GGG, you do very little to prevent RMT'ers due to costs. Let the community help you PLEASE.

I play hardcore temp leagues only and there are a few people who always farm the end game bosses such as Uber Atziri and Shaper really early on in the league. I was disheartened to hear today that one of the guys who sells about 50-60% of the gear from those bosses is an RMTer. I'm disappointed because I was constantly impressed by how fast that guy was at tackling such hard content and looked up to him so it was a bit of a disillusion and let down. It's also a shame that he's allowed to cheat and get such a huge advantage over me and others and we can't even report them. (I've tried before) If I e-mail GGG with 100% evidence of cheating, GGG says they sadly cannot do anything because it could be faked and take zero accountability. If I post evidence on reddit, it gets deleted. These cheaters are given indemnity on all fronts and it's absurd.

Want to know how bad it is? How easy and lacksey-dasiy these cheaters have it? I went to a popular cheater site this morning and within 2 minutes, I see an item being sold on it so I search on poe.trade and lo' and behold, the cheating idiot is selling it on poe.trade as well (along with the posts on the site and poe.trade being both 7 hours old). The item has the exactly quality, 6 links in perfect order, and same rolls. But, he makes zero effort to hide because, just like in-game scammers, no one is allowed to address it via e-mail or on the subreddit and at this point I'm scared to even post this because I feel like it will get deleted or I'll be punished in some way and that's fucking sad that I have to feel like that. It's a hopeless and chilled environment for non-cheaters and it exacerbates the issue when people learn that you can do it with impunity.I wish it didn't take me only me 2 minutes to find a cheater but it did and nothing will be done about it. I think GGG needs to change their policy on cheating and let the community help police their game like Valve does with overwatch on CS:GO. OR Blizzard does on Overwatch. Or Riot Games on LoL...Hell, almost every big gaming company relies on their community at least a bit to help protect the integrity of their online games because it is simply too expensive to do it alone. Let us help you please, GGG.
Last bumped on Mar 23, 2018, 10:02:20 PM
You're playing HC. You should not be worried about RMT but more about the trend to this game to provide huge burst of damage and always increasing monster dmg.
As a previous HC players I would be way more concerned about this.
Curiously, and qualitatively, this feels like the worst league to date for RMT ads in general chat.

And this is speaking from times when everyone used to "." and get muted, drop Toucans, flash grenades, etc.
You're not the sheriff. You're a concerned citizen. Report the activity and do you best not to make problems worse.

If you're dead set on being a "non-cheater", you have to give up trade. When you trade, somewhere down the line of that item's path it was tainted by some cheater. Maybe it was found by someone who had RMTed. Maybe it was out-right duped. You have no idea... and I guess that eases your conscience, but it doesn't change the fact that you benefitted from someone's cheat. SSF is the only way to make sure you're unaffected by this.
Last edited by Shagsbeard on Mar 22, 2018, 12:07:21 PM
I've also seen much more rmt spam in global 820 recently.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
You're not the sheriff. You're a concerned citizen. Report the activity and do you best not to make problems worse.

If you're dead set on being a "non-cheater", you have to give up trade. When you trade, somewhere down the line of that item's path it was tainted by some cheater. Maybe it was found by someone who had RMTed. Maybe it was out-right duped. You have no idea... and I guess that eases your conscience, but it doesn't change the fact that you benefitted from someone's cheat. SSF is the only way to make sure you're unaffected by this.

You did read the post right? You CAN'T report RMT'ers. Just like you cant report scammers. Me and friend msged GGG on multiple RMT'ers and they say they can't take action based on our e-mail even when we provide 100% proof. That is the issue here.
"
bdy wrote:
"
Shagsbeard wrote:

You did read the post right? You CAN'T report RMT'ers. Just like you cant report scammers. Me and friend msged GGG on multiple RMT'ers and they say they can't take action based on our e-mail even when we provide 100% proof. That is the issue here.

oh you can too report them, GGG just doesn't care to much but that dose not mean you cant report them
I dont see any any key!
You do realize that a big time RMT "business man" (GGG is quote on quote "pretty sure" he isn't anymore) is an investor of this game with a 7.5% share, right?
Last edited by MECHanokl on Mar 22, 2018, 1:00:06 PM
Send support an email, and then worry about something else.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Send support an email, and then worry about something else.

Already done that. Me and a friend sent them evidence on multiple people and the response is that they 'unfortunately cannot take action based on the e-mail as it may be faked evidence." aka zero avenues to report and a lack of accountability on GGG's part.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info