant buyout on maps and cheep items like up to 5c.. its all I want.. I’m pissed of to buy low lvl map i need and nobody answer cos nobody wants to stop for 1alch or 1 or 2 c... But this horse is dead a long time ago man.. there was so many suggestions... good ideas... but GGG don’t do anything....

That would be the lesser evil of change, so we are at least not pissed by buying small items...

Let's make a fucking kickstarter for trading system.

GGG cant only make money from MTX.

Making money from MTX means ggg has not time to improve QUALITY
Remove please - double post
Hf :)
Last edited by Heli0nix on Mar 23, 2018, 5:20:38 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info