Real talk is HC gonna die out eventually?

Yeah HC is dying

I Feel strangely stuck HC seems darn near impossible (particularly for a scrub like me)

But SC seems entirely hollow and pointless...
I dont see any any key!
"
99Pitbull99 wrote:
Game is only here for a VERY few people to actually enjoy. Save your time, leave. GGG got their money. Fuck everyone else it seems. About out myself after 5+ years and tons of WASTED money supporting these assholes.

Be glad you didn't invest in MMOs. But you already invalidated your own opinion.

As far as HC goes - it appeals to a certain player. I myself wouldn't bother short of an offline game because I know I get really frustrated to lose that time and effort to an internet hiccup.

Party stuff seems like a generally bad idea since its bad enough to get yourself killed, worse when it was someone else's fault. So I'm not surprised there's a lack of interest there.

They could always introduce special rewards to HC to make it more appealing. I know that I don't even bother trying because I'd know I'd end up in softcore anyway unless I stuck to just repeating under-leveled content.
Yep, totally over league play.
Last edited by SeCKSEgai on Mar 19, 2018, 5:26:42 PM
If i were to play HC i would play SSFHC, unless you wanna roleplay some bitch boi and follow your carry while he kills everything i would recommend it too. I played a lot of HC in D3, PoE is just extremely buggy, laggy, and full of random one shots. But PoE ain't SSF friendly to start with so i guess i'll stick to trading cash simulator.
"In this game you're just a cow being milked, not a human being entertained" - Kiss_Me_Quick
Last edited by IIPheXII on Mar 19, 2018, 5:35:23 PM
"
99Pitbull99 wrote:

They don't care now. They used to.

Actually they never cared much about HC in terms of proper balancing, nor ever did it properly. But definitely game was advertised as one with emphasis on HC, and attracted certain player base.

As long as ggg realised it's not where money is, respectively began to target larger audience hence game took a much more casual shape, tryhard diehards naturally dropped off.
A sane person won't ever play HC in a game balanced like that, combined with the lack of advertisement and tickling the sentiments. So most of the people just don't.

This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017
Last edited by torturo on Mar 19, 2018, 5:24:31 PM
I mean I cant say a blame GGG for the SC focus, follow the money and all
I dont see any any key!
"
Fapmobile wrote:
Dunno where you're getting the idea that it's different than before.
I never really saw public groups in the hardcore leagues and bhc is quite active.

When you compare it to BSC community then BHC have like 10x times less so i cant really call that "active"
Last edited by Gnomzy99 on Mar 19, 2018, 5:33:28 PM
"
stevich wrote:
"
Draegnarrr wrote:

That being said the game has become increasingly unfriendly for HC in my eyes,

It hasnt. Poe is hc friendlier than ever. Shotgunning removed. Shockstacks removed. Power creep. Reflect nerfed multiple times. .

All good points but also all of those happened a long time ago now, if those things were in the last year or even two by now i'd agree but they aren't.

Reflect changes are largely irrelevant to HC because everyone built around it anyway and infact the elemental mortar thing they replaced it with is actually more dangerous than old reflect mobs were. Almost all of the favored ascendancies for hardcore have been buffed and that helps in the long run but theres been a steady increase in like totems and necros for a while and they were already the best for HC.

The issue is the league mechanics, both breach and abyss were rippy, harbinger was very safe by comparison and legacy was as hard as you made it but in my eyes abyss was a harder HC experience than any of the prior leagues, unless you were a jugg in which case it was pretty irrelevant.
I just dont understand why anyone would bother playing HC on an game as unstable as this. It just takes 1 instance freeze or desync to literally kill you permanently.

Between that and the random things that happen it just doesnt make sense to me, I understand that some of the super elite players like racing to 100 on HC and they can do it but realistically 99% of the player base has never nor will ever reach 100 on HC.

I can see leveling an character there eventually to get a few of the achievments but it seems crazy to invest actual time into it, even with a bran new PC, an 600 dollar graphics card and a stable internet connection my game constantly stutters and drops in resolution when mobs start getting too deep and theres multiple effects going off.
Last edited by JCOH35 on Mar 19, 2018, 7:09:33 PM
All wrong, never been about the challenge of league mechanics, rippy stuff like that doesn't stop HC folks. HC people love a proper challenge when relating to a build vs the content.

LAB is the garbage that ruined HC, as predicted due to shit crossy road blade car bullshit blocking the best parts of character progression - its not hard, its not challenging, its just pure shit gameplay with rippy death blades that will fuck your time and efforts with one network hiccup or a char hung up on an object or something equally ridiculous.

For every 1 HC guy who like LAB, there's 100 who can't fucking stand it and 1000 who just get through it without any desire to do so.

LAB - ruination of HC. Prior LAB, HC was thriving, almost an instantaneous population drop after LAB and hasn't recovered.
I'm the Ps guy: Psomm, Pso, Psong, pso-on and pso-phorth.
Hardcore really isnt that when you can log out at any time. If you were only able to log out in town it would be much more HC. But "top players" cried about not being able to instantly log out because they may die.

I dont get it

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info