A lot of you are missing out...

I drop all the same dog shit rares and uniques I get from recipes just burning through maps. Not missing out on anything really. I keep trying though.
Last edited by FutureAeons on Mar 20, 2018, 9:56:55 AM
"
majesw wrote:
Okay, the first week or two was a mess… Nets were bad. Recipes were bad.
But nets actually work really well now. They priority target even if I miss terribly. Legendary beast fights can be challenging, but if I miss my timing I can grab a necro net and those work most of the time too.
There are some really interesting and useful recipes too. It’s true most of them are useless, but the prophecy one is amazing, the gem ones are good, the unique ones are fun, and I enjoyed the one portal I got so far.
Now some of you have talked yourselves into the belief that this league is the worst ever, or that the mechanic of capturing beasts is the worst idea. I won’t be able to change your mind with this post, but I’d encourage you to give the league another try. The economy is actually still going pretty well and there are lot of people playing so it’s not too late.

I've been playing this league and its not great IMO, also not THAT terrible. Better than standard and has some interesting and slightly aggravating mechanics. So, yes, I think people are missing out or at least buying into the hate mentality rather than enjoying the league for what it can offer.
SOTWGUILD.COM
"
Namcap wrote:
I'm still playing. But it still feels like I'm playing Standard 95% of the time. I still see more Abyss/Breaches than red beast. I still only use the same 2-3 recipes because 99% of them are useless.

Well since breach and abyss are 1 in 10 and the legendary beasts are 1 in 5 I'd say that sounds about right.

Sadly not every league has been a huge departure from standard. I think Bestiary is quite a nice addition. Improving spawn rate wouldn't hurt though!
League is fine, the only ppl whining are the ones that always whine during every league and praise it afterwards. They expected the same godmode loot pinjatas and faceroll as in breach etc...
Quit after Legion, rejoined PoE to see what the game's like now in 3.12.
Last edited by Paldamus on Mar 20, 2018, 10:09:11 AM
"
majesw wrote:

Sadly not every league has been a huge departure from standard. I think Bestiary is quite a nice addition. Improving spawn rate wouldn't hurt though!

Thats a big one for me.

I might be wrong, but the way I did understand challenge leagues is:
- We get to beta test a new feature
- This feature is ridiculous in terms of drop rates (or say opportunities to interact with the league mechanic)
- That way GGG gets a boatload of player data and is able to adjust the new feature to their liking and merge it to core

So in short:
I want the craziness of a completely retarded overtuned league mechanic to feel the league exists.
This league falls very short in this aspect. Why dont you crank up the spawn rates like crazy?
Let there be 10-20 reds per maps - who cares. Its a temp league.
Let people interact with the feature and nerf it after the leagues end.

Bestiary feels like it was nerfed before it even launched.
Its like Bestiary already went core and got gutted in the process - like all other league mechanics.
This is just bad.
"
Orbaal wrote:

Thats a big one for me.

I might be wrong, but the way I did understand challenge leagues is:
- We get to beta test a new feature
- This feature is ridiculous in terms of drop rates (or say opportunities to interact with the league mechanic)
- That way GGG gets a boatload of player data and is able to adjust the new feature to their liking and merge it to core

So in short:
I want the craziness of a completely retarded overtuned league mechanic to feel the league exists.
This league falls very short in this aspect. Why dont you crank up the spawn rates like crazy?
Let there be 10-20 reds per maps - who cares. Its a temp league.
Let people interact with the feature and nerf it after the leagues end.

Bestiary feels like it was nerfed before it even launched.
Its like Bestiary already went core and got gutted in the process - like all other league mechanics.
This is just bad.

Oh, it's not bad... But you're right there could be an awful lot MORE... I'd really like to see red mobs at every 2-3 maps. I think that's the perfect rate. At 5 maps you have stretches of 8-10 maps with none quite commonly...
"
Paldamus wrote:
League is fine, the only ppl whining are the ones that always whine during every league and praise it afterwards. They expected the same godmode loot pinjatas and faceroll as in breach etc...

League is fine in your opinion, right? not many like it so i just wonder why you say it is fine?
And how do people praise a league after whining about it? never seen that doh, thats here on POE?

@OP, i played Bestiary so i know i am missing out on NOTHING! but i do like, you like it! you deserve a league like this, enjoy it while it last
"
Switi wrote:
"
Paldamus wrote:

League is fine in your opinion, right? not many like it so i just wonder why you say it is fine?
And how do people praise a league after whining about it? never seen that doh, thats here on POE?

@OP, i played Bestiary so i know i am missing out on NOTHING! but i do like, you like it! you deserve a league like this, enjoy it while it last

yeah it's fine in my opinion and "many other's" too. See you use the word "many" based on some reddit whining and i can say many too, based on the overwhelming majority of ppl that never comment in forum or reddit and just play the game + as shown by the new mystery box being the most successful one yet. Do i need to drag out ppl from my friends list and make screenshots of them saying it's fine or atleast semi-fine too? Man this "most" ppl type of talking needs to stop and ppl should speak for themselves not parrot reddit.

It's fine cos it's fine duh... why do you say it's not fine i may ask the same. Oh let me guess the same old "muh alch, muh maps, muh red beasts"... dnno bro i play myself instead of parroting reddit and all is fine for me.

Ppl during harbinger whined all over the place and said it's "garbinger" as in garbage and now there's threads and ppl saying that harbi was so good... it's always the same.
Quit after Legion, rejoined PoE to see what the game's like now in 3.12.
Last edited by Paldamus on Mar 20, 2018, 10:20:40 AM
"
Switi wrote:
"
Paldamus wrote:

Uh, thanks? I guess?
I'd prefer Harbinger back but w/e Bestiary is okay.
I made it to maps and quit. When they made these recent changes I tried again.

NOT MISSING OUT!!! STILL SUCKS!!!

Capturing beasts is not enjoyable in this game, No matter the play style.
And mine happens to be slower paced, cause that's how I like it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info