Slayer's Bane of Legends skill and Item Rarity & Item Quantity support

Previously, there was a bug (fixed in 0.10.2), that prevented skills with culling strike from getting bonuses from Item Rarity / Item Quantity support gems.

I have a strong feeling, that Slayer's skill Bane of Legends (super culling strike) also prevents getting rarity & quantity bonuses from corresponding support gems. I played other classes and difference was visible after playing 10-20 maps with and without rarity & quantity support gems.

But now I am playing Slayer and I can see no difference with and without those gems.
Last bumped on Mar 28, 2018, 7:36:02 PM
"
Dark_Nero wrote:
Previously, there was a bug (fixed in 0.10.2), that prevented skills with culling strike from getting bonuses from Item Rarity / Item Quantity support gems.

I have a strong feeling, that Slayer's skill Bane of Legends (super culling strike) also prevents getting rarity & quantity bonuses from corresponding support gems. I played other classes and difference was visible after playing 10-20 maps with and without rarity & quantity support gems.

But now I am playing Slayer and I can see no difference with and without those gems.

If you believe you have found a bug, report it in either the Bug Reports forum, or via email to GGG support. Only the later will get a response from GGG, though both will be read and investigated.

That said, if I worked for GGG and saw this, I'd shrug and say you were suffering - at best - a very short streak of bad luck. It could, I guess, be something else, but that seems less likely than human challenges with RNG.

If you wanted me to pay attention, I'd be looking for information on how, exactly, you compared the effects, and how you counted the outcomes.

One simple way to do that would be:

Grab two of a single map instance, with the same bonuses to IIR and IIQ. That probably means "white, no chisel, no influence, no sextant". The goal is to run two maps that are, as much as possible, identical other than the support gems you are trying to measure.

Run those maps, always in the same order, with the supports, and without.

In each run count the full number of item drops, and their rarity, with no loot filter. Yes, none. Because if IIQ means you are seeing more "white, pointless, hidden" items most of the time, we still need to count that as an effect of it. Likewise more magic items that are hidden by the filter, rather than whites.

At the end of each run /bug and record the bug report number, recording it, and the item drop counts, in a spreadsheet.

Repeat this until you have at least 20 comparisons - 20 with, 20 without - and show us both the raw numbers, and the averages over the count of samples.

20 is still a tiny sample, where RNG could play a huge factor in the results, but that would be a start to actually showing that there is no difference, or that there is. Then keep going until you build up a more compelling proof.
SlippyCheeze, thanks for the reply. I'll try to find time to make such a time-demanding research.

But I'd say by posting this, I mostly wanted GGG programmers to check several lines in the code, to assure that Slayer's super-culling strike is not affected by the same issue, as usual culling strike was affected in previous versions.

Also, QA team of the product should have much. much more convenient instruments for testing such things - like debugging tools, cheats, additional monitoring overlays etc. They should definitely have an opportunity to look in the debug console output and see, what was the actual final quantity modifier for this particular mob killed, and just verify it with the expected result.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info