Beastiary makes the worst part of the game enjoyable

Sadly I rushed through the content too fast thinking alll the bastiary recipes would only be useful till mid or end game and did not know there was a recipe to get quicksilvers of adrenaline in act 1 - the climb or rare coral rings with life in a1 submerged.

Beastiary provides something poe was sorely lacking - targeted gear crafting during the leveling process while integrating existing unique monsters which most people avoided anyways. For new players this is such a big deal because the game feels like a real RPG before you hit maps and can actually start meaningful 'gearing' and itemizing.

Despite all the hate this league has gotten I am enjoying it more and more as time goes on. Props to you GGG, your balance choices are questionable most of the time but your devotion to your players and ability to creative content is remarkble.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Last bumped on Mar 23, 2018, 9:55:22 AM
Nice feedback, I agree those recipes are really well thought out and implemented.

It's a pity they spent so much recipe development time on 40 million useless rare recipes. They could have come up with some more really cool progression recipes to build on the levelling ones.
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
"
鬼殺し wrote:
As a permanent resident of Act 1, I find your claim that it is the worst part of the game highly offensive. You show a distinct lack of sensitivity for the various cannibals, crabs, seagulls, goatmen, and rhoas that call the lovely, diverse south-east coast of Wraeclast home. Just because you're a dimension-striding god-slayer doesn't give you the right to shit on our home, humble as it may be. What would you know? You just rush through it like a Porsche on a freeway, not once stopping to think what might be happening in all those small towns along the way. We single-digit level folk have a word for people like you, but as this is a forum full of younger readers I'll refrain from using it, and stick to the more common term.

Mappers. *spit*

this
34pre98qua
I just captured as many red and yellow beasts as I could while leveling or running through maps. Never crafted anything useful. All of the unique crafts were complete junk, as in not even worth sticking in the tab listed for 1 chaos buyout. I'm aware that a few people got head hunters like this, but the beasts needed for the better recipes can't consistently be farmed.

For red beasts, to consistently net them, the problem appears to be either doing too much damage, or not enough damage to where they just rage if you throw a non-necro net on them. My conclusion, buy necro nets and use them on red beasts if they're useful for crafting. Regardless of whether you kill them fast or not.
Last edited by MrSmiley21 on Mar 23, 2018, 2:15:30 AM
"
鬼殺し wrote:
As a permanent resident of Act 1, I find your claim that it is the worst part of the game highly offensive. You show a distinct lack of sensitivity for the various cannibals, crabs, seagulls, goatmen, and rhoas that call the lovely, diverse south-east coast of Wraeclast home. Just because you're a dimension-striding god-slayer doesn't give you the right to shit on our home, humble as it may be. What would you know? You just rush through it like a Porsche on a freeway, not once stopping to think what might be happening in all those small towns along the way. We single-digit level folk have a word for people like you, but as this is a forum full of younger readers I'll refrain from using it, and stick to the more common term.

Mappers. *spit*

Well put!
Act 1, especially the very beginning, is the only challenging part of the game you'll encounter for a long time - unless you don some levelling gear and just breeze through it.
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar
"
MrSmiley21 wrote:
I just captured as many red and yellow beasts as I could while leveling or running through maps. Never crafted anything useful. All of the unique crafts were complete junk, as in not even worth sticking in the tab listed for 1 chaos buyout. I'm aware that a few people got head hunters like this, but the beasts needed for the better recipes can't consistently be farmed.

For red beasts, to consistently net them, the problem appears to be either doing too much damage, or not enough damage to where they just rage if you throw a non-necro net on them. My conclusion, buy necro nets and use them on red beasts if they're useful for crafting. Regardless of whether you kill them fast or not.

Well outside of headhunter gambling there are some amazing options such as mirroring a flask, mirroing a map, divinging a rare item and finally 6 linked rares. I agree the spawn rate of good reds is probably too low but it's not something GGG will budge on. with that said I have gotten a perfect taste of hate out of beast crafting once.

"
dudiobugtron wrote:
Nice feedback, I agree those recipes are really well thought out and implemented.

It's a pity they spent so much recipe development time on 40 million useless rare recipes. They could have come up with some more really cool progression recipes to build on the levelling ones.

I agree many of the rare recipes with 1 gauranteed mod are kind of bland and undertuned because the tier of the gauranteed mod is totally random which makes it feel like a much worse version of generic essence crafting.

It would be tragic if beastiary was not added to the core game after the league ends even if it means only the rare-unid and leveling items are added because it adds so much value to the story mode progression and for new players.

Patch 3.0 and the release of 6 new acts would have been far more imapctful for me if it launched along with beastiary.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Last edited by Nephalim on Mar 23, 2018, 10:20:10 AM
Now if only they'd get the nets out of our inventory during play.

I know people don't see this as an issue, because it's only one or two squares. But GGG has a bad habit of forgetting things from the past, and I can see future leagues also adding tools to our inventory if we don't get them to stop it now.

Collecting nets and other currency in the wild is fine. You dump them in your stash when you get back to town. No biggie. But having to carry stuff with us to play isn't a good plan.

A separate currency pouch is really needed if they're going to continue adding stuff like these nets, and I've set it as a personal requirement to give Bestiary another chance.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info