GGG, you do very little to prevent RMT'ers due to costs. Let the community help you PLEASE.

rmt is a general, not solvable problem.

if one guy comes in reporting another guy with 100% proof and insists on ggg banning him, they must assume that there are other interests to see this guy banned.

otherwise it would just be "report and forget".
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
essemoni wrote:
"
DalaiLama wrote:

Here's another way to look at it. Let's say you post the info on the alleged RMT player. That player files a lawsuit against you. Do you have enough evidence to prevent that lawsuit from winning? If you have serious doubts, then I wouldn't put the RMT's name out there. You can still archive the alleged cheating and send GGG the archived links to give them something a bit more reliable to go off of.

Problem solved - don't accuse anyone of cheating. Just ask the question - hey guys, is this guy cheating? And let the masses decide.

No way should the masses be involved in any decisions like that. There is just far too much mass hysteria and general cluelessness around RMT and botting for that to be viable, you see it all over the forums on a regular basis.
Last edited by RandallPOE on Mar 23, 2018, 4:23:11 AM
If I worked for GGG (and had more than 20 IQ) I would write some kind of script/app/program that would compare a bunch of popular RMT sites with the API information from GGG themself. Constantly comparing items and transactions.

And for all I know, they have these kind of scripts running at all times. If not, shame on them.

But RMT isn't "new and shiny". It isn't "an addition to the game". And it DOES give GGG a wider player base. So, I guess they're not doing everything they can.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
The "community" is the problem... if it weren't for them, the RMTers would be out of business.

You're really going after the wrong people.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
The "community" is the problem... if it weren't for them, the RMTers would be out of business.

You're really going after the wrong people.

Why didn't you let your student get away with his cheat? ;) Both are part of the problem, people are doing it because they can get away with it and don't care. One can only hope for a mentality shift.
Doing my job. Getting paid for it.
"
bdy wrote:
I play hardcore temp leagues only and there are a few people who always farm the end game bosses such as Uber Atziri and Shaper really early on in the league. I was disheartened to hear today that one of the guys who sells about 50-60% of the gear from those bosses is an RMTer. I'm disappointed because I was constantly impressed by how fast that guy was at tackling such hard content and looked up to him so it was a bit of a disillusion and let down. It's also a shame that he's allowed to cheat and get such a huge advantage over me and others and we can't even report them. (I've tried before) If I e-mail GGG with 100% evidence of cheating, GGG says they sadly cannot do anything because it could be faked and take zero accountability. If I post evidence on reddit, it gets deleted. These cheaters are given indemnity on all fronts and it's absurd.

Want to know how bad it is? How easy and lacksey-dasiy these cheaters have it? I went to a popular cheater site this morning and within 2 minutes, I see an item being sold on it so I search on poe.trade and lo' and behold, the cheating idiot is selling it on poe.trade as well (along with the posts on the site and poe.trade being both 7 hours old). The item has the exactly quality, 6 links in perfect order, and same rolls. But, he makes zero effort to hide because, just like in-game scammers, no one is allowed to address it via e-mail or on the subreddit and at this point I'm scared to even post this because I feel like it will get deleted or I'll be punished in some way and that's fucking sad that I have to feel like that. It's a hopeless and chilled environment for non-cheaters and it exacerbates the issue when people learn that you can do it with impunity.I wish it didn't take me only me 2 minutes to find a cheater but it did and nothing will be done about it. I think GGG needs to change their policy on cheating and let the community help police their game like Valve does with overwatch on CS:GO. OR Blizzard does on Overwatch. Or Riot Games on LoL...Hell, almost every big gaming company relies on their community at least a bit to help protect the integrity of their online games because it is simply too expensive to do it alone. Let us help you please, GGG.

GGG usually responds to such reports with "I sent this to appropriate staff members to investigate". Pretty sure if you RMT and GGG is on you, you are done for after simple trade history check. They will investigate after proper report, specially if you have evidence (if not they are not doing their job and need to be called out for that). They for sure won't tell you any details about investigation whatsoever though.
Last edited by SunL4D2 on Mar 23, 2018, 8:26:11 AM
Gaming communities are, for the most part, toxic. I wonder how many false reports those other companies have to dig through on any given day because salty people, like you, are reporting people for every negative interaction they have with another player. It is just like in CS:GO. Someone who is better than you is OBVIOUSLY hacking, right? *Scoff*

The thing to realize is that the only way to get rid of RMT is to completely disable trading. RMT has been around a long time before PoE and will be around a long time after. You ban a player for RMT, hes going to make another account, create another character, and do it again. And voila! Nothing was solved.

I stopped caring about RMT a while ago and I feel better for it, really it doesn't effect me much
I dont see any any key!
"
Phrazz wrote:
If I worked for GGG (and had more than 20 IQ) I would write some kind of script/app/program that would compare a bunch of popular RMT sites with the API information from GGG themself. Constantly comparing items and transactions.

And for all I know, they have these kind of scripts running at all times. If not, shame on them.

But RMT isn't "new and shiny". It isn't "an addition to the game". And it DOES give GGG a wider player base. So, I guess they're not doing everything they can.

The API data is already public so you are welcome to do this without GGG hiring you. Unless you were suggesting you don't have an IQ above 20..

Of course the problem here is that it's not particularly difficult for the RMT sites to create counter-measures. They could start seeding their website with fake RMT offers for items that innocent players have posted on poe.trade or swap to embedded imagines of items that scripts can't read.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info