Sunder Glad question

Hey guys. I've been trying some Sunder builds and i have a question.

What do you think is better? A very high speed Sunder, or a slower one, with more dps? I've been having better results with the slower one, but the faster speed feels so right!

What do you guys prefer? my characters are open, so you can comment on the builds, etc. I'm always willing to learn.
Last bumped on Mar 16, 2018, 4:21:45 PM
Errr pretty much everything in your profile is viewable with the exception of the characters tab. You need to uncheck 'Hide Characters tab' in privacy settings.
Last edited by RandallPOE on Mar 16, 2018, 11:44:52 AM
"
Ani_ wrote:
Hey guys. I've been trying some Sunder builds and i have a question.

What do you think is better? A very high speed Sunder, or a slower one, with more dps? I've been having better results with the slower one, but the faster speed feels so right!

What do you guys prefer? my characters are open, so you can comment on the builds, etc. I'm always willing to learn.

In theory, if DPS remains constant, faster attacks are preferable because PoE has "on hit" effects. That means that the same damage output with more hits is going to generate relatively more benefits. (It also has some additional bonuses, such as being able to change what you are doing sooner, because the cast time also prevents other actions beginning.)

In practice, it is rarely as simple as it sounds because things like "on hit" effects are not static, and so changing attack speed changes the DPS more than the simple constant from the weapon damage would imply.

The short version is: always faster attacks are preferable.
Many on-hit effects are dependent on the damage per hit, though. Freeze, chill, shock, bleed, ignite and stun all benefit from more damage per hit. So really it depends on what sort of on-hit effects your build is trying to proc.
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info