GGG, you do very little to prevent RMT'ers due to costs. Let the community help you PLEASE.

"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Caught a kid cheating on an exam yesterday and had to do paperwork. Idiot didn't even need to cheat. Has me in a truly foul mood. My cat's sick too. Going in for ultrasound tomorrow. Something wrong with her kidneys. But I enjoyed the play.

Damn, hope its nothing harsh. I definitely took mine for granted till they put me in the hospital.
Yep, totally over league play.
I hope your cat will be okay!
Censored.
Play SSF HC temp league. No cheating/RMT is even possible.

And don't say you cant do things. Already like ppl are at 100 and beat uber elder in there.

Do you have the meddle to play real honest? Because way I look at it even having a guild is cheating in trade leagues let alone trade and RMT.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Mar 22, 2018, 6:57:21 PM
It's not "cheating"... it's playing under a different rule-set. It only becomes cheating if you're dishonest about it.
Some snippage for the relevant parts

"
bdy wrote:
Want to know how bad it is? How easy and lacksey-dasiy these cheaters have it? I went to a popular cheater site this morning and within 2 minutes, I see an item being sold on it so I search on poe.trade and lo' and behold, the cheating idiot is selling it on poe.trade as well (along with the posts on the site and poe.trade being both 7 hours old).

I can understand and appreciate GGG's reluctance to use "proof" that could be spoofed. Reddit is garbage in terms of integrity (As an excample, their CEO was caught altering users' posts and admitted to it and he is still in charge), so I wouldn't rely on them either.

Find a good archive site. Begin archiving the RMT site with the relevant info and then the trade sites showing the POE account. Once you have a few dozen pages showing the RMT, then find a blog or other site and drop the info there. Let people know about the site, and then the cat will be out of the bag.

If the proof is there and GGG is failing to act, then everyone will know. If the proof isn't there, or is questionable, than others can see it for themselves as well. I'd make sure the stats aren't just coincidental either. Put it this way, would the proof you are archiving hold up to a jury or judge? If so, then go ahead. If you aren't really sure, then keep archiving until the proof is either an overwhelming abundance of evidence, or you realize maybe you could be wrong.

Here's another way to look at it. Let's say you post the info on the alleged RMT player. That player files a lawsuit against you. Do you have enough evidence to prevent that lawsuit from winning? If you have serious doubts, then I wouldn't put the RMT's name out there. You can still archive the alleged cheating and send GGG the archived links to give them something a bit more reliable to go off of.

PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
Last edited by DalaiLama on Mar 22, 2018, 7:56:48 PM
"
DalaiLama wrote:

Here's another way to look at it. Let's say you post the info on the alleged RMT player. That player files a lawsuit against you. Do you have enough evidence to prevent that lawsuit from winning? If you have serious doubts, then I wouldn't put the RMT's name out there. You can still archive the alleged cheating and send GGG the archived links to give them something a bit more reliable to go off of.

Problem solved - don't accuse anyone of cheating. Just ask the question - hey guys, is this guy cheating? And let the masses decide. Slander involves making a statement, a question however is fundamentally different :)

Then you should get a yes or no.

Cheers,
Matt.

PS, I'm not a layer, I don't suck blood for a living.
There are 10 types of people. Those that know binary, and those that dont.
GGG will always give that response because what they do behind the scenes is No Ones business except the person who is being actually dealt with no matter the infraction. If they get multiple reports on a person for whatever the complaint is, they generally DO try to look at it and determine what is going on and if there is a basis for the complaints or just people being salty. They will NOT tell you about it -EVER. How many reports? Who knows but GGG trys to stay fair to all players and keep the game fun for all of us.
“Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.”
—Leo Buscaglia

Contact support@grindinggear.com to report issues relating to the game or forum. Thanks!

My beloved pets....

These games has and always will, run on RMT. Nothing you can do about it. Nothing GGG can really do about it either. This is one of the reasons that D3 tried to embrace it and cash in on it themselves. Apparently people believe in "out of sight, out of mind" and if they dont see RMT they don't believe it exists on the level that it does.

I'm with Shag; if it bothers you that much just play SSF. I just accept it as part of the game. Set your own goals. Unless you no-life, RMT, bot, etc. You are going to have a seriously hard time competing with the top dogs in these types of games. Just set your own goals, and be proud of your own accomplishments. If you want "skill" to matter, well Arpgs are the wrong types of games for that. These are endurance games. Time-based games. There are plenty of true skill-based games out there.
Last edited by Destructodave on Mar 23, 2018, 1:13:32 AM
"
peachii wrote:
GGG will always give that response because what they do behind the scenes is No Ones business except the person who is being actually dealt with no matter the infraction. If they get multiple reports on a person for whatever the complaint is, they generally DO try to look at it and determine what is going on and if there is a basis for the complaints or just people being salty. They will NOT tell you about it -EVER.

Why don't they just say that then? "We can't comment on individual users accounts but thank you for the report."

Why do they have to say "Sorry we aren't going to do anything about the cheater because maybe you are a lying shit."?

It really comes across like they don't care about the person reporting the cheating.
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
If I remember right the responses used to be a thank you but then assholes came to the forum or elsewhere and were all " Reported you, you're gonna get banned, GGG said you suck, rage - rage - rage, etc" to the person they were upset with/about. So I'm guessing they had to change it up to stop all that drama. I'm not a support member and can only guess at the motivations behind the response you got but I'd bet I am right.
“Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.”
—Leo Buscaglia

Contact support@grindinggear.com to report issues relating to the game or forum. Thanks!

My beloved pets....

Last edited by peachii on Mar 23, 2018, 2:21:58 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info