Can we talk about trade etiquette?

I have personally gotten sick of people not using common sense when trading, treating you As if you are nothing more than a common computer generated NPC.. WE ARE NOT EINHAR So.. here are a few things I personally think should happen during a trade transaction and, everyone should learn.

1.) If you message multiple people looking for your item, DO NOT ignore an invite regardless of if you got your item already.
*If you do get an invite from someone and you already have your item then simply reply with
"I got it" or some other variation. People are busy with playing the game they DO NOT want
to be waiting around for you to make up your mind. AND FOR THE LOVE OF EVERYTHING DO NOT
IGNORE PEOPLE
... Bad manners kids... bad manners.

2.) Have your currency ready when you travel to someone's hideout.
*it is one thing to need to exchange currency for a negotiation, It is a completely different
situation when you have an agreement already just, UGH.. have your stuff together when you go
to buy your item. It makes things run smoother. kay..

3.) If you are buying an item, YOU are to go to the other person's hideout unless there are problems.
*Often times people are mapping and do NOT wish to leave their hideout simply because you want
something. I do not know why this is a hard concept..

4.) DO NOT.. and I repeat DO NOT initiate a trade invite with someone when you are buying something.
*You need to let the person you are buying from initiate the trade. Why? because, they have
to get the item out of their stash first. trying to trade with someone as soon as you get to
someone's hideout is WAY too pushy.. ESPECIALLY if there are multiple trades going on at the
same time. It becomes way WAY to hectic... Seriously simply get in the person's hideout and
wait PATIENTLY they will get to you when they can.

5.) If YOU are the one selling items then PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do not outright ignore purchase messages.
*If you need to step away fine, put up your /dnd message so that people know you are
unavailable. I get that sometimes you forget and that is fine but, a quick "busy" whisper
will let people know they should move on. I also get that sometimes you forget to put up
your away message and, you are in the middle of a rough battle. (such as Uber Elder) In
which case a simple "sorry was busy" message after the battle will go a LONG way. You ARE
(in that case) the one who forgot to set your away message up.

Listen, I don't know why this is not common sense by now. GGG has stated they don't want an auction house. fine... But can we PLEASE all try and make trading in POE run a little smoother. and MAYBE, just maybe.. treat everyone with respect..

Last bumped on Mar 20, 2018, 11:23:16 PM
I think people should be a rude as possible so GGG get off butt and we get a superior AH and not stuck in 1990s trade chat
Git R Dun!
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
I think people should be a rude as possible so GGG get off butt and we get a superior AH and not stuck in 1990s trade chat

+1
“Human decency is not derived from religion. It precedes it.”
― Christopher Hitchens
My QoL List: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3279646
You can discuss pretty much anything you want, so long as you follow the forum rules.

It's not likely to do much good.
Should add one more. Never tell people that they will profit 35c if you will trade them your random prophecy instead of currency.
Last edited by SunL4D2 on Mar 19, 2018, 8:57:52 PM
just fucking overhaul that 1990 trade abomination we have in PoE .. but hey GGG doesn't want to get rid of the social aspect of face to face trading LUL everytime i trade i feel like i met a person by rightclick invite after i get a copy pasta feels so social

I feel like I've read this exact post about 100 times in the past couple of years.

Yes, this is something GGG should fix.
- here's my sig
While I do agree that people should be polite and these are generally good habits to follow when trading, it's ridiculous to expect people to follow a set of guidelines that aren't explicitly stated in the game.
"
I feel like I've read this exact post about 100 times in the past couple of years.

Yes, this is something GGG should fix.

a lot more than 100 for sure.
Domine Non Es Dignus
"ggg should fix" :D

The company can't fix the players.
Adding an auction house would result in "ah is bugged" "bots are sniping" +++

It's just like in real life; you just have to put up with some things/people.
I am not defending idiots but I know that we all make mistakes and have bad days too so nobody can follow a list of etiquette to a word.

I'd highlight the fact that when you message someone, always make your intentions clear in the same message (different offer etc). Also don't make people wait.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info