Playing PoE without buying is impossible these days

"
"
Not really. I just bought the tabs for $20 and didn't cry about it. Get a better job.

You seem pretty defensive over something so trivial (to you).

Anyway, criticism still stands. You have yet to refute.

Again. Not really. I just bought the tabs for $20 and didn't cry about it. Get a better job.

"
majesw wrote:
"
"
It's not that they're not doing anything about it. It's a part of their business plan.

And their business plan is terrible and is allowed to be criticized

Actually, it's been a brilliant business plan...
I'm not sure why you think it's terrible.
Basically you can play the game completely free as long as you like, or you can drop 20+ bucks and have some organizational helpers, or you can drop as much as you like and make your character look awesome.

As a consumer you can't really beat those options these days. I know of multiple games that use GGG as their "ideal" model.

Any plan that makes money is brilliant to some.

It's not $20+, it's $40+. Don't downplay the cost. It would make you appear ignorant on the financials.

They are not organizational helpers. They are slots to free up space for items and currencies that will inevitably crowd up default stash tabs. To say they are organizational helpers is to not understand what organizing or helpers is.

You may or not beat it, haven't done research into the competition. All I know is this transacation method is shady and hopefully more people call GGG out on it 'cause the game is now pay-2-win.
KittyCatScratcher
Level 90 Champion
Standard League

I see what's going on here.

Maybe ask mom to buy them for your birthday.

When you grow up you'll realize that you can spend $40 bucks at the bar like it's nothing.
The issue isn't whether or not GGG is subtly coercing you into purchasing stash tabs the real issue is whether or not you personally feel GGG deserves that money based on your perceived quality of the game.

If you have fun, support, if you don't think they deserve it - don't.
"
Each patch they add new currency. The default number of tabs doesn't hold all the maps, currency, cards, shards, etc. It makes actually doing maps or playing after act 10 super difficult. If you try to get tabs they cost over $40 to just handle all the items thrown at you. Game is slowly pricing out individuals and GGG isn't doing anything about it. Map tab is on sale for 120 points? Gotta spend $20 for 200. :/

It's this way with all free to play games. They throw tons of items, ingredients, materials and currency at you to make you feel compelled to buy more space.

But hey, at least you got the game for free right?
Now you bring up pay-to-win, when your first argument was that it was pay-to-play. Pick one issue and stick with it.
"
karoollll2534 wrote:
Game is free.
You can always create mule accounts, use forum to post your items and get cancer/lose your sanity after doing this for a week.

Wraeclast is a hars place exile.
Enjoy your time =)

--------------------------------------
Ok and now my honest opinion.
Itemization, even for paying user is a cancer. We already have a lot of "special" tabs and more are comming (for sure ggg will make some new tabs), im already tired of this.

Void tab please...
I can even pay for tab that would let me to use tabs i already paid for in convenient way.

I don't know when or why the term "cancer" became the go to term for "bad", but it's a horrible use and belittles the actual disease and the people who have suffered from it.
"
"
Not really. I just bought the tabs for $20 and didn't cry about it. Get a better job.

You seem pretty defensive over something so trivial (to you).

Anyway, criticism still stands. You have yet to refute.

You can criticize all you want. That's your opinion. It doesn't need to be refuted. Other opinions may vary the same as religious and political beliefs. There's nothing to refute.
Yes, PoE is free to play.

Yes, you need premium tabs for quality of life and API trading.

Yes, GGG needs to make money for a living and they found a good niche for this purpose.

Yes, I have over 100 stash tabs.

Yes, I should seek help from a therapist.

Yes, I have spent like $2000 in MTX and stash tabs since I started in 2013.

LORD, PLEASE HELP ME
poe is p2w now?
thats a new low....

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info