So I bought a Vaults of Atziri map yesterday....

I haven't been so motivated to ignore yellows since my D2 days - which I did end up going in and vendoring several times to try and recoup losses.

Before that had a diviner's on channel got enough cards for my first ventors just for it to be completely negative in IIQ and IIR.

At least I didn't get an abundance of nets.
Yep, totally over league play.
Last bumped on Mar 18, 2018, 12:18:12 PM
Frankly I didn't think it warranted the effort to find an image to copy/paste.

I think maybe I should have specified how item rarity really seems so meaningless. Repetition is to be expected but mindlessly mapping does explain why the community can be snappy.

It's nice to not have to farm a specific area or certain boss all the time - but not so nice when you have to maintain a map pool on top of it.

I guess I'm just reflecting on it all to avoid mapping.

Edit - Just now finally found something nice - put wrong enchantment on it - went to scrub it but forgot to do it in haku's device. The mindless mentality for clearing can lead to poor decision making. Alas.
Last edited by SeCKSEgai on Mar 18, 2018, 11:04:47 AM
Well when you post in gameplay help, you should ask for help. When you just complain you can't complain about getting responses like you got.

IIR doesn't do anything for chests. Don't know if that's in the wiki or not since it's common knowledge, but you should be able to look up item rarity there and see what to expect. The ring is called Ventnor's “Gamble” for a reason. They don't call it Ventnor's “Gauranteed Ring of OPness”.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
Last edited by mark1030 on Mar 18, 2018, 11:43:09 AM
"
mark1030 wrote:
Well when you post in gameplay help, you should ask for help. When you just complain you can't complain about getting responses like you got.

IIR doesn't do anything for chests. Don't know if that's in the wiki or not since it's common knowledge, but you should be able to look up item rarity there and see what to expect. The ring is called Ventnor's “Gamble” for a reason. They don't call it Ventnor's “Gauranteed Ring of OPness”.

It also has discussion - I mean I get that I'm years late on anything that's old news - I was just curious to see if I'd get feedback on how iiq and iir influence how people have played - or just people skimming and writing it off.

I wasn't really complaining about the ventor's btw - just noting that it was a hint of excitement only to be underwhelming.

With the folks posting on the forums complaining about beastiary, I've been taking a deeper look at how the economy drives players into the speed-clearing meta.

Sure, maybe it was too much to expect a philosophy discussion. When reward is what drives players to repeat the same thing over and over and that sense of reward fades, it helps to explain the mindset of the community - as well as why I myself am doing just that, for the sake of better gear to do the same thing anyway.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info